Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Matt Giteau Back to Brumbies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Has there been any official announcement from RUGBYWA regarding Gits leaving
    only the press conference yesterday...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's my pennies worth.....

MG deserves some flak. If he'd been straight with us then I wouldn't have had a problem but the way he has handled the situation from the start has been poor. In fact I would go as far to say that he's deceived us...us I mean the supporters.

From the no comment situation while he was away on tour, when it was fairly obvious there was a problem, to the "I'm 100% committed to the force for the rest of the season" statement and not looking into any deals, there has been lies and mistrueths.

I gave him the benifit of the doubt when he returned and said he was committed to the force but now he has lost all of my respect as a person. He's a great player but there is more to greatness than just being a good footballer.

Sure, he lost a lot of money due to the Firepower thing but sponsors tried thier best to make up for that. I can assure you that Graeme Ross of ET Mining lost a shitload more money than Gits did and you don't hear him crying about it. He even fronted up with more cash to try to sort it out.

As we have all seen before, where there is smoke there is generally fire and in this case I think with him leaving the air will clear a wee bit.

Nothing personal but sometimes some characters just don't fit into an organisation. It's all about the team and not him.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    Here's my pennies worth.....

MG deserves some flak. If he'd been straight with us then I wouldn't have had a problem but the way he has handled the situation from the start has been poor. In fact I would go as far to say that he's deceived us...us I mean the supporters.

From the no comment situation while he was away on tour, when it was fairly obvious there was a problem, to the "I'm 100% committed to the force for the rest of the season" statement and not looking into any deals, there has been lies and mistrueths.

I gave him the benifit of the doubt when he returned and said he was committed to the force but now he has lost all of my respect as a person. He's a great player but there is more to greatness than just being a good footballer.

Sure, he lost a lot of money due to the Firepower thing but sponsors tried thier best to make up for that. I can assure you that Graeme Ross of ET Mining lost a shitload more money than Gits did and you don't hear him crying about it. He even fronted up with more cash to try to sort it out.

As we have all seen before, where there is smoke there is generally fire and in this case I think with him leaving the air will clear a wee bit.

Nothing personal but sometimes some characters just don't fit into an organisation. It's all about the team and not him.
    Thanks E I am not that good with words but that is my thoughts exactly

vCash
    I'm still not sure how his actions have shown that he is not 100% committed to the Force. He's seeing out his contract as he has always claimed that he would. The offer he took wasn't tabled until a month ago. So the comments he made back in January were entirely honest.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I support the Emirates Western Force. It is a team playing in the Super14 Competition based in Perth, Western Australia. I support this team for a number of reasons. One of these reasons has not, nor has it ever been because of one player.

The Team wins or loses as a team.

Players may come and go and my support for the Western Force shall continue because one player is never bigger/better or more important than the team.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Couldn't agree more Ex. And as far as I'm concerned Matt Giteau is still a member of the Western Force therefore I support him

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Player
    vCash
    I think Mitchell will move O'Connor to 10 before the end of the season. He wouldn't get a berth in the centres at the Brumbies. I suppose he might unseat Gerrard at fullback (where Robbie Deans sees hime best suited) but I doubt it given Gerrard's standing with the club (and the fact that he's shite in any other position). O'Connor always played at 10 before he came to the Force, so he's at least as suited to the position as Giteau if not more so. Could be the carrot to keep him here. Also don't think there should be any problem keeping Valentine (who I thought played very well on Friday) as he'd be ways down the pecking order at any of the other clubs...

Player
    vCash
    Worth giving someone else the Vice-captaincy as well I should say

vCash
    Gits is gone

Thats a part of professional sport these days isn't it? Players come and go, but it doesn't stop the support of the team

When he was first signed I couldn't help but think it seemed a bit of a "quick fix", my first thought was how much money did we throw at him to get him to come out west. Obviously Gits made the decision that best suited Gits.

This whole saga probably could have been handled better, I am left with a bit of a sour taste regarding the whole will he see out his contract saga in late 2008 early 2009. Even if all the noises were comming from his manager, Gits would have had to had a word to him somewhere, we had to wait untill JO'N stated that he had to see out the initial contract.

Hopefully now this has all been put to bed he can concentrate on playing his best, I doubt he would be the type of bloke that will "shank his form". Why should we sack him now? He will remain in the plans for the rest of the year, why should we throw JO'C into 10 when the season is still well and truely alive?

Obviously if the season goes pear shaped then I wouldn't mind seeing some succession planning.

He could have done better to let his teammates know of his decision, why that was we will never know, I think it sucks to have to wake up on a Saturday morning and see it in the media instead of hearing from the bloke himself.

No point whinging about it now though is there.......

vCash
    agreed.
    we are all apprently force supporters here are we not?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyM View Post
    Worth giving someone else the Vice-captaincy as well I should say
    Give it to Pocock, he has youth on his side but already has alot of leadership experience

vCash
    This decision is very similar to those mungo/NRL players (and coaches) who announce mid-season of their intentions to move to another club next season. Even they are professional enough to keep giving their all to the club they are leaving during that season.

Giteau would, I imagine, want to remain a player. I would like to think that such players are picked on form. If he tanks while playing for the then his bigger picture is jeopardised.

I believe he will be the consummate professional and provide quality service to the for as long as he is picked.

vCash
    Looks like the force “COMMIT NOW ADS” worked on Gits...and he's committed to going home...

He clearly wanted the BRUMBIES TEAM and supporters to know he's returning in 2010 when his stands in front of them next Saturday night at Canberra Stadium….The BRUMBIES have a proud history and its wonderful to see that Matt Giteau wants to play a big part in the clubs future…

His early decision in week 2 will give others at the Force time to considered their commitment and for the Force to recruit well for 2010... So now it’s out in the open the Force and the BRUMBIES can get on with focusing on this Super 14 season.

There will be a standing ovation when he takes the field next Saturday by the BRUMBIES community...

The BRUMBIES will have a formidable team in 2010… Welcome back Matt Giteau…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    There will be a standing ovation when he takes the field next Saturday by the BRUMBIES community...

i look forward to seeing you there!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    i look forward to seeing you there!
    Solo... Unfortunately I wont be at the match as I'm in Sydney... I'll catch it not FOX... It will be a good match... last years match was good, Force come back win at home. Brumbies lost direction after a great first half... Some good head to head Wallaby match ups...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast