Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GODWIN, FAULKNER CALLED UP TO WALLABIES SQUAD

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

GODWIN, FAULKNER CALLED UP TO WALLABIES SQUAD

The Western Force’s Kyle Godwin and Tetera Faulkner, along with Matt Hodgson, have been included in the Wallabies 32-man squad for the upcoming Test against New Zealand at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday, 18 October.

Inside centre Godwin and tighthead prop Faulkner, who both trained with the Wallabies during their Perth leg of the Rugby Championship, are two of four uncapped members of the squad alongside Tom English and Henry Speight.

Qantas Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie will finalise his 23-man match day squad next Tuesday and said the exposure the debutants have had to the Wallabies program this year is invaluable as they continue their transition into the group.

Faulkner said he was humbled by the opportunity and was looking forward to working with the Australian squad.

“I’m very excited to be joining the squad and gaining as much as I can working with such an experienced front row,” he said.

“It’s an opportunity that doesn’t come along all that often so I’ll be taking it with both hands and making the most of it.”

Godwin was selected in the squad prior to the Wallabies match against South Africa in Perth and is relishing the opportunity to chase his first international cap.

“I was really happy to have been selected in the squad back in August and now that I’ve had some more game time under my belt with the Perth Spirit, I am grateful to have that opportunity again to work hard and push for selection,” Godwin said.

Force back-rower, Ben McCalman, is unavailable for selection following a shoulder injury he sustained against South Africa a fortnight ago.

Players who have not been considered for selection due to injury include, but is not limited to, hookers Stephen Moore (knee), Tatafu Polota-Nau (ankle), Nathan Charles (pectoral), Tolu Latu (arm) and Heath Tessman (ankle); prop Scott Sio (ankle); backrowers Wycliff Palu (head), David Pocock (knee); Ben McCalman (shoulder) and Dave Dennis (knee); centre Matt Toomua (head) and outside backs Peter Betham (ankle); and Chris Feauai-Sautia (shoulder).

Fans are invited to attend an open training session in Brisbane on Monday 13 October from 3:30pm at Ballymore (231 Butterfield Street, Herston). Following training, fans have the chance to receive autographs and photos with their favourite players.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Godwin AND Faulkner?! I'm about to pass out!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    With no Toomua or Beale and Lilo being ordinary all year Godwin is a great chance to get a starting spot. I think they will take the conservative option with the Bledisloe Cup and go with Lilo but hopefully Kyle will get his chance against the Barbarians. Quade will be a good option coming off the bench next week if they go with the 5/3 split.

vCash
    Full Squad:

Ben Alexander, Tetera Faulkner, Sekope Kepu, Benn Robinson, James Slipper, Saia Fainga'a, James Hanson, Josh Mann-Rea, Sam Carter, James Horwill, Rob Simmons, Will Skelton, Scott Fardy, Scott Higginbotham, Matt Hodgson, Michael Hooper (c), Luke Jones, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Nick Phipps, Nic White, Quade Cooper, Bernard Foley, Kyle Godwin, Tevita Kuridrani, Christian Leali'ifano, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Tom English, Israel Folau, Rob Horne, Henry Speight, Joe Tomane.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/au...#ixzz3FiFeqbLT

vCash
    It's a plot to weaken the Spirit!!!

Mind you, seeing as we've lost the Bledesloe, I'm all in favour of picking a few 'fringe' players as they can't possibly play as badly as the shite which was served up in Argentina. Try something new, Link; experiment with selections and combinations. Pick Pek, Tet, Hodgo, Kyle and maybe even Mozza and Wykes

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Tet in for Pek? Is Pek on the injured list too?

vCash
    Has sanity finally prevailed at Wobblies? Sounds like Linqs been getting a severe talking to by those who must be obeyed. Hopefully to get things back on track now that the toxic influence is out at last. Just hope Kyle & Tet don't get dragged into any more ongoing crap in that team. In a way I'm glad Hodgo wasn't involved in the Pumas game as he's avoided all the fallout. Unfortunately the Spirit will now take a knock just when they were hitting their stride. BTW is Junior back healthy?

vCash
    Sanity and Wobbles In same breath! Scary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Godwin AND Faulkner?! I'm about to pass out!

That's brilliant!

vCash
    Bloody Robinson is STILL in the squad FFS - have yet to see him do anything more than wander around at the breakdown and touches someone's back with his fingertips as support, or standing fiddling with his feckin cap. My Mum always laughs that he's the only player who comes off the field with a clean jersey LOL! Why has Pek been left out, the scrum was atrocious against the Pumas without him?

vCash
    Just seen this morning's presser with Link.

One of the journos asked if he has been involved in an "intimate affair" with Di Paxton!!!!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post

One of the journos asked if he has been involved in an "intimate affair" with Di Paxton!!!!
    This bunch of no hopers don't deserve the fans they have!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post

What was his reply? If so his perhaps he should be dragged into a disciplinary review.

I highly optimistic on kyles chances of playing. Good on tet upwards and onwards.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    What was his reply? If so his perhaps he should be dragged into a disciplinary review.
    http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/aust...10-11491u.html

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Well that leaves a better taste then if he had made no comment.

However link still has a case to answer otherwise he wouldn't be saying his job is at risk and gee what the fuck is/was hooper doing during all this.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast