Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Hardy signs for Leeds

vCash

Gareth Hardy signs for Leeds

Leeds Carnegie have announced their fifth signing of the summer as they prepare for their return to the Guinness Premiership with the capture of Western Force prop Gareth Hardy, 28.

Hardy, who previously played for NSW Waratahs in the Super 12 competition before joining the Western Force on their formation in 2006, has represented Australia at A level and is regarded as one of the best loosehead props in Australia. He will join Leeds Carnegie on a two year contract.

A solid scrummager with exceptional ability in the loose, Hardy was on the verge of selection for the full Test squad before a broken ankle sustained in the early rounds of the 2007 season limited his appearances to just four.

However, he returned this season and will leave the Force having made nearly 50 appearances in the Super 14 competition..

Commenting on the signing Head Coach Neil Back said, "We are delighted to have signed a player of Gareth's experience for next season. As well as his presence in the pack, he will also offer us plenty of options around the field as well and compliment the other senior props we have in Mike MacDonald, Juan Gomez, Tommy McGee and Fosi Pala'amo.

"I know that Gareth was approached by a number of other clubs in the Guinness Premiership and we are particularly pleased that he has bought into our vision for the club and wants to help the team achieve our goals in the Guinness Premiership," added Back.

Hardy, who will not count on the club's overseas quota because he has a British passport added, "I am really looking forward to the challenge of helping Leeds Carnegie consolidate their presence in the Guinness Premiership season. Having spoken with Andy Key and Neil Back, I am also looking forward to working with both of them to help develop my game even further. I am also looking forward to living in Leeds and experiencing life in Yorkshire and can not wait to get over and meet the boys to start pre-season training."

Leeds Carnegie have already announced the signing of second row Marco Wentzel from Leicester, winger Henry Fa'afili from Biarritz and back row Alfie To'oala from Bristol plus prop Juan Gomez has agreed a permanent deal with the club after spending the latter part of last season on loan from European Champions Leinster.

http://www.leedscarnegie.co.uk/news_...F9BCC989D7.htm

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Bollocks! That leaves us needing another prop then. Wonder where they got up to in discussions with Nic Henderson then?

vCash
    F*^K!!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Bugger - another Force original gone! Catch you on the flipside, Boof when you come back bigger and better!

vCash
    BUGGER ....DAMN AND BLAST......wtf?????

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Bollocks! That leaves us needing another prop then. Wonder where they got up to in discussions with Nic Henderson then?
    We have five as it is (Dunning, Fairbrother, Cowan, Takiari, Longbottom) and two in the academy system- Cruze Ah-Nau and Brendan O'Dea. I rate all five props we have so we may as well promote one of those two to a rookie contract/level 1 academy spot. No dramas.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Good luck to you Boof you served us well, and will be missed.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We have five as it is (Dunning, Fairbrother, Cowan, Takiari, Longbottom) and two in the academy system- Cruze Ah-Nau and Brendan O'Dea. I rate all five props we have so we may as well promote one of those two to a rookie contract/level 1 academy spot. No dramas.
    Just observing that three have left and two have arrived. If that remains the case it will be a huge rap for Kieran, as fifth man in a group featuring Dunning's achilles and Fairbrother's general history can expect some action.

No disrespect to either of the rookies though, but I would not be placing a reliance on academy players. They will get promoted on quality, not seniority, and I think I'm right in saying that neither managed to make the tour to England last year.

vCash
    All the best Boof & good luck with Leeds. Thanks for all your Force efforts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Sorry to see him go - well done Leeds in capturing one of our heroes

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Just observing that three have left and two have arrived. If that remains the case it will be a huge rap for Kieran, as fifth man in a group featuring Dunning's achilles and Fairbrother's general history can expect some action.

No disrespect to either of the rookies though, but I would not be placing a reliance on academy players. They will get promoted on quality, not seniority, and I think I'm right in saying that neither managed to make the tour to England last year.
    Yeah fingers crossed that we don't have too many injuries but the same applies to every position. I am pretty sure both of those academy guys are only just twenty and with the Force taking their four squad props on that tour there was no room for them.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Boof! Oh my gosh This has been the worst off season ever. Please don't go! Thankyou for all your efforts for the force Boof and I'm so sad to see you go

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    all the best in Leeds, Boof

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    all the best boof..... another character around the dressing room leaves the club....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If only he'd learnt to Hook...

Goodluck mate, all the best and thanks for helping found pro Rugby in WA

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast