Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Channel 10 RWC Coverage

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Channel 10 RWC Coverage

Personally I think the Ten Commentary Team is pathetic.
    Admittedly they have hamstrung themselves by not attending matches and being able to use their own eyes however that is their choice.
    They have set new standards in inappropriate timing of advertisements during and around the match to the extent the is nearly more ads than a cricket match.
    However, my biggest beef is this continual bagging of officials, especially tonight, for "pedantic Refereeing"!
    Fair enough for making a "wrong" call but there is some kind of mind set that officials should overlook infringements to make the match look better.
    Fair dinkum, what a moronic position to take!!!
    "Oh, don't mind that little fumble, keep playing for the crowds sake!"
    Can you imagine the uproar if suddenly officials started "grading" the degree of error???
    For the majority of their coverage there was a barrage against tonights Ref and for mine he had a good match.
    It was ugly yes, the weather was shitty and Canada were playing Australia "A", but FFS get over it!!!
    Why the hell did the mines Fox reception have to go on the blink during the WC???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dont worry Burgs....as you will see.....the Fox commentary is pretty crap too..

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Oh beaut

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    the commentary for the spirit game today was better.

vCash
    I was really pissed off with thier constant referal to certain players having great games, when in fact they played like crap, for example Baxter( the fuse, more like the F***wit...)and lote, although they did bag him a few times but generally blew wind up his arse....I thought the teams performance as a whole was pedestrian and with the crappy refereeing interfering with the flow i was dissapointed with the whole game...Now Fiji v Wales, i was enthralled with the performance of the Fijians....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    The commentators for Aust V Canada sounded like they were busy doing crosswords at the time. In some respects, I don't blame them.
    Am very glad I stuck around to watch Wales V Fiji - what a game!!!!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    It was so good I was asleep by half time

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    I was really pissed off with thier constant referal to certain players having great games, when in fact they played like crap, for example Baxter( the fuse, more like the F***wit...)and lote, although they did bag him a few times but generally blew wind up his arse....I thought the teams performance as a whole was pedestrian and with the crappy refereeing interfering with the flow i was dissapointed with the whole game...Now Fiji v Wales, i was enthralled with the performance of the Fijians....
    Actually think they should dump Lote, the bloke continually took the wrong option against a disintegrating Canadian side. Poor game tonite by the Wallabies, unfort they have got it out of their systems and will be firing when they may/might/could meet the MiBs in a semi. Neither team assured of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro
    Actually think they should dump Lote, the bloke continually took the wrong option against a disintegrating Canadian side. Poor game tonite by the Wallabies, unfort they have got it out of their systems and will be firing when they may/might/could meet the MiBs in a semi. Neither team assured of course.
    Clearly i'm not Lote's number 1 fan but i'm willing to cut him a little slack for poor decisions...there is a reason he usually plays on the wing and when you lack experience in a position you are going to make poor judgement calls. What I will criticise though is that these poor judgement calls quite often had little to do with his inexperience at playing 13, but his selfish ambition to score a try. Twice he made a break, and twice he should have off loaded to Mitchell who was unmarked and on his right, but twice he tried to go himself and we lost the advantage. That to me is what should get him dropped...that selfish and hypocritical attitude which makes a total mockery of his vice-captaincy. That is the difference between him and players like Mortlock, or Gits...actually especially Gits who has equal if not more pressure to be a big scorer this cup but there have been a few times he's chosen the team and the try over his own ambitions (the wales match comes to mind)

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Clearly i'm not Lote's number 1 fan but i'm willing to cut him a little slack for poor decisions...there is a reason he usually plays on the wing and when you lack experience in a position you are going to make poor judgement calls. What I will criticise though is that these poor judgement calls quite often had little to do with his inexperience at playing 13, but his selfish ambition to score a try. Twice he made a break, and twice he should have off loaded to Mitchell who was unmarked and on his right, but twice he tried to go himself and we lost the advantage. That to me is what should get him dropped...that selfish and hypocritical attitude which makes a total mockery of his vice-captaincy. That is the difference between him and players like Mortlock, or Gits...actually especially Gits who has equal if not more pressure to be a big scorer this cup but there have been a few times he's chosen the team and the try over his own ambitions (the wales match comes to mind)
    Really really hope he plays if the Aussies meet the Kiwis in a semi, what a game that will be, he isn't known as "Express Lane" around kiwi rugby circles for nothing Any chance you could also lob Wendy Sailor out there

IN terms of CH 10 commentary, they suck donkey balls to be honest, what a complete load of drivel. Their aftermatch commentary, given at half time during the Fiji v Wales game, is a complete joke. They should add Murray Mexted in the mix, new levels of ineptitude forthcoming from that one.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The Commentary provided by Foxtel make Gordon Bray look like the doyen or commentators.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    i cant stand the commentary for 10. fox arnt that good but they make channel 10 look like idiots.

people there are heaps of threads about how crap you think lote is, can you use them insted of here.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Sorry, but as a non-foxtel subscriber and after the way Channel 7 treated us earlier in the year (delayed after some B grade movie etc), I personally don't give a rats what the commentary is like!! I just appreciate Ch10 for broadcasting live on free to air!

vCash
    Isn't every thread an anti-Lote thread Jazza?

Are ya with me Jenha?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    The French commentary wasnt all that flash either;or maybe it was,I just couldnt understand anything that was said.
    most of the coverage was on Eurosport which most of the places I stayed did not subscribe to,requiring my trying to track down bars broadcasting the matches:a task which due dilligence was applied with unwaivering dedication.
    Unfortunately my navigation back to my hotel afterwards often left a lot to be desired

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast