Thread: THREE CHANGES TO STARTING XV TO TAKE ON THE NSW WARATAHS

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Late Swinton hit or not! Fed up of excuses

Yes we’re isolated

Yes we were unfairly booted

You can employ the best coaches but….. Yes were still shit!

What’s the fucking answer here????
    This year for whatever reason we are inconsistently inconsistent.

In all likelihood next week at home we win by 18. But - what would I know? I am just the apprentice bookie with 38 million vCash debt owing to the house. That, if I don't fix soon. Darren will have me "swimming with tha fishes.

I do know this - whatever this problem is - it won't get fixed overnight. I'm not going to offer excuses or speculate on what problems. Enough of that gets done around here.

I do know this.

We have quite possibly some of the best players that have ever put on the Western Force Jersey. We finally have for real game-changers and try scorers.

I believe that soon Simon Cron will have them firing and we will be winning games. BUT - I can't predict the future and when this will happen.

Patience my friends.

We need to continue to show the team our love and support.

It will be repaid to us, eventually.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Sadly for us another dissapointing outcome.

In the face of a growing injury list to key players in a squad lacking depth, the boys tasked with playing are putting in an exceptional effort and doing their best under difficult circumstances and need our continued support.

At the start of the season with the worrying injuries to Rodda and Faingaa, as well as the lack of big bodied physical players and players of International standard rather than Super standard it was always going to be an uphill battle this season.

Having a look at the match stats in the calm light of day, it is not all doom and gloom.

The team v team stats were very similar.

We fell down in the some areas:

* Number of clean breaks
    * Conceded more turnovers
    * Rucks won

We were better in others:

* Passes
    * Line outs won

Medrano close to MOM again, Anstee again in the mix together with Manasa Maetele but I think due to some exceptional thought and skill Zack Kiribridge may just shade it, but any of them could have claimed it.

Individual Stats:

Medrana 11 tackles 1 missed, 6 metres gained 10 carries 1 defender beaten
    Anstee 11 tackles 1 missed 31 metres gained 8 carries
    Mataele 74 Metres 11 carries 2 defenders beaten 1 clean break
    Tiatia 69 metres carried 13 carries 5 defenders beaten 1 offload
    Pugh 17 tackles 1 missed
    Williams 21 metres 7 carries, 7 tackles 7 line outs won
    Norris 16 metres 6 carries 14 tackles 1 missed 2 turnovers won

Honourable mentions
    Horton 68 minutes played, 10 turnovers won, 9 tackles 1 missed 14 metres gained 3 carries.
    Kalapu 31 minutes played 18 metres gained, 7 carries, 2 turnovers won

Also the late Simpson withdrawal in the warm up and the callous hit by Swinton on Strachan in the first minutes that the TMO somehow did not see, yet managed to see the push by Kiribridge to reverse a penalty later on did not help.

Lets keep the faith there is no lack of effort on the boys part and lets be there on Saturday night to show our unwaivering support.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Well said. My NRL team is in the same situation or worse actually. And lost another 2 or 3 on the weekend. No lack of effort there either. The difference is that the management have detailed all the injuries and given estimates of likely return times. Gives members some hope - and more importantly kees people on board.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Sadly for us another dissapointing outcome.

In the face of a growing injury list to key players in a squad lacking depth, the boys tasked with playing are putting in an exceptional effort and doing their best under difficu........................
    nope....

sorry. they continued to play, sure. but their penalty count at the start was insane, you cannot win with that many consecutive penalties. They did not play well, and their first try was a piece of (two pieces) of individual brilliance.

They never threatened, they didn't build any real pressure. Not to mention that cron came out and said it was there worst performance so far.

Whilst we are playing stats, i am trying to find some possession and territory stats, I heard at time we had 30% ball and time in opp half.

and for me, the biggest stat of all:
    Name:  2023-04-17 13_19_21-NSW Waratahs vs Western Force _ Super Rugby Pacific _ Latest Rugby Fixtures .png
Views: 355
Size:  28.0 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I’ve gotta give it to you Tazz I reckon you could find a rosé petal in a field of shit!
    No offence intended!

vCash
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-04-17 140439.png
Views: 348
Size:  27.0 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Veteran
    vCash
    where are you getting the stats from?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    I’ve gotta give it to you Tazz I reckon you could find a rosé petal in a field of shit!
    No offence intended!
    No I am just a realist:

" ... a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly."

I am just grateful that I still have a team to support and go and and watch and cheer on. I am a Western Force rugby tragic and foundation member that has probably missed no more than four home games including friendlies over a seventeen year period. Sadly, due the nature of the rugby landscape in Australia we are disadvantaged in many ways and probably always will be. I have and will always appreciate the players that put their bodies on the line for my entertainment. None of the players, coaches and support staff give anything less than their best the majority of the time, yes, we all have bad days at the office and do not operate at full capacity. Hopefully for the players they are few and far between, and they do not need to be critised constantly, I am sure they are all their own harshest critics.

A lot of work the players do is not seen or observed at first glance and thats why its important to also look at stats to see who is doing what.

I try and watch and support the Super W as well as they are part of MY (OUR) Western Force, and talking about that, how good was yeterday afternoon in the sun at McGillvray oval with a very decent crowd to watch the ladies get one over last years winners Fiji. Great afternoon.

I will continue to be a bottle half full, realistic, supporter and promoter of the Western Force, so if you want you can hide my posts or you can read them and take from them what you will.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    don't take the criticism of the team to mean that we dont support them. and stats are good and all, but ultimately they did not play well.

I read at the start of this thread that we were 7 penalties to 1 by the end of the 20 minute mark. That is a stat worth reporting. stats don't tell you that the tackles were not dominant. they dont tell you that a person was out of position in defense and left a big hole open (a couple were next to the rucks!)

They also don't tell you that we did not play a patient game, that allowed for us to build pressure on them. this isn't like Moneyball (baseball) where you can get half an idea on how a team will go by looking at their stats.

Unfortunately they did not play well THIS GAME. and it was not even that much of a better opposition.

That said! Please keep up with the stats! I do like reading them, and your posts wont be hidden, because you're not a knob like the others that get blocked and you have constructive and interesting points of view.

(BTW where are you finding your stats?)

Veteran
    vCash
    Did they review the last try? bit hard for me to tell from this frame... but definitely should have been looked at:

Name:  2023-04-17 14_55_53-Waratahs snap four-game Super Rugby Pacific losing run - Super Rugby — Mozil.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  70.3 KB

vCash
    Unlikley just like the Swinton no arms hit on Strachan, despite Staughn being flattened on the turf

Swinton no arms hit on Straughn

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah. it could have been a straight, no replace, red. late, no arms, shoulder to the head.... that would have changed the game!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    No I am just a realist:

" ... a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly."

I am just grateful that I still have a team to support and go and and watch and cheer on. I am a Western Force rugby tragic and foundation member that has probably missed no more than four home games including friendlies over a seventeen year period. Sadly, due the nature of the rugby landscape in Australia we are disadvantaged in many ways and probably always will be. I have and will always appreciate the players that put their bodies on the line for my entertainment. None of the players, coaches and support staff give anything less than their best the majority of the time, yes, we all have bad days at the office and do not operate at full capacity. Hopefully for the players they are few and far between, and they do not need to be critised constantly, I am sure they are all their own harshest critics.

A lot of work the players do is not seen or observed at first glance and thats why its important to also look at stats to see who is doing what.

I try and watch and support the Super W as well as they are part of MY (OUR) Western Force, and talking about that, how good was yeterday afternoon in the sun at McGillvray oval with a very decent crowd to watch the ladies get one over last years winners Fiji. Great afternoon.

I will continue to be a bottle half full, realistic, supporter and promoter of the Western Force, so if you want you can hide my posts or you can read them and take from them what you will.
    Settle down mate I understand where you’re coming from and all that jazz. I like yourself and many others was a foundation member and totally understand the history of the Force. BUT when you’re in a professional entertainment business like these lads are then yes you are open to criticism if you play like busted asses. I’m not gonna sugarcoat if the boys have a farken Barry. As for the last 2 games I reckon to a bloody big extent that the boys have been on the end of some absolute rubbish refereeing which no one and I mean no one can recover from when you get penalised that harshly.
    You’re correct there is nothing wrong with eternal optimism. But at the same token it’d be a boring old world if we all agreed on the same thing.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its a little sad when we have to justify to each other who has been a member longer, and who has watched more games.

We are all Force fans here.

Well, except for GIGS who has been threatening to quit for the last 3 seasons. And Snob who has decided he just can't take it anymore. I think Jargs may have had enough too - I swear he is just here for shits and giggles.

We are all Force Fans here. Yes, for some of us, the well is drying up. I get that. Everyones Supporter experience is different. How you express your support is different. Let's just not attack each other - we are generally friends here. Our numbers are shrinking. I would hate to lose any of you.

Take care my brothers/sisters.

I love youse all.
    (nothing suss)

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Well, except for GIGS who has been threatening to quit for the last 3 seasons.
    OiI start EVERY season with mindless optimism. It's just that it tends to disappear as quickly as our chances of making finals

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast