Thread: Henjak unfazed by 'Christmas' threat

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Henjak unfazed by 'Christmas' threat

AUSTRALIAN halfback Matt Henjak says he and his fellow high-profile Toulon imports cannot worry themselves about the prospect of the club's volatile millionaire president Mourad Boudjellal deciding to cut his losses and send them to their respective homes.

Boudjellal recently admitted he had regrets about the club's recruitment and was quoted as saying: "Father Christmas is going to buy train and airline tickets for some players."

Despite adding the likes of Henjak, rugby league recruits Sonny Bill Williams and Luke Rooney, All Black Jerry Collins and South African Joe van Niekerk, Toulon have struggled and are equal third-last on the Top 14 ladder with just three wins from 13 matches.

"We see Mourad around, maybe once or twice a week he's in at the club watching training," Henjak told 2KY yesterday.

"One thing you can say about Mourad [is] he definitely wants the best for Toulon rugby. He might come out in the press and seem like he doesn't, but the one thing that he does have is a lot of passion for Toulon rugby, and he wants Toulon rugby up in the top echelon of Top 14 … he's trying to get the best out of his players.

"I'm not really sure if he's going to send anyone home or anything like that. Maybe if we don't start winning, he might do that, but I've got full confidence that he just wants his players to play a little bit better, and I'm all for it. He's put a lot of money into the side, and he can come out and say that if he wants. We're not worried about it, we're just worried about playing rugby and doing the best we can.

"We've been really unlucky with injuries, but you don't want to blame injuries. There was many new players into the squad from last year, and it's taking that little bit longer to click as a team."

Toulon meet Clermont this weekend after the two-week Christmas break. Henjak said Williams was likely to be in the starting line-up for what would be only his third game back after suffering a hairline fracture to his leg in August. "I'm really looking forward to watching him run around and play with him," Henjak said.

And what Image would they use??

This one of course?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Looks goog to me

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hopefully see that again one day, without the war wounds...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.