Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ???? over the replacements

vCash

???? over the replacements

Can someone place some light on Sams replacement when we already had Sharpie off yes bring on Big mac to replace sharpe but dont replace Sam Wykes.. Wykes was our caller in the line and had been reading the play for 70 mins so well.... Not to say one of the back 3 deserved to leave but to get the fresh legs on poss sub one of them and bring Hockings in. That may have been the call that may have lost us the game
    ( Shame on you Richard Once again Graham ) Nick Stiles has performed well in getting the front troops to being a real Force ( excuse the Pun )
    Rg needs to consider his options now and lets see if the boys can do it again without JOC next week if so it shows there are 14 other players on the field and his value may not been as high ( sorry to be a JOC partial supportter but I like the team players not individuals )

Drop Sheehan earlier in the game get Swannie in the game earlier

I have faith in the younger talent we have and its showed in the past weeks and please resign the following before the other teams see there potential come on Rugby WA

James Stannard 2011
    Mark Swanepoel 2011
    Rory Sidey 2011
    Richard Brown 2011
    Alfie Mafi 2011

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i think it was all about fresh legs

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    James Stannard is contracted until 2012. Both he and Sheehan signed 1 year deals a month or two ago. But you are right, his contract should be extended.

Wykes was subbed after we lost two consecutive line-outs. Whether it was a punitive substitution, or if he appeared injured, I don't know, but neither Wykes or Hockings showed they can handle a line-out by themselves. Hopefully they've both learnt from the experience because neither were anywhere near good enough.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    How hard is it with 2 minutes to go on your own try line to do a simple short throw in, set up a maul and hang on or possibly kick it back out to the 10 or 15 to punt it down into touch or all the way to the other end of the field? If only it was as easy as I make it sound

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Thing is though that if you throw it short it will get sacked before you get a chance to maul. Your kicker then has almost zero angle to work with and if he boots it into touch he'd be lucky to get it out of 10 metres out from his own line because if he tries to go further the Reds will counter attack like there is no tomorrow. If you take the ball at the back of the line-out, which is a bold play but perhaps one the Reds wouldn't've expected given they gained dominance in the line-out, you can probably clear past the 22 much more comfortably.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Should try and lure Wal home if they are only going to bench start him in Redtown.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thing is though that if you throw it short it will get sacked before you get a chance to maul. Your kicker then has almost zero angle to work with and if he boots it into touch he'd be lucky to get it out of 10 metres out from his own line because if he tries to go further the Reds will counter attack like there is no tomorrow. If you take the ball at the back of the line-out, which is a bold play but perhaps one the Reds wouldn't've expected given they gained dominance in the line-out, you can probably clear past the 22 much more comfortably.
    Yes it was definitely a bad position to be in. if only it was as easy as i make it sound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Should try and lure Wal home if they are only going to bench start him in Redtown.
    He's contracted until 2012 and will be almost as old as Sharpie by then. He'd be a good back-up option if he could be released for next year. Whatever happens we need to get a succession plan in place because the younger brigade are not measuring up. It'sour weakest department. Among the best when he's there and a shambles on the rare occasions he's not.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Toby Lynn

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Toby lynn will give the grunt to go with Sharpy and he's not too bad in the air either

vCash
    So what's happening with Tom Hocking? I would have thought that he would have gone on when Sharpie went off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Whatever happens we need to get a succession plan in place because the younger brigade are not measuring up. It'sour weakest department. Among the best when he's there and a shambles on the rare occasions he's not.
    Graham should have had more of a look at Phoenix Battye on the pitch. Hockings needs a rev up like what was given to Wykes at the season start.....ie "Perform or ur gone!"

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Graham should have had more of a look at Phoenix Battye on the pitch. Hockings needs a rev up like what was given to Wykes at the season start.....ie "Perform or ur gone!"
    why, the kid has done nothing in the metro comp doesnt deserve it

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Can someone place some light on Sams replacement when we already had Sharpie off yes bring on Big mac to replace sharpe but dont replace Sam Wykes.. Wykes was our caller in the line and had been reading the play for 70 mins so well.... Not to say one of the back 3 deserved to leave but to get the fresh legs on poss sub one of them and bring Hockings in. That may have been the call that may have lost us the game
    ( Shame on you Richard Once again Graham ) Nick Stiles has performed well in getting the front troops to being a real Force ( excuse the Pun )
    Rg needs to consider his options now and lets see if the boys can do it again without JOC next week if so it shows there are 14 other players on the field and his value may not been as high ( sorry to be a JOC partial supportter but I like the team players not individuals )

Drop Sheehan earlier in the game get Swannie in the game earlier

I have faith in the younger talent we have and its showed in the past weeks and please resign the following before the other teams see there potential come on Rugby WA

James Stannard 2011
    Mark Swanepoel 2011
    Rory Sidey 2011
    Richard Brown 2011
    Alfie Mafi 2011
    I had a very interesting flight from Perth to Sydney and sat next to the Force Corporate Sales Account Manager who was on his way to USA for meetingc with Cubs, White Sox etc etc regarding their promotion and seeking new ideas which sounded like a nice junket (he paid his own way there and back btw, not us!).

The most interesting thing he said was that Mark will be playing for Canterbury in the ITM Cup later this year. With his Kiwi heritage we may lose him for ever??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Wow, starting to feel old with Pruc calling a contracted player "the kid"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast