Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force players off contract in 2008.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

Force players off contract in 2008.

I was just having a think about any of our players who will be coming off contract in 2008 and if anyone has any inside info into them. Sharpie seems to be staying which is awesome. Who else is coming off that we really, really want? Anyone have any inside info from unnamed sauces on them?

The main ones (as far as I know) are Cam Shepherd, David Pocock, Scott Daruda and Lachlan Mackay and I'm really hoping we keep all of them. I'm not too sure about props- I think Troy Takiari is off contract too but I think he'll stay because he'll get more game time here. Are AJ and Pek off in 2008?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Shepherd and Pocock would be the biggest risks to go elsewhere out of that lot. But I think we should be able to keep both. It seems that the new Wallabies coach is actually going to pick the best players and not just pick based on what state you play for. So neither would benefit by going east. In terms of other teams trying to get them, assuming Shepherd wants to stay at FB to maximise his Wallaby chances, Latham is gone from QLD though they do have Schifcoske, I think Turner would be better on wing at Warratahs, and Huxley might get moved to #10 if the Brumbies don't get better then week 1. So all three of those teams might be looking for a good FB next year.

Daruda and Mackay are still only bench players in my opinion. So not sure there would be enough interest in them from other teams. Unless a guaranteed starting spot opens up elsewhere I can't see them leaving the Force.

vCash
    Word around the blocks is that most of the team will sign up until the end of Coach Mitchell term.

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seldom View Post
    Word around the blocks is that most of the team will sign up until the end of Coach Mitchell term.
    Awesome

vCash
    Oh we do love input from "insiders"..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Oh we do love input from "insiders"..
    But don't SMH go on about how people want to leave the Force all the time? Are you saying thier 'insiders' are lying !?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    But don't SMH go on about how people want to leave the Force all the time? Are you saying thier 'insiders' are lying !?!?!
    Not at all... just sometimes those Fountain bottles are so damned hard to understand

vCash
    It is time to consider permitting up to 3, maybe 5, foreign players per S14 squad of 30, to increase the viewership ratings in Europe.

We need cross pollination and international viewers for our sides to pull in mores sponsors who will follow the viewer ratings.

Time O'Neill at ARU started walking the walk, instead of bluster and sabre rattling.

vCash
    We should try the Indian Cricket Style, using Intl players. Maybe even creating a world format this way.

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    World league is a great idea....I would support an Aussie team in such a comp......But S14 should be strictly controlled in the Australian setting. I don't like the idea of having Dan Carter play for the Force even if it does move Gits to his best position....It's just wrong!

C'mon the

vCash
    There is no room for any other players here. Every Australian team is very high standard and we would not be gaining much from having one or two slightly better players from another country. It might bring crowds for about 2 games but then it will be back to normal and nobody will care.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Now I see where the name Seldom comes from. Because Seldom do you disappoint. If true would be very Borat style- very nice.

I agree with GIGST about Dan Carter. He's a monkey sucking up to Johnny Wilkinson and saying how great Wilko is. Have some self-respect boy. Plus why would we care Carter anyway he might win a few games but it wouldn't feel like we'd won and then we'd just have to go and hate him again when the Tri-Nations come about.

vCash
    why the hell go for players outside of Australia do we tell our own young and upcoming talent that the highest you would ever achieve is to play first for a team like Wannerroo. Come on give them something to aspire to, instead of going back to the pre 14s days.
    Dont fix which aint broke.and Europe have enough Rugby to keep them going any way.
    GIVE US A BREAK

vCash
    Bringing internationals into the Super14 will dilute the opportunities for up and coming players to play at the highest level other than tests. When the world cup comes around and the wallabies have some key injuries, then you are exposing players to the biggest stage who have not experienced the speed of the highest level.

Numerous other sports have tried this with varying success. This is more prudent now, since the ARC has been scrapped.

Television rights are going to be a big issue when the current deal is up, but really, are european supporters going to be interested in the Super14 if there are a couple of internationals playing in it, when it clashes with the major european club competitions. Maybe, in the lead up to the winter test calendar for SANZAR and world cup years there could be a spike in viewers but I think thats all it would be.

vCash
    last post sounds a little like the one before but sounds better coming from a Prop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast