Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force robbed of Bonus point

vCash

Force robbed of Bonus point

Hi
    Again WA robbed by very poor decsions from the refs... The ref should have gone up stairs to check the grounding of Habanas try .. I am watching replay at home and it is a sclear as day that he lost control of the ball before the line..

That means we dont get the bonus point for loosing by 7 or less.. The white card should be given to the ref on this occasion and he should be stood down and we are give the point ..

Just another observation last night was a member of the coaching staff going with the bench when they warmed up ( is this a new plan ???) Stormer reserves never moved from the bench all night

Great game and to my records this was the 1st game we have played in the rain (Super Rugby) we have had practise matches but not a super game in 7 yrs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Were you at the game?
    Did you see it live?
    Did you think it was a try when you first saw it?
    Did you see where the ref and ARs were when Habana went to ground?

vCash

I was there

Ecky
    I was there in the rain were you ???

Were you at the game? Yes
    Did you see it live? Yes
    Did you think it was a try when you first saw it? No as i thought he was off side
    Did you see where the ref and ARs were when Habana went to ground? yes they were no where near the grounding of the ball

As it states in the laws of rugby the refs must be sure the grounding of the ball and taht is why we have the TMO

Last edited by Tonkar; 29-04-12 at 10:55.

vCash
    Yep I was at the game!

Champion
    vCash
    I was at the game in line with the tryline and I thought he lost it, it should have been referred to the TMO. What made it worse was Habana grinning when a replay towards the end of the game clearly showed him losing the ball!!

vCash
    I was at the game and I had doubts about the try as well, agreed I thought he was offside and he lost control of the ball.
    I also have some issue with the fact Nalaga was held without the ball as he toe poked it ahead and IMHO would have scored a try. Both Ref and AR all within 5 metres said they saw nothing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    I was at the game and I had doubts about the try as well, agreed I thought he was offside and he lost control of the ball.
    I also have some issue with the fact Nalaga was held without the ball as he toe poked it ahead and IMHO would have scored a try. Both Ref and AR all within 5 metres said they saw nothing
    I heard the Ref call to the AR about that incident if Nalaga was impeded and there was no answer from the AR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I heard the Ref call to the AR about that incident if Nalaga was impeded and there was no answer from the AR.

OK
    My sports ears were not working to optimum last night so I dispensed with them

vCash
    When I saw it live I was sure he'd botched it and he was heading for plays of the week

To be fair, there was nobody within 20m of him so nobody was paying close attention.

The ref and AR's would have been a way back and from behind it would have been a meat pie

Tomorrows fish and chip paper

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Did you think it was a try when you first saw it? No as i thought he was off side
    Please don't change the focus of your original assertion. Your assertion did not mention whether he was offside.

Did you think that, when Habana went to ground in the process of attempting to score a try, that he had in fact scored a try?

Live. At the ground. When it happened. Without seeing a replay.

vCash
    I'm in eee11, on the 22. I thought he dropped it before hitting the ground, ref was about hmmmm 30-40m away, AR about hmmm 30m as well.

Also thought he had to be offside, but Harvey did a double take so maybe not.

Naga clearly held back after toe poking and try line 5m away, gesticulating straight to AR.

The AR on this side never one waved offside at breakdown despite the players clearly being in front of last feet. Has happened quite a lot, most notable against the two kiwi sides.

On another note, Harvey should never have continued after that head knock, clearly concussed, habana pass, hospital passes, passes to stationary forwards not charging backs, kicking askew etc
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Please don't change the focus of your original assertion. Your assertion did not mention whether he was offside.

Did you think that, when Habana went to ground in the process of attempting to score a try, that he had in fact scored a try?

Live. At the ground. When it happened. Without seeing a replay.
    Hey Ecky I did ask you if you were present at the game but you have not responded to my ???
    Or are you just the armchair critic

I have not changed my veiws

My Orginal oberservation and as stated in my post is ((((Again WA robbed by very poor decsions from the refs.)))))) And no I did see the grounding at all as I was 100 metres away and that is why I did not comment about this on the night till doing what the ref should have done.. Watch a replay and gone upstairs... but I did see him offside like a ref should have... whether he grounded it legally or not at the time the refs have the to make decesions but the correct deceision should be made ....as stated in the laws of rugby the ref has the right to go to the TMO if has not seen the grounding of the ball and if he wants to say he was happy with the grounding then it shows the ref was not in a position see the ball grounding and just called it ok and clearly made the wrong call .. well this time the ref made the wrong assumption and really made an ass of himself

Ecky
    I realise things happen very quickly in the game but Refs need to use the technology at hand to them and not just call it on the asumption it should be correct as this can change the result of a game ,,... EG the Perth Glory game

Last edited by Tonkar; 29-04-12 at 15:35.

vCash
    No Tonkar, I was not at the game. My personal situation lends itself to me only seeing the occasional match live at the venue. I am sorry that this somehow upsets you. PLease rest assured that I am still a member; I just don't have a seat allocation.

In what way am I the "armchair critic"? I am lucky enough to have Foxtel, so I can watch the rugby. I watch it from my armchair. I do not criticise during a game; I watch it to support my team. I will ALWAYS support my team.

While I will always support the , I have a fair understanding of how the game is refereed and why decisions are made (or sometimes not made). Certainly better than the Australian Foxtel commentators

Perhaps you will now respond to my question - the one about whether you thought it was a try when it first happened (regardless of the offsides issue)? I didn't ask if you saw the grounding, I merely asked if you thought Habana had scored a try...

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I'm in eee11, on the 22. I thought he dropped it before hitting the ground, ref was about hmmmm 30-40m away, AR about hmmm 30m as well.

Posted via Mobile Device
    Looks like they put all the wild animals in the same block... Moose, Bison... My seat is literally right in line with the 22...

My initial reaction was that he dropped it too. The ball seemed to pop up too early to have been grounded on or over the line.

PS. I have not watched any replays except on the 'big' screens at the game, one of which is at a bad angle from my seat, and the other partially obstructed by the 'shed'...!

PPS. On another topic, does the new seating redevelopment and eastern stand include new big screens?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think the heart of the issue is should the Ref have relied on assumption, when not in position, when the technology is available to confirm.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast