Thread: Wallabies reach for the stars

vCash

Wallabies reach for the stars

Wallabies reach for the stars

By Wayne Smith

July 24, 2008

FOUR Tests into Robbie Deans's reign and Australia are closing in on the No.1 IRB ranking, with victory over New Zealand in Sydney on Saturday certain to catapult them to within striking range of world champions South Africa.

Before last weekend's Test against South Africa, the Wallabies lagged 6.56 points behind South Africa, but after defeating Victor Matfield's side the gap between first and third is down to 3.84 points, 90.01 to 86.17, with the All Blacks perilously placed in second position on 89.23.

Ranking points are calculated on a formula designed to make cricket's Duckworth-Lewis method appear straightforward, with winning margins and home-ground advantage factored in.

But almost certainly if the Wallabies were to register back-to-back Bledisloe wins over the All Blacks, in Sydney and Auckland over the next nine days, they would surge to the top of the IRB ranking for the first time in the system's five-year history.

Wallabies reach for the stars - Rugby - Fox Sports

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    wow, only two easy tests against the all blacks and we will be number 1 again...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    wow, only two easy tests against the all blacks and we will be number 1 again...
    I like your sentiment TOCC - But, I don't believe that there is such a thing as an easy Test against the All Blacks.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    Easy tests my butt!! Both teams still haven't reached their potential yet, but if you say the wallabies have then they are in trouble. AB's by 6 on Sat.

ALL BLACKS - STRENGTH OF 15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I like your sentiment TOCC - But, I don't believe that there is such a thing as an easy Test against the All Blacks.
    I think he was being sarcastic.

vCash
    yeah it was a little bit of sarcasm... i wonder when the last time the wallabies beat the all black 2 tests in a row was? not since the 1999/2000 im guessing

vCash
    2001 when we won at Carisbrook then followed it up in John Eales last game??
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Wallabies: where would you rather be? Up 2-0 against South Africa AND New Zealand, or on the flipside? Congratulations to Australia!!!

by and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth-george carlin: