Thread: Slipping away: Lievremont unimpressed by Chabal, but Michalak is given a French boost

vCash

Slipping away: Lievremont unimpressed by Chabal, but Michalak is given a French boost

France door shut for Chabal?
    Slipping away: Lievremont unimpressed by Chabal, but Michalak is given a French boost

Monday 17th March 2008 France door shut for Chabal? - Rugby News, Results, Fixtures and Features from Planet-Rugby.com

Sebastien Chabal's days as a France international could be over after head coach Marc Lievremont indicated the Sale number-eight's style of play does not suit Les Bleus' new-look side.

Chabal, who was a member of France's World Cup squad last year, was not called upon by Lievremont for this season's Six Nations Championship campaign.

And there may be no way back for the rampaging 30-year-old, with Lievremont unimpressed by the French idol's efforts.

"Chabal has been performing in his own way, a way which clearly isn't how we see the game," he said.

However, the international future of fly-half Frederic Michalak, another player who did not feature in the Six Nations, looks to be more secure.

Michalak moved to South Africa after the World Cup to play for the Sharks, and has impressed in his short time in the southern hemisphere.

He could be recalled for France's two-Test tour of Australia in June with Lievremont expressing an interest in the former Toulouse man.

"I can envisage it, of course. It is even probable," he said.

"He will be in prime form at the end of the (Super 14) season with the Sharks, and he can bring a lot to us.

"He is a brilliant player and like all brilliant players, we are interested in him

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Lievremont's new look side could do with a big bashing number 8 or something?
    Because they aren't doing very well at the moment!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Michalak moved to South Africa after the World Cup to play for the Sharks, and has impressed in his short time in the southern hemisphere.
    Anyone see him play last weekend? I thought I was crap at front-on tackling when I played #10 but I was a sht-load better than Freddie! He was awful!

Teams playing the Sharks will (or should) target the #10 position for easy "yardage".