Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Channel 10 RWC Coverage

vCash
    I was at my Aunty's place for the night on Saturday and they aren't big sport fans so they have fox... but no fox sports.

So we watched the channel ten coverage and it served as a beautiful reminder as to why we got fox and fox sports in the first place.

I just find the way the coverage is being handled in general to be flat and awkward. The World in Union show in particular is so cringe worthy it's embarrassing. Bill woods has about as much personality as a potato and as much as I adore Tuney, he's not really TV presenting material. Darwin can barely get a word in edgeways and they have great guests but just don't have them on for long enough! Would much rather listen to ex all black greats talk than hear what Tuney has to say about his lack of knowledge about French cheese.

The commentary wasn't great... but then the Fox commentary hasn't knocked my socks off either.

I think we've just been spoiled by having the Greg, Phil and Rod team gracing the presence of our rugby broadcasts in Aus. I would have chipped in to have them sent to France. They would have done a cracking job.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

vCash
    I am in the country and don't get any rugby at all. We have got a few games being shown on win at a decent hour. IMHO Ben Tune can say what he likes because he is a champ.

vCash
    Oh I absolutely love Tuney... Can't say enough wonderful things about the guy... I'm just not sure his future lies in on camera presenting...

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    i like it when fox have active for some rugby league games because you can turn the idiots off and turn listen to the crowd and the ref the whole game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006
    Sorry, but as a non-foxtel subscriber and after the way Channel 7 treated us earlier in the year (delayed after some B grade movie etc), I personally don't give a rats what the commentary is like!! I just appreciate Ch10 for broadcasting live on free to air!
    My sentiments exactly

vCash
    Commentary isn't ideal over here either - not perhaps as bad as you guys are getting from the sounds of it, but BBC does such a great job of 6 Nations, it's a bit strange having ITV coverage. Not quite the same standard...

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Channel 10 outdid themselves last night, thanks for the score update then final score for the game we were going to watch after Los Pumas v Ireland guys. We watched a movie instead.

The Channel 10 crew are hopeless bordering on completely inept. Bring back Buddha!!!!! Go you good thing.

By far the worse World Cup coverage I have ever endured, and that includes various teams knocking the mighty ABs out in the past.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Welcome Home, BDGF!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Tuney is as good a commentator as I am an International Wing
    His stop start style is suited to the final seconds of a tied Final with seconds to go, not a blow out with no suspense at all except wondering what word he will choose to say next.
    They continually get players wrong and continually talk drivvle.
    Darwin seems the only one of them to have any real technical knowledge (he is a Coach after all), but they either talk over him or say something ridiculous in reply.
    Classic example last night, Darwin gives about a three minute run down on Australian tactics, Rupert asks, "Why do the call him (Dunning) "Tucky"?
    To Darwins' credit, after Rupert answered his own question, he replied, after all that that is all you have to ask???
    They have been shoddy recently however, C7 did a great job with the 2003 RWC coverage and I am sure they would have at least equaled the "effort" of C10 this year.
    They would have at least had a commentary team at each match!!!
    C10, get in some decent comments men and go to bloody grounds too!!!
    Let's face it, how much do Wings know about anything except mirrors and night clubs...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    The fox commentators last night during the France vs Georgia game were very very average too in terms of getting a bunch of stuff wrong. Players names wrong, names of plays wrong (seriously, if you're commentating you should know the difference between a line out and a kick off!) and an abundance of condescending comments about Georgia. Things like 'well for a minnow team it's good to see they haven't given up'.... why should they?!? They earned their spot despite a lack of serious financial backing unlike the 'serious teams' now give them the credit they deserve.

He did redeem himself a little by saying the IRB should definitely keep teams like Georgia in the world cup but it was just so painfully obvious he thought that France were the bees knees and that Georgia were almost wasting their time being there.

I just was not impressed at all...

I made Happy sad...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    During the two Festival of the Boot events this weekend, I "turned down the sound and turned up Triple J" (as is normal).

If you don't like the commentary, try an alternate audio source to listen to with the pictures. If you must have commentary, just turn it down a little.

This is aimed at everyone posting here, not just the previous poster.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That is, assuming there is an alternate, or indeed, if that alternate is simulcast enough to the vision

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I just make up my own commentary I don't need someone telling me how the game works...Not to mention that you usually can't hear the commentators anyway in my house due to the number of people screaming at the tv...

I'm with the people above who are just grateful the games are being televised on free to air. Let them say what they want...at least its entertaining if not educational

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Whatever commentry U have can't be as bad as the Irish TV - it was a funeral - commented by a man with a monotone - with comments from someone who thought Eddie O'Sullivan should be hung drawn and quartered - curious to know what Ch 10 looks like saw a female presenter filming a lot of little segments in Montpellier

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Guess they didn't have a whole heap to get excited about TQ1

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast