Thread: Graham sticks with winners

vCash

Graham sticks with winners

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...-with-winners/

Western Force coach Richard Graham is unlikely to make major changes to the side that scored an emphatic win over the Queensland Reds as he prepares for the Sonny Bill Williams show at nib Stadium on Friday.

All Blacks centre Williams and a buoyant Chiefs arrived in Perth as equal leaders in the New Zealand conference and only two points behind overall leaders the Stormers.

The only two probable changes to the Force run-on side that beat the Reds 45-19 will be the return from injury of marquee signing winger Napolioni Nalaga in place of Samu Wara, while fly-half Ben Seymour will keep the No.10 jumper.

Graham also looks set to retain centres Winston Stanley and Nick Cummins, who had a stand-out game and was only narrowly beaten to the man-of-the-match award by scrum-half Brett Sheehan, and full-back David Harvey despite Cameron Shepherd and Patrick Dellit coming back from injury.

Seymour, who replaced James Stannard 15 minutes into the game after he damaged his left ankle, went on to score his first Super Rugby five-pointer. He trained with the Waratahs last year but had spent only 74 minutes in Super Rugby before Saturday night, having come off the bench in the first clash against the Reds, the Hurricanes and Waratahs.

"I was a bit nervous and the game was very quick compared to what I'm used to but it was good to spend some time out there," Seymour said.

"It's a great shame to see someone like Chucky (Stannard) go down like that. I've experienced it, I know where it's coming from, but it gives someone like me an opportunity.

"We've done a lot of work in the pre-season running through combinations with Brett Sheehan at training, mixing things up, so I was quite comfortable."

Once Seymour was put in the clear by Sheehan after he had charged down a Dallan Murphy kick there was only one thing in Seymour's mind.
    "I only had eyes for the try line. I wasn't letting that go. It was good to get that first try," he said.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Shep to bench instead of Goodwin, goes to 15 if Harvey moves to 10 for tiring Seymour. Dellitt in for Sidey?

Personally I'd start Harvey to 10 with Seymour on the bench, and Shep to 15. I know he hasn't played much and is injury prone, but he is class, faster and bigger than Harvey who might be exposed for a lack of pace which will not be fair on him as he is playing out of position.

vCash
    No, I'm happy to see Harvey at 15 and Seymour at 10. Sure there might be defensive holes to plug up, but the significant take-away from the reds game was the two playmaker thing, for vast slabs of the game, Harvey and Chucky/Seymour stood either side of the ruck, creating a tension in the defense and some form of attacking option. We need the attack more than we need the defense.

Hopefully Ben has got the stupid kicking gene dealt with this week. His early kicking was good, and late in the second half it returned, but he lost the plot a bit immediately after halftime and it nearly cost us the match.

SBW needs to have Hodgeo in his face all night, beating him into a pulp every time he gets the ball, with Bam hovering nearby to cover the offload and pilfer whenever it's on. shut him down and the rest of the Chiefs backline will be manageable, with him on fire, we won't get within 40 of them.

For the record, I think we'll lose, they're fresh, they have a pretty full strength team and they're better than the reds are this year. They have a good enough pack to challenge our area of dominance and our backs will need help to contain theirs.

I'll be happy if we put in a good show this week and don't give up early!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Harvey did very well at 15!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Veteran
    vCash
    nein Gigs... nein...

vCash
    I will be there if I have to crawl all the way to NIB!
    C'ARN THE FORCE! Remember how you all felt after last week's game.....and BELIEVE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    nein Gigs... nein...
    You mustn't have seen my posts after the Reds game.

To explain, Brumbies, I chalked up as a win
    Hurricanes I thought we had a good chance
    Tahs I said we were boned
    Rebels I thought we were a sure thing
    Reds I posted all week how we were going to be handed our own asses

Keeping with the theme, we're going to lose to the Chiefs, tahs, sharks, Stormers, cheetahs, lions, bulls, highlanders, saders, he'll pretty much everybody.....of I have to lose my credibility for the team, I'm completely prepared to go there.

Now, none of you bastards better say anything about my credibility.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Sheps would be a good bench man... at least he wont get hurt there. Keep Harvey there I am unsure about this Fijian bloke... he hasnt done much for me ..... Bring back Cottrell I say. Put Browny on the bench and bring ben to number 8. Browny a good impact player. I am worried about Hodgsie that he wont make the season.... maybe sub him at the 60 minute with Cottrell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Bring back Cottrell I say. Put Browny on the bench and bring ben to number 8. Browny a good impact player. I am worried about Hodgsie that he wont make the season.... maybe sub him at the 60 minute with Cottrell
    can't do either of those things. Cotterell Is EPG and can therefore only be used as injury cover. I'm pretty sure he'll be offered a full contract next year, I wonder whether it'll be to replace a backrower who seeks greener pastures or whether somebody will be cut?

If it's the former, I'm worried it'll be Bam, if the latter, either Browny or Ben Mac

C'mon the