Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes vs Force 2nd April Palmerston North

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Contrary to popular belief - especially on certain Facebook pages. Kicking has a very important place in Rugby.
    Kicking is a very important skill in Rugby.

The Force kicking game is a shit show.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Kicking is a very important skill in Rugby.

The Force kicking game is a shit show.
    Jargs you're a smart guy. I like to think I am smart too.

The Western Force is based in Perth, arguably one of the country's best producers of AFL talent. So, why hasn't the Force invited or recruited an AFL or even a WAFL Coach to help with the kicking game of our 9,10,11,14, and 15's?

Yes, Aussies Rules Football bad. I get that. But we have the opportunity to take advantage of a situation.

Why didn't it happen 17 years ago? Why hasn't happened now?

I can't figure it out.

You?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

I can't figure it out.

You?
    The biggest thing with kicking is practice. Practice under pressure in training drills from your team players who apply that pressure in matches. Practice doing extras after everyone else goes home. Practice on your day off....
    Coaches are good but their main message would be to practice and then practice some more.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I remember seeing a sporting piece on Johnny Wilkenson I think it was before the 2003 RWC.

Anyway, he treated his place-kicking like a Golf Swing. He practiced his technique, so that it was exactly the same, over and over and over again. So when he was under pressure he did the same thing.

My point

If we get a coach in - teach good technique. We are on our way to having good kickers.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I remember seeing a sporting piece on Johnny Wilkenson I think it was before the 2003 RWC.
    I remember that. IIRC he was also spotted about that time practising by himself in a local park after a family lunch. Christmas lunch. No secret why he was so good - anda bit weird. 🙂

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    If we get a coach in - teach good technique. We are on our way to having good kickers.
    We’ve got coaches for every other facet of the game. Can’t imagine one more will hurt

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    We’ve got coaches for every other facet of the game. Can’t imagine one more will hurt
    I seem to remember we had a kicking coach some years ago but it was FaceTime or whatever it was called then. Don’t remember it doing much good though!
    Ps I think that was for place kicks.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    IIRC it was Darryl Halligan.

vCash
    Jargs you're a smart guy. I like to think I am smart too.

The Western Force is based in Perth, arguably one of the country's best producers of AFL talent. So, why hasn't the Force invited or recruited an AFL or even a WAFL Coach to help with the kicking game of our 9,10,11,14, and 15's?

Yes, Aussies Rules Football bad. I get that. But we have the opportunity to take advantage of a situation.

I can't figure it out.

You?
    Don't ask me. I just work here.

I think the Melbourne Storm currently have a partnership with the Melbourne Demons? I've seen on the socials that the Sydney Swans do training sessions with the Sydney Roosters as well. Can't be that hard to organise.

One of the exits after scoring today (3rd try I think) we kicked it straight down the middle of the pitch, right down the Hurricanes fullbacks throat. If I don't have a sleeping 1 year old on my chest I would have lost my mind.

vCash
    Contrary to popular belief - especially on certain Facebook pages. Kicking has a very important place in Rugby.
    You’re taking it the wrong way and I believe that can be painful! Kicking at the right time, to the right place etc I don’t have a problem with. The one the try was scored from was perfect at the right time in the right place but so many others don’t meet that criteria!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Two weeks in a row we have been on the cusp of total blowouts, however while never in with a real chance of winning we showed grit, determination and guts to play to the end, something that we have not seen in the past. Our depth and serious lack of it has put us at a substantial disadvantage but those taking their chances are stepping up in spades. As I said last week we need patience with this team, there are green shoots and they are growing.

For man of the match I cannot split Williams and Kuenzle their stats are exceptional:

I have just put a few down here in no particular to show how hard the team worked:

Allround:

Kuenzle Tackles 18 Missed 1 Turnovers won 1 Metres 42 carries 8 defenders beaten 3 clean breaks 1 passes 14 Offloads 0

Williams Tackles 17 Missed 2 Turnovers won 2 Metres 25 carries 11 defenders beaten 0 clean breaks 0 passes 5 Offloads 0 Lineouts won 6

Anstee Tackles 20 Missed 1 Turnovers won 0 Metres 44 carries 9 defenders beaten 1 clean breaks 1 passes 7 Offloads 2

Defense:

Horton Tackles 17 Misssed 1

Callan Tackles 16 Missed 2

Spink Tackles 13 Missed 2

Attack:

Tiatia Metres 50 carries 7 defenders beaten 1 clean breaks 2 passes 4 Offloads 1

Kiribridge Metres 80 carries 8 defenders beaten 3 clean breaks 2 passes 4 Offloads 1

Mataele Metres 109 carries 10 defenders beaten 3 clean breaks 1 passes 5 Offloads 2

Honourable Mentions:

Pearce 11 minutes on the field 20 metres 3 carries 1 defender beaten and 1 pass

Fines 11 minutes on the field 29 metres 3 carries 19 passes

Strachan 63 minutes 18 metres 3 carries 2 defenders beaten 1 clean break and 26 passes.

I think the bye has come at the right time, get some of those niggles sorted and start building on the positives

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Aimless kicking without a chase doesn't.

Neither does pointless chip kicks straight to a flying opposition winger

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Sadly, this game was like so many.
    I have followed my team since Day 1.
    I have never missed a home game.
    I have travelled overseas and to the Eastern States to support them.
    I will continue to support them.
    But
    For years I've been frustrated hearing "they played well and are getting better".
    But.
    We lost.
    I know our players do everything they can and will always be disappointed by a loss.
    But.
    We cannot keep listening to the same excuses, the same rhetoric.
    I don't pretend know what the answer is and I will continue to support my side.
    But.
    Please can we stop accepting second best, stop thinking that being close is good enough.
    Rant over
    what i am enjoying about this, is that we are not winning, but keep playing. in the past it has been that we are winning, and stop playing, then lose... this is better for the heart !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Two weeks in a row we have been on the cusp of total blowouts, however while never in with a real chance of winning we showed grit, determination and guts to play to the end, something that we have not seen in the past. Our depth and serious lack of it has put us at a substantial disadvantage but those taking their chances are stepping up in spades. As I said last week we need patience with this team, there are green shoots and they are growing.

For man of the match I cannot split Williams and Kuenzle their stats are exceptional:

I have just put a few down here in no particular to show how hard the team worked:

Allround:

Kuenzle Tackles 18 Missed 1 Turnovers won 1 Metres 42 carries 8 defenders beaten 3 clean breaks 1 passes 14 Offloads 0

Williams Tackles 17 Missed 2 Turnovers won 2 Metres 25 carries 11 defenders beaten 0 clean breaks 0 passes 5 Offloads 0 Lineouts won 6

Anstee Tackles 20 Missed 1 Turnovers won 0 Metres 44 carries 9 defenders beaten 1 clean breaks 1 passes 7 Offloads 2

Defense:

Horton Tackles 17 Misssed 1

Callan Tackles 16 Missed 2

Spink Tackles 13 Missed 2

Attack:

Tiatia Metres 50 carries 7 defenders beaten 1 clean breaks 2 passes 4 Offloads 1

Kiribridge Metres 80 carries 8 defenders beaten 3 clean breaks 2 passes 4 Offloads 1

Mataele Metres 109 carries 10 defenders beaten 3 clean breaks 1 passes 5 Offloads 2

Honourable Mentions:

Pearce 11 minutes on the field 20 metres 3 carries 1 defender beaten and 1 pass

Fines 11 minutes on the field 29 metres 3 carries 19 passes

Strachan 63 minutes 18 metres 3 carries 2 defenders beaten 1 clean break and 26 passes.

I think the bye has come at the right time, get some of those niggles sorted and start building on the positives
    There are some impressive stats there Tazz.

I'd like to see Kuenzle stay as 12 and form a good partnership with Spink. 9 & 10 are still up for grabs. I think Simpson has been a revelation and Fines is fantastic as a finisher against a tiring opposition. Bring him on with 25-30 mins to go rather than 15mins. I think Strachan surprised a lot of us coming on at 10. Why not give him a chance to start at 10 and see what he has to offer? Hegarty/Stewart on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    There are some impressive stats there Tazz.

I'd like to see Kuenzle stay as 12 and form a good partnership with Spink. 9 & 10 are still up for grabs. I think Simpson has been a revelation and Fines is fantastic as a finisher against a tiring opposition. Bring him on with 25-30 mins to go rather than 15mins. I think Strachan surprised a lot of us coming on at 10. Why not give him a chance to start at 10 and see what he has to offer? Hegarty/Stewart on the bench.
    Absolutely. Pick players on form who are keen to impress. Strachan has been incredibly patient. I'm sure other players would have left with the lack of opportunity he has had. He very much deserves a crack.

I've not seen anything, but does anyone else get the impression that Stewart was promised the back up 10 position to get him over here?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast