Thread: Who else picked up a parking infrigement fine last night? :-(

Apprentice
    vCash

Who else picked up a parking infrigement fine last night? :-(

Mine was $85. "Fail to display valid permit".

I've never *deliberately* parked illegally in my life. Last night was one of those times when I read the sign and failed to interpret it correctly. The sign was the normal one about not parking between 8am and 6pm Mon-Fri (or Saturday, not sure). When I parked up it was 7.30pm, so no problem there. Immediately below that sign was a different yellow sign warning about permit parking. I incorrectly assumed (heat of the moment, excitement about the game, etc.) that the permit parking only applied between the 8am and 6pm time list above, and this is how my Dad and a mate read it to.

$85 is the sort of amount where, in my time of life, do I really have the energy to return to the scene of the crime, photograph the sign that we failed to interpret correctly, and send a letter to the council pointing out our innocent mistake (and suggesting that maybe they make their signs a little clearer for pre-match excited rugby fans)? Answer: no, dammit!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I seem to remember the same happening at a trial match there a couple of years ago.

Think of it as a donation to the $75m the Town of Vincent are putting to a PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM!!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep, a glass half full kind of guy, Gerry.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just call me Cadbury, glass and a half,

vCash
    I caught the Bus the "Big Purple Bendy Party Bus" at that, so thats the only ticket I got

vCash
    Yea we were about to do the same thing, but a person who lived on the street was just coming home with his slab of beer and told us that they fine anyone without a permit, but that they generally only come around once a nite (between 6:30 and 8pm)....so we decided to play it safe and go park somewhere else.

Guess it was a good idea in the end!

vCash
    I got fine the same way at a Subi tets match a long time ago.

The second sign said you were allowed to park their after hours "except on match days"

As you did I read the first sign then dashed off for some liquid refreshsment beofre the game

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post

I've never *deliberately* parked illegally in my life. Last night was one of those times when I read the sign and failed to interpret it correctly. The sign was the normal one about not parking between 8am and 6pm Mon-Fri (or Saturday, not sure). When I parked up it was 7.30pm, so no problem there. Immediately below that sign was a different yellow sign warning about permit parking. I incorrectly assumed (heat of the moment, excitement about the game, etc.) that the permit parking only applied between the 8am and 6pm time list above, and this is how my Dad and a mate read it to.

$85 is the sort of amount where, in my time of life, do I really have the energy to return to the scene of the crime, photograph the sign that we failed to interpret correctly, and send a letter to the council pointing out our innocent mistake (and suggesting that maybe they make their signs a little clearer for pre-match excited rugby fans)? Answer: no, dammit!
    Sucks doesn't it. I got a $75 (inflation) one in 2003 going to the Georgia v Samoa test at Subi. I wasn't even that close to the oval and still got done. Georgia v Samoa?! I don't know if the 7 other people in the stadium got tickets or not.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Write them a letter anyway, you've got nothing to lose.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I seem to remember the same happening at a trial match there a couple of years ago.

Think of it as a donation to the $75m the Town of Vincent are putting to a PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM!!

I like the way you're thinking, and feeling a little better already. Thanks!

vCash
    Here's looking forward to you getting many more fines like that Spacemen....like 6.5 a season for the rest of your lifee.

(OK it doesn't sound like much fun, but I reckon I'd consider paying that much for parking if the played at a PROPER RECTANGULAR STADIUM.

C'mon the

vCash
    I copped a fine a few years ago parking near MES for a Glory game, same deal, read the sign saw the times of day. However I didn't see the yellow sign above it with Excepted Dates which were no parking without a Residential Pass. Like buggery i was going to pay it becasue a tree had overgrown and one of the branches was covering the sign Got off it after going down and taking photos of the tree in question. the next week the first thing I noticed was that all the trees near the signs had been trimmed

Now I know all the free places to park around MES

Without really paying attention to the parking around the ground on Friday I bet those Town of Vincent Rangers had a field day