Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Staniforth ruled out

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by |jono|
    i'm about to ask a stupid question here. i'm having a slow day.
    will this affect our scrum? espically of there is new people in the centre. could the set plays after a scrum be less effective due to the changes?

There shouldn't be too many scrums that actually end in a back line play. Most will be called for a free kick when Baxter fails to stay on his feet.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Jono - not a stupid question at all. You'd have to say yes in so far as the plays are going to depend on the capabilities of the new players, their ability to work with each other, their knowledge etc. I'm assuming that they've been training and learning plays etc all week (though you never know...maybe lote really has told them not to bother because he's so awesome). It'll be intersting to see how it all goes. I'm a little worried about the connection between the forwards and the backs though. If Greegs was there, maybe less so, but with two completely messed up sections you need a little general in there to bring it all together....lets hope cordingley is up to the job.

I feel Nathan will add some stability to the forwards.

Last edited by Jehna; 28-09-07 at 18:01.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Jeez Jehna, hope that's lanced the psychological Lote boil!

vCash
    I take no responsibility for my actions...i'm not paid nearly enough...oh no wait...my mistake...i forgot that the more you earn the less responsibility you have...damn.

Blame Flamethrower...its his emoticon hehe

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    lets hope cordingley is up to the job.
    he'd wanna be. otherwise he needs to be sent home and replaced by henjack...
    espically if he was contemplating further wallabies gernseys. i would be worried if i was him because of the progress that hanjack is making.
    the new coach might choose to let matt finish growing up in the side because he is younger and faster, and discount cordingley's experience.

well that quote didnt work as planned...

Last edited by Jehna; 28-09-07 at 18:13.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Blame Flamethrower...its his emoticon hehe
    Made at your request, I would like to point out.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Mmm perhaps we should leave out the profanities next time...that wasn't in my request...though admittedly probably an accurate representation of my thoughts...

vCash

Wallabies threaten to run riot against Canada

Wallabies threaten to run riot against Canada

ABC Sport

Australia's fringe players are threatening to take out their frustrations on a fearful Canada in Bordeaux on Saturday night after finally getting the chance to start at the World Cup.

Australia used their top lineup for their first three Pool B games against Japan, Wales and Fiji but have taken a different approach in the lead-up to their match against Canada.

With their place in the quarter-finals already sewn up, Australia coach John Connolly decided to rest his top players and save them for the quarter-finals.

His team to play Canada is made up of mostly second-string players, although that is unlikely to offer any reprieve to the Canadians, who have yet to win a match at the tournament and are at the bottom of the group standings.

Only five of the 15 starting players seem to be assured of being picked for the knockout matches, leaving the other 10 facing the grim prospect of making their first and possibly last appearance at the tournament.

All of the players are desperate to use the game to improve their chances for inclusion in the latter matches.

Chomping at the bit
    It is no coincidence that the two biggest wins in World Cup history -- New Zealand's 145-17 victory over Japan in 1995 and Australia's 142-0 demolition of Namibia in 2003 -- were both achieved by second-string squads.

The Wallabies do not expect to go anywhere near those margins on Saturday but Connolly said he was expecting something special when he unleashes them this weekend.

"These guys have been waiting for their opportunity," Connolly said.
    "They may be a little underdone in terms of games but they're fresh and we will expect a performance."

Australia hooker Adam Freier, whose previous appearances at the tournament have been off the bench, said the players were all aware of what was at stake.

"These are the games you need to be cautious of," Freier said. "We can easily go out there with that mindset and expect an easy day at the office, but in doing that we're going to make it difficult for each other.

"Although we'll be competing against a ferocious Canadian outfit that will be desperate for a win, we'll also be competing against ourselves and looking to achieve the standards we set at the start of the tournament."

Canada are already out of the running for the quarter-finals after losing to Wales and Fiji then drawing with Japan on Wednesday.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    lol you tell him!

vCash
    I think this match is going to be all about ensuring our bench can go out and execute a game plan. That's what we'll need against England and New Zealand.

Our 'A' team have proven their ability to execute, now it's time for the fringe players to show their mental character.
    of course Lote will stuff it up by running into isolation and forgetting to pass

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower

vCash
    Boy those Aussie coaches must be dumb. Dunno why they can't see that bloody imposter Lote for what he is.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Who says its the coaches......might have been written into his overinflated contract????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    Who says its the coaches......might have been written into his overinflated contract????
    Maybe. Reckon we should get Scully and Mulder to investigate?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast