Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: wallabies jumpers from last night

vCash

wallabies jumpers from last night

well i have FINALLY figured out how to start a thread and i was wondering if anyone else felt that there were a few wallaby position grabbed by some force boys last night. gerrad had a shocker and cam had a blinder, but what about pocock and smith? any other ones i missed???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by robyn <3; 17-05-08 at 14:01. Reason: i can't spell

Champion
    vCash
    James O'Connor showed Mortlock a clean set of heels.... good to see JOC get a bench spot, just to get to know the speed and the step up to international level, he may not get a start this year but i'm guessing it wont be too far away ... good luck to JOC.

vCash
    i thought browny may have moved himself up the pecking order by having a better game than hoiles. especially in defence and at the breakdowns. in fact brownys had a better season than hoiles
    i also think mcisaac has had a great season, only problem is age may be against him
    sheps would not have done his chances any harm with the way he held the outside back together and reorganised the wide defence after the shocking start

while im a huge pocock fan, i still think george smith is the best openside in world rugby

vCash
    JOC had a GREAT game... wallabies might be a bit much for a guy with 4 s14 caps, but he has so much skill... i WISH crossy could have played against mortlock though! i thought pocock was better than smith last night

vCash
    Dave is by far my favourite player in the force. But i still think George Smith is higher in the pecking order for the 7 jersey. Smith brings with him experience and leadership, and his general play and thinking is just classy. The try that he set up yesterday for Mark Gerrard just showed his thinking during the game.

Other than that, I think Sheps will get the 15 jersey over Gerrard, who had a good first 20 mins, but died down after that. Sheps with his strong running, defense and kicking abilities is my top choice for the 15 jersey this year.

Rabbit has put his hand up for the 12 jumper, but i reckon he'll have a go at Aus A first and see how he goes from there.

I didnt really think Brown was at his best, but even then he was still very very damaging. Palu though will have the 8 jersey, so we might see Brown get a call up to Aus A or even possibly the larger training squad, but i doubt any further than that.

Gits at 10, pure class, try=thanks for coming, Mortlock. need i say more?!

vCash
    On JOC - Gitts played Wallabies before Super 12/14's...

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    OMG... i want him to play, but he doesnt have the experiance. but he's really proved himself... super 14 is designed to help guys get to international level, and james has done so well... i hope he gets a test cap... at SEVENTEEN! that wud have to be a record breaker!

vCash
    mortlock- centre, he has been out most of the season but last night proved he is the best centre.

giteau- he just made sure he was the number one 10 and 12 last night. when JOC went to first reciver giteau created most of the trys.

Sheps vs Gerrad was to close to call.

Sharpe was the only other one that made an impact on wallabies jumpers.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    Dave is by far my favourite player in the force. But i still think George Smith is higher in the pecking order for the 7 jersey. Smith brings with him experience and leadership, and his general play and thinking is just classy. The try that he set up yesterday for Mark Gerrard just showed his thinking during the game.
    Yeah George Smith if definitely the number 1 pick for 7 but then Browny needs to fit in at 6 to bring some aggression to the pack.

I don't know about that pass for MG's try though GTF. I'd have called it forward.
    Check it out:
    YouTube - Gerrard Try Force v Brumbies Super 14 Rugby 16/05/08

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    i also think mcisaac has had a great season, only problem is age may be against him
    Robbie Deans asked Brad Thorn back to the 'Saders from the Mungos at 33 and asked him not to put on the extra kilos for Rugby because he thought his speed would suit the ELV's. Now he looks like getting another All Black contract. Deans' comment? "If you're good enough, you're young enough."

Speaking of which, wouldn't be ironic if someone considered too young for U20's Rugby suddenly found himself in the Wallaby squad.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Speaking of which, wouldn't be ironic if someone considered too young for U20's Rugby suddenly found himself in the Wallaby squad.
    It'd be a laugh even if he made Aus A (I think the NSW/QLD press will have that covered though! Need to keep the Quade and Kurtley show on)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yeah George Smith if definitely the number 1 pick for 7 but then Browny needs to fit in at 6 to bring some aggression to the pack.

I don't know about that pass for MG's try though GTF. I'd have called it forward.
    Check it out:
    YouTube - Gerrard Try Force v Brumbies Super 14 Rugby 16/05/08
    I think Brown would be great at 6, since Rocky is gone to Europe.

Regarding the try, it definitely did look forward on tv. But the idea was there with George Smith, to skip it past Mortlock and to Gerrard. Thats something that only experience can give you. I would give Pocock a year or so to learn from Smith, and then upgrade him to the starting spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Robbie Deans asked Brad Thorn back to the 'Saders from the Mungos at 33 and asked him not to put on the extra kilos for Rugby because he thought his speed would suit the ELV's. Now he looks like getting another All Black contract. Deans' comment? "If you're good enough, you're young enough."

brad thorns 33? i thought he was late 20s, bout 29 or 30 but yeah if thats aussie robbies policy then anyone's a chance. i still got my money on aussie robbie going for a blend of experience and youth to start building his world cup squad
    as for o'connor hes exciting i agree but hes not international standard yet. give him two years to fill out and develop the finer points of his game

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    I think Brown would be great at 6, since Rocky is gone to Europe.

Regarding the try, it definitely did look forward on tv. But the idea was there with George Smith, to skip it past Mortlock and to Gerrard. Thats something that only experience can give you. I would give Pocock a year or so to learn from Smith, and then upgrade him to the starting spot.
    Of course. I didn't meant to be pendantic I just wanted an excuse to whinge about the forward pass. Haha.

Word I hear is that O'Connor is a dead cert to get a run with Australia A. Since the Junior World Cup and the Pacific Nations Cup overlap a bit in June it'll probably be a case of players like Toomua and O'Connor who are too young for the JWC getting a run with the bigger boys.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    what about Pec in the extended squad ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast