vCash

Get into Channel 9 to broadcast all the Wallabies tests LIVE

Get into the World World of Sports via their Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/wideworldofsports

Or call 9449 9999

They can put on a Rugby show as well!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    There is a lot of talk from melb way not much on there about Perth. I will down at the farm this weekend and not happy i have to wait till 11.25pm to watch the game. But i can watch "The Block" if i want to... what a joke!

vCash
    Unbelievable!!

A repeat of The Block and and an AFL chat show (A sport that in theory Channel 9 would not have a vested interest in because they do not hold the rights but we all know with Channel Eddie what really happens) are on before a LIVE telecast

I love my Foxtel but Rugby will not grow if it cannot be seen on FTA at decent time

vCash
    Ditto.

vCash
    some AFL plonker was crowing about how few FTA viewers watched State of Origin last week on 882...something like 72 000 in Perth . the problem really is a bit of a catch 22... everyone who watches both forms of rugby knows that foxtel is the way to go... so then its really only those who cant afford foxtel that would watch FTA... noone is going to watch FTA if they have a choice (adverts etc..)...

catch 22.

Player
    vCash
    Is it not on live in Perth on 9?? That s#&thouse! Pleased to see 9 are showing it live here in Victoria... Havent they fixed the anti-syphoning nonsense laws now? If so, why can't they at least put it on one of their other channels??

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Tommy, Would you like the bad news or the bad news first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Tommy, Would you like the bad news or the bad news first?
    Lol he doesn't know yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    some AFL plonker was crowing about how few FTA viewers watched State of Origin last week on 882...something like 72 000 in Perth . the problem really is a bit of a catch 22... everyone who watches both forms of rugby knows that foxtel is the way to go... so then its really only those who cant afford foxtel that would watch FTA... noone is going to watch FTA if they have a choice (adverts etc..)...
    Pretty much on the money. Channel 9 wil use it as an excuse to punt it back to 10:30 at night as well, although I read elsewhere that it rated more then that here in Perth

People who really want to see it watch it Live at a pub or in my case a mates place who went and got an Imparja box from the Mod Shop

Channel 9 are shithouse

vCash

catch 22.
    Erm, not in this case. Fox does not hold the rights. I'm pretty sure they both showed it at 8:30pm. So no excuses apart from the fact that a very large portion of the mungo population watch it live in pubs/clubs that have an illegal satellite system. Many more have invested about $400 (one off payment) to get it at home. They will also get the Sunday Footy Show (RL) @ 11:00, The Sunday Roast @ 12:00, Boots & All @ 13:15 followed by Wallabies V Samoa @ 13:45 then Manly V Newcastle @ 16: 00.

Might have to consider that option myself.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Whilst Fox do not actually hold the rights to State of Origin, Fox still shows the game at 8:30pm WST on delay as you mentioned. No ads other then at half time the lack of ads make it an attractive option.

Also it doesn not help when Channel 9 show it in erratic timeslots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Erm, not in this case. Fox does not hold the rights. I'm pretty sure they both showed it at 8:30pm. So no excuses apart from the fact that a very large portion of the mungo population watch it live in pubs/clubs that have an illegal satellite system. Many more have invested about $400 (one off payment) to get it at home. They will also get the Sunday Footy Show (RL) @ 11:00, The Sunday Roast @ 12:00, Boots & All @ 13:15 followed by Wallabies V Samoa @ 13:45 then Manly V Newcastle @ 16: 00.

Might have to consider that option myself.
    both broadcasts were delayed - correct, but my point is the 72 000 viewing stats were skewed as anyone who is a fan of NRL or Rugby in general knows that FTA are shithouse and had either gone to a pub or knew they could watch it free of ads on foxtel.
    The FTA channels know this and thats why its so hard to get them to show games live or near live... they just wont get the numbers.....

vCash
    my point is the 72 000 viewing stats were skewed as anyone who is a fan of NRL or Rugby in general knows that FTA are shithouse and had either gone to a pub or knew they could watch it free of ads on foxtel.
    Agreed. I often wonder how those viewing figures can be truly representative anyway. I have never had one of their gizmos connected and don't know of anyone who ever has.

Even if they did approach someone with a satellite system they would probably not agree to have it connected, seeing as how they are illegal. I find it very hard to believe that the scheduling of both codes on FTA is based solely on ratings anyway, given some of the absolute crap that gets preference - particularly on the new digital channels.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    According to Wide World of Sports on Facebook, they have been unable to talk the programming people into showing the game live in Victoria, WA and SA

vCash
    Channel Nine Schedule for WA on Sunday 17th July 12pm to 2pm:
    (http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/sun/afternoon/)
    --
    Channel Nine:

11am to 1pm - The Sunday Footy Show.
    1pm to 2pm - The Wildlife Man Featuring David Ireland (REPEAT).

Followed by

2pm to 4pm - Two repeat episodes of The Block.
    --
    Channel GEM:

10:30am to 12:30pm - The Valley of Gwangi (PREMIERE)
    12:30pm to 2:30pm - The Harvey Girls (REPEAT)
    --
    Channel GO:

12:04pm to 12:34pm - The City (NEW EP)
    12:34pm to 1:06pm - Eclipse Music TV (NEW EP)
    1:06pm to 1:37pm - Manly Surf (NEW EP)
    1:37pm to 2:08pm - Married.. with Children (REPEAT)
    --
    I know why GO is out, but why not Nine or GEM? Are all these shows more important than broadcasting an international sporting event be it live or slightly delayed? Fantastic program scheduling channel Nine.

Go The Force!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast