Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds Round 16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Gee whiz Alison you've been chewing out some people today! Everything ok?
    Some people have a knack of pushing my buttons; others seem to like poking the hornet's nest for kicks. They all get both barrels.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Some people have a knack of pushing my buttons; others seem to like poking the hornet's nest for kicks. They all get both barrels.
    Glad you set it straight, as I was going form a prose that included "mad woman" and "flinging shit"....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Gee whiz Alison you've been chewing out some people today! Everything ok?
    LOL! Don't mess with an upset Force woman-everyone stand clear!!

vCash
    They don't call me The Panther for nothing you know!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post

Glad you set it straight, as I was going form a prose that included "mad woman" and "flinging shit"....
    Well that would make a change from the Crazy Cat Lady I suppose!

You guys may be able to let things go through to the keeper but it's not in my nature to do that. If I think something deserves shit being flung at it, I do it. Sorry, but it's who I am.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Saturday, 30 May 2015

QUEENSLAND REDS DOWN WESTERN FORCE

The Western Force has been defeated by the Queensland Reds, 32-10, at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) tonight.

Fullback Dane Haylett-Petty crossed for the Force’s only try just before half-time to bring the scores to 17-10 at the break, however, two tries each to Reds flyhalf Quade Cooper and winger Lachlan Turner was enough to secure the win for the visitors.

The Force, wearing pink socks in support of the McGrath Foundation’s ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign, was beaten to the breakdown by the Queenslanders during the match, providing them with the momentum to run out 22-point victors.

Force lock Steve Mafi continued his strong season by making ground throughout the match – breaking the line on two occasions – and was again reliable in the air at the lineout and in general play to be named Haigh & Hastings Man of the Match.

The Force returns to the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) next Friday, 5 June to take on the ACT Brumbies.

Tickets to Western Force’s next home match against the ACT Brumbies on Friday, 5 June are now available! Visit www.ticketmaster.com.au.

WHAT THEY SAID… Michael Foley, Western Force Head Coach
    “We’re obviously disappointed. We were extremely keen to do well tonight to back up some of the good things we’ve done over the last couple of games, and I thought there were a couple of moments where we had the ball where we looked good but we just didn’t have the ball enough. Sixty-five per cent of possession went their way until the end of the game and that’s just not enough ball to play with.

“There were a couple of times where we had to exit out of our half and we didn’t do that well enough. Instead of kicking the ball out we kicked it in-field and that gave them the opportunity to bring the ball back at us. Our lineout wasn’t clean enough at times but overall where we got beaten was at the breakdown, and that’s a whole team thing – they were just a step faster than us. There were times when we had ball – whether it was a penalty or a turnover – where we just didn’t make enough with the ball we had, and giving them that much possession with those players means they’re going to be able to put a lot of pressure on you.”

2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Week 16
    Saturday, 30 May 2015 at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium), Perth Kick-off: 5:40pm Crowd: 9,259

Queensland Reds 32 (Lachlan Turner 2, Quade Cooper 2 tries; Quade Cooper 3/4 conversions, 2/2 penalty goals) defeated Western Force 10 (Dane Haylett-Petty try; Sias Ebersohn 1/1 conversion, 1/1 penalty goal)

Half time: Queensland Reds 17-10
    Yellow Cards: Nil
    Red Cards: Nil
    Referee: Matt O’Brien

WESTERN FORCE
    Western Force: 1. Pekahou Cowan, 2. Nathan Charles, 3. Tetera Faulkner, 4. Steve Mafi, 5. Adam Coleman, 6. Angus Cottrell, 7. Matt Hodgson (c), 8. Ben McCalman, 9. Ryan Louwrens, 10. Sias Ebersohn, 11. Nick Cummins, 12. Kyle Godwin, 13. Marcel Brache, 14. Luke Morahan, 15. Dane Haylett- Petty.

Reserves: 16. Heath Tessmann, 17. Chris Heiberg, 18. Guy Millar, 19. Sam Wykes, 20. Kane Koteka, 21. Alby Mathewson, 22. Luke Burton, 23. Patrick Dellit.

Head Coach: Michael Foley

QUEENSLAND REDS
    1.James Slipper (c), 2. James Hanson, 3. Greg Holmes, 4. Rob Simmons, 5. James Horwill, 6. Adam Thomson, 7. Liam Gill, 8. Jake Schatz, 9. Will Genia, 10. Quade Cooper, 11. Lachlan Turner, 12. Samu Kerevi, 13. Karmichael Hunt, 14. Chris Feaui-Sautia, 15. James O’Connor.

Reserves: 16. Andrew Ready, 17. Pettowa Paraka, 18. Sam Talakai, 19. Ed O’Donoghue, 20. Beau Robinson, 21. Nick Frisby, 22. Jake McIntrye, 23. Ben Tapuai.

Head Coach: Richard Graham

BY THE CLOCK
    Min Score
    11 The Queensland Reds concede a short-arm penalty at the scrum. Ben McCalman takes the quick tap, catching the Reds offside. Sias Ebersohn kicks the penalty. 3-0
    14 After pressuring the Force line, the Reds earn a penalty with the Force caught offside. Will Genia takes the quick tap with Samu Kerevi diving over in the corner. However, play is called back with James Slipper penalised for an illegal clean-out on Matt Hodgson. 3-0
    17 Following sustained pressure inside the Western Force 22m, Kerevi receives the ball out wide and offloads to Quade Cooper wrapping around to score in the corner. Cooper converts from the touchline. 3-7
    28 The Force concedes a scrum penalty. Cooper kicks the penalty goal from 40 metres out. 3-10
    35 The Reds win a scrum on the Force five-metre line and play two phases to the blindside with Lachlan Turner going over in the corner. Cooper converts. 3-17
    38 The Force play into the Reds’ quarter with a bust down the left-hand side from Nathan Charles and Nick Cummins. The home side earns a penalty five metres out, with Dane Haylett-Petty taking the quick tap and barging over the line taking three tacklers with him. TMO Ian Smith confirms the try. Ebersohn converts. 10-17
    HALF TIME 10-17
    47 Despite desperate defence from the Force line, the Reds exploit an overlap on the left side, swinging the ball from one wing to the other with Turner eventually diving over in the corner for his second try. Cooper misses the conversion. 10-22
    56 The Force is penalised for being offside. Cooper kicks the penalty. 10-25
    63 From a scrum in the Western Force 22m, Will Genia darts through and links up with Quade Cooper, who crosses his second of the evening. Cooper converts. 10-32
    FULL TIME 10-32

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Just a thought,

I think we've always played like shit wearing pink.

Ban pink

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Wow. Why not secede from the commonwealth while you are at it?

Speaking as a supporter of another team that has been mightily unimpressive these past two years, might I suggest that you will achieve more if you lose the conspiracy theories and chip on the shoulder and look at re-building through a campaign of agitation through your board and in the media.

The Reds members have been active in direct communications to the QRU and in the media. The message that Richard Graham is toxic, seems to be finally working.

Don't underestimate the power of grass roots discontent.
    And they seem to have gotten themselves somewhere. THe Reds of Saturday night weren't a patch on the Reds of the start of the season.

That being said. RG seems to have some awesome dirt on somebody in Aussie Rugby and I'd be concerned that John Connolly working some magic at this end of the season will only do enough for him to suggest that he is still worth keeping.

I have held the belief for the last couple of weeks that RG's continued tenure at QRU is more of a result of them not being able to afford to pay him out as well...perhaps Knuckles is on board for gratis as a loyal Redman!

All tinfoil I know, but worth the consideration!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post

LOL! Don't mess with an upset Force woman-everyone stand clear!!
    You will have to re-new your avatar Valzc... the one with the signature When he signed my car he said he was unbelievably honoured that you painted a picture of him. He was really blown away.. Well done to you.. Signing my car was a distant 2nd.. he remembered Sir Nathan signing my car .. he was there.. LOL!!

vCash
    Well "Petalz", at least I have a contribution to make. Whereas you, it seems, only crawl out of the woodwork to stir trouble and stick your nose into business that has nothing to do with you. Happy to hear your thoughts on the Force this season. Assuming you have any idea of course.
    I’ve been around for a while, but lost my old account, so I got a new one. I'm not the only one to have done that though am I "Perth Chika"?
    I don't post regularly due to other commitments and quite frankly there hasn't been a whole lot to support this year, so a supporters forum is a bit redundant when there isn't a lot of positives because they disintegrate into arguments. also, just thought I'd mention that given this is a public forum, whatever is posted on the public sections is everyone's business. Which you yourself take advantage of very frequently; so you're not really in a possie to ask anyone not to comment, nor speak to Tic the way you did.

But, you did ask for my thoughts. So...

Overall the force so far this year have been for the most part absolutely and totally underwhelming/under-performing/inept/a waste of everyone's precious weekend time/useless (pick your poison). Whether it's the Coaching team & ultimately Foley not being able to develop appropriate game plans. Or the team not being skilled enough to fulfil them. Given the fact the team seems unable to change or adapt unfortunately I am thinking it's something amiss with the coaching team - which is a real shame because I'm a big fan of Foles. I think he was royally screwed over at the tahs, and he has done wonders for our forward pack.
    To fix this we either need a very very good backs coach OR a new head coach, new back coach & a new forwards coach - this second scenario here is why Foley isn't going anywhere this year, because RWA can get one person in for the backs as opposed to potentially 2/3 new people at once and write off next year as well.

The team not being able to play without Hodgo also really pissed me off. Yes he's a machine, but he isn't the messiah. we still had a back row a lot of other teams would love to be able to front up with. it shouldn't have changed things that much.

Wykes is absolute baggage - and my offer to help him pack still stands.

The backs: For want of a decent flyhalf as per usual... the younger kids coming through will be the go though. They are FINALLY being invested in at the right time in the careers as opposed to being squashed into a mould that isn't quite right. we don’t need a Wilkinson or a Dan Carter (this is also possibly why we have such high expectations for our 10s as well, but can discuss this another time) we just need someone solid who can take control. A back line that can handle being tackled and also tackle like someone getting paid to play a professional contact sport would be handy as well. As would quick ball and cummo being allowed to come in off his wing more than once a game.

Ultimately there isn’t going to be a quick fix to this year’s issues. We were lucky last year and have been found out this year. But if we can get a decent game plan & a backs coach we’ll be able to at least make some progress next year. If not it can’t really get that much worse...

Rookie
    vCash
    BDG says Tom Fearn is at nedlands.
    Costs would be minimal as he lives here. He started at the force and would now have 10 years in professional ranks.
    Surely that is an investment in local products.
    We don't need fly in fly out scenarios!

vCash
    They don't call me The Panther for nothing you know!
    Actually Alison, I have been wondering what your avatar is..I thought for for a while that it was a cujo-esque black labrador

vCash
    Interesting thoughts "Petalz". Thank you for giving up your extremely valuable time to post them.

As you say, this is a public forum and I therefore have every right to post what I damn well please (within the bounds of public decency) and I will continue to do so, using my real name not some cowardly pseudonym like you. Mind you, "Petalz" is a good name to use if you want to be a bitch I guess.

Tic and his ilk consistently denigrate me and what I post and I will continue to give it to them with both barrels. They don't give a stuff about the Force and only seem to come on here when they smell some anti-Qld sentiment that they can feed off, and to needle me. That's why they should stick to their own playground.

And as for your 'big reveal', you'd have to be pretty clueless not to have already joined those dots.

Now, leave me alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Actually Alison, I have been wondering what your avatar is..I thought for for a while that it was a cujo-esque black labrador
    Hahaha! If only I had the personality of a labrador!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    As if--HaHa

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast