Thread: Wallabies don't fear Subi hoodoo

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Wallabies don't fear Subi hoodoo

The Wallabies' Western Force contingent have dismissed any talk of a Subiaco hoodoo haunting their Tri-Nations clash with South Africa on Saturday, despite poor records for Australia and the Super 14 side at the Perth ground.

The Wallabies have won just one from four against the Springboks at the ground, which has also hardly been a fortress for the Force with the Perth-based Super 14 franchise managing just seven wins in three years there.

Four Force stars will line up on their home ground for the Wallabies on Saturday - five-eighth Matt Giteau, lock Nathan Sharpe and reserve backs Ryan Cross and Drew Mitchell.

“We're not really aware of that and it certainly doesn't come into our preparation so we're going out there to do what we have to, and for us that's to come away with a win,” Mitchell said today.
    “It's going to be familiar. Obviously playing here the last couple of years with the Force I get to know the surroundings and the biggest thing (is) I guess we feel comfortable out there.”

rest of the West article here.........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    they do..dont worry!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Drew was on the radio this afternoon, said we were the best crowd to play infront of and that nothing is gonna faze him or the team

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    aww missed it

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    As if they are going to worry about that, its a minor detail heading into a test match against South Africa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    As if they are going to worry about that, its a minor detail heading into a test match against South Africa.
    They are probably more concerned about the fact I am about to get on a plane to Perth. As mentioned in another thread, watching the wallabies at subi has been more rewarding than watching the force, in my experience.

vCash
    Looking forward to seeing your stats improve again tomorrow Ox.

Subi hoodoo? No way- there's going to be a packed stadium, and I don't care what some people like to think about Perth, most of them will be in Gold! The have far and away the most passionate, parochial crowd in Australia and they're going to be the ones bringing the Wallabies home tomorrow.

WOOOOOO I'm excited- can work be over for the day yet????

vCash
    Did anyone watch the run down of the last Saffa v Aussie games at Subi on Inside rugby? I clearly saw quite a bit of gold in that crowd, they didn't mention that now did they.

vCash
    did anyone hear schalks comment bout perth?
    its in my signature!

BOKKE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    did anyone hear schalks comment bout perth?
    its in my signature!
    What an insult!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    Drew was on the radio this afternoon, said we were the best crowd to play infront of and that nothing is gonna faze him or the team
    “The crowd's a big factor and it's something that we can really thrive off and they're such a fanatical crowd that give the home team so much,” he said.

NAWWW he loves ussss

damm right they shouldnt be afraid of subi! they have the best crowd in all of australia, who will be screaming their lungs out for a full 80 minutes!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    no way!
    its not an insult!

BOKKE