Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Members meet the players

Champion
    vCash

Members meet the players

Is there going to be an informal gathering of the members to meet the players or have I missed this.... whilst away?
    It maybe an opportunity to get new members along also esp. after the 18,000 last week there is interest out there.... EWF need to be more aggressive in their membership drive.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Its not really a membership drive, more of a thankyou to the fans and a chance for them to meet the players if they haven't already.

Champion
    vCash
    I agree Laura they better look after us diehards as the membership is dwindling quick, its ak to have these flash lunch's but who can afford these....

vCash
    probably the corporates who pay lots of money for them and lots of money for a box at the Rugby

vCash
    i think you'll find, BDAVEY, that it is a graet day and good interaction between fans and players and they are very grateful for our support as are we grateful for their success and their efforts

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Champion
    vCash
    I guess the players/members is a chance to put name to face have a quick chat fluff up their feathers etc, its all part of professional sport now, I hope the EWF dont take its members for granted, great for the kids too

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Meet the Players Day is at Cottesloe on Saturday, I'm sure there is a thread about it somewhere?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Wait till the move to MES that's when you can judge the team's memberships. I have no ill feeling to anyone who has dropped their membership. Each and every one of them would say it's to do with Subi oval and nothing to do with the force.

I refuse to give any more of my money to be 30 metres from the sidelines. I love the force and would back them even if they lost every game for the next ten years. What I don't love is that pathetice excuse for a rugby ground. Subi oval and anything to do with that shit game Gayfl and the Woeful should be buried in a big hole and concrete poured on top of it.

Anyone who says your not a force fan if your not a member is a W***** in my eyes. The amount of members who have not renewed their membership this year is a clear sign to the force administration that cleary the fans are not happy. They took it on board and bingo MES is the new home of rugby.

I was at a pie shop yesterday and one of the players walked past. I stopped and said g'day to him and had a good chat. I'd like to know how many corporate box w****** would even recognise the players let alone know much about them.

Give me a can of blue paint and I'll happily go and paint MES the force colours when I pick up my membership next year. Finally a ground that has nothing to do with that shit excuse of a code of football.

Rant over.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Nice rantage!!

Might want to take a breath now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Anyone who says your not a force fan if your not a member is a W***** in my eyes. The amount of members who have not renewed their membership this year is a clear sign to the force administration that cleary the fans are not happy. They took it on board and bingo MES is the new home of rugby.

I'd like to know how many corporate box w****** would even recognise the players let alone know much about them.
    Rant over.
    wether they are awnkers or not WRF, the corporates continue to pour money in to EWF, in these tough financial times, they do not descriminate about the force playing at subi or MES they just pay up, as for recognising the players or not im sure a large percentage of them do know who they are watching week in week out.....

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Indeed. With a couple of exceptions, the corporates I know are all hard bitten, died-in-the-wool fans. As one of them put it, Rugby isn't a game that particularly rewards the uninvolved so those being entertained tend to be fairly fanatical too.

vCash
    Wow no wonder I went and fell asleep on the couch after writing that.

I do realise that most smart, educated corporate types do like union as their choice of game. Probably because you need a brain to follow it and if they put their money into EWF then I shouldn't complain.

Hence the reason there are so many dumb afl fans out there. "Dah I like da footy, dey kick it, den dey run up and tickle the player who catches it den dey kick it again. Not like dat rugby game, too many rules in dat one".

As long as theres room at MES for regular hardworking 'genuine' rugby fans to get a seat each week I'll be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    wether they are awnkers or not WRF, the corporates continue to pour money in to EWF, in these tough financial times, they do not descriminate about the force playing at subi or MES they just pay up, as for recognising the players or not im sure a large percentage of them do know who they are watching week in week out.....
    Excellent point
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    The faces that make up the corporates may well be rugby fanatics.
    Rugby brings all walks of life together and the game itself is a great leveler.......the game played in heaven......the greatest team sport there is

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Hence the reason there are so many dumb afl fans out there. "Dah I like da footy, dey kick it, den dey run up and tickle the player who catches it den dey kick it again. Not like dat rugby game, too many rules in dat one".
    You've been to the Northcliffe pub too?
    I was at the Northcliff pub once. I bought the missus dinner with the pretense of watching the rugby. I got there early to request the channel. Australia was playing England. We had the usual 30 minutes of bullsh1t prior to kickoff and to my surprise nobody requested the channel be changed. I got through the anthems.......still couldn't believe my luck. Larkham was placing the ball for the kickoff and some wanker says to the barmaid it was "time for the footy". Slag changes the channel. I tell her I was watching the international between Australia and England. She says the "locals" want the footy.............3 six fingered c...ts. It was St Kilda V Carlton. I was ropeable. My missus dragged me out before our dinners even came. I was going to leave WA........that'll do me I thought

The next year the Force came. I became less twitchy, less homicidal towards sand gropers.

Thank Allah for the Force

Mitchell is the mesiah

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    To be fair to the barmaid in the Northcliffe pub those were probably her brothers and sisters as well as being her cousins. You can't let family down.

Why were you at the Northcliffe pub? Going down to Windy Harbour? Why were you going down to Windy Harbour?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast