Thread: DUB_C V HALE

Champion
    vCash

DUB_C V HALE

well its the start of the psa rugby season and what better way to start off then to have the game of the round wesley v hale. alot of rivalry between these two schools with hale being the best rugby school for years, they now have a challenge. with the wesley 1sts last year nearly winning against all the odds its in the final game off the 06 season. however with the two TWF members pruc and shaun versing it other i thought the preview would be more suited for the most important game.......

YR 10 PREVIEW

Previous encounters -

Wesley - 1 win 1 draw 1 lose
    Hale - 1 win 1 draw 1 lose

2005- Hale 26 defeated Wesley 5
    2006 - Hale 15 drew with Wesley 15
    - Hale 7 lost to Wesley 14

The Wesley v Hale games always a contest its no better way to start off the year. especially with the wesley coach being a regional selector and having about 6 players between the 2 sides trying out this is going to be a game with emotion

WESLEY
    Well from last yr only losing 2 games and finishing outright 3rd but has lost half the backline to 1st's hockey. And gained some new inexperienced backs. from the 3 training seasons we have alot to make up on from last season.

however wesley has keep there outside centre julian kii - [who is the fastest boy in the psa over 100m. running an 11.something] and retaining all but one player in the back row.

all looks promising however as with most teams it will take awhile for the backs to gel together and for the phases to have cohesion.

never the less wesley prides its self for its ugly rugby and it scapy play when under pressure. the never say die attitude show by this team in previous years is a good thing. the boys when on the field display the schools motto:

['by daring and by doing
    the wesley team do dare to take chances because without this the team would be choked of its flambouant plays.

my verdit wesley by 2.

now shaun can do his own preview if he wants. but i think he might by a tad scared already.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So, after this preview, how'd it go?

How about a review?

Last edited by Ecky; 05-05-07 at 18:00.

Champion
    vCash
    ok

DUB_C V HALE REVIEW

For the first game of the year no one at wesley looked keen since we had bin up til the wee hours the night before and our prop broke his toe but still had to play because we only have a squad of 15.

kickoff went and off the season begun.

first 10mins nothing special, pretty scrappy but its the first game of the year. nothing really spectaclar except the reffery destroying the game. with his only consistancy being unconsistant. both teams stuggled to find any cohesiveness. ill discipline by wesley gave hale 3 shots at goal and there kicker got all 3.

9-0 halftime.

keypoints wesleys fast centre has left the field needing stitches reducing wesley to 14.

2nd half starts. same again first 10minutes nothing inspiring then suddenly it arupted all the tension between two players were too much and after the wesley player retaliated to the hale player he was redcarded. however the reffery couldnt see wot was clearly infront of him the fact that there were 2 hale players swinging at the 1 wesley guy. - ohwell leave that to the tribuanl to sort out we have video footage whcih will help our case.

ok so wesley reduced to 13players. 2minutes later shot at goal. and i [kicker] missed kicked terribly and then hale countered down the sideline and out. oh wait whats this a wesley player is down. ....HOLY F@CK is wrist is an S shape. and that was the game.

9-0 wesley with one season ending injury one player on report and one player out for a week. not a great way to start when we only have a squad of 16 oh well theres always next year.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc
    no one at wesley looked keen since we had bin up til the wee hours the night before
    Are you joking???
    Bloody hell, if so, pride in your jersey and priorities have certainly changed over the years

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Pruc love the excuses mate

You know your man threw the punch at our player, that's why Lachy has a black eye. That was low by your team.

Wesley ended up forfeiting and the game carried on because Hale decided to show sportsmanship and reduce themselves to 12 men as well so that the rest of the game could go on fairly. We scored three tries after Wesley forfeited.

Personal report I think i had a decent first game at #9; but need to improve distribution off the line-outs. Also wouldn't mind a little bit of protection from the flankers, I was left wide open on numerous occasions. Shoulder is killing me, hopefully nothing serious (fingers crossed).

Oh Hale You Beaut!!!!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Champion
    vCash
    oh yeah sorry for smashing you off the lineouts and lachy did start on jo and jo just finished him off. next time ull lose.... and what was with the ref? he sucked wang!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Are you joking???
    Bloody hell, if so, pride in your jersey and priorities have certainly changed over the years
    ummmm a plc social burgs. sorry but chicks before sport.

and ummm shaun remind me who scored a try?

Last edited by pruc; 05-05-07 at 20:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Yeah ya got me that one time ay, so gay because my flankers don't know how to protect the half back. Who cares who scored a try mate it's a team sport, you only scored a try after you had forfited and the game was over.

season 07:

Hale 1- Wesley- 0

vCash
    And and Hale and Wesley strong in 1st XV as well?

vCash
    Hale are the benchmark at 1st level. I have no doubt that they will win the cup this year.

vCash
    Hale 1stXV thumped Wesley1stXV 58-3 from my knowledge while Christchurch beat Trinity 36-5.

Pruc, Patrick Hannigan's your coach isnt he. Awesome coach and bloke. You guys have it lucky to have him as your coach. Based on my understanding as well, Trinity still has its coach from the previous year while Scotch has lost its coach from last year to the nedlands colts and is replaced by one of the player's dad. Maybe its time for Wesley to step up this year?

Is Daryl Mitchell the flyhalf for the 1st this year, Shaun? I think Hale will still be the benchmark this year, but based on the recent trial matches, it seems like Scotch is proving to be quite competitive this year compared to the last. They've got quite some depth with them, as well as some key players. They've already outplayed Blue Mountains College this year from New Zealand and that was only with a small handful of the 1st XV players. And they've beaten Trinity and Christchurch as well in their trial matches. It'll indeed be quite a year for PSA rugby to watch.

Champion
    vCash
    yeah paddys our coach but after the hale game we are struggling to have enough numbers for a team. with our flyhalf with a broken hand our winger with stitches and our prop facing a minimun of 2 week suspension we are in for a long season.