Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mitchells short straw

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash

Mitchells short straw

Well it looks like Lote has been sharing his four leaf clover with ACC.
    they both get the selection nod for the England match whilst the in-form winger gets dropped (again)

Still can't figure out what (if anything) goes on in Connellys head.
    Ok, ACC got a try each agains Fiji & Japan which puts him ahead of Lote - but how is that, best form?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ACC and Lote may be putting out for him????Drew is holding back the love perhaps???

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Champion
    vCash
    HopeP I hear you BRO !! lote must be bending over to pick someone's soap to get picked before our boy mitchell...

maybe connolly still has a soft side for england after being in there camp when coaching bath, Can someone out there please advise me why Shepherd isn't in the top 22 players for the nations team ??

CARN ENGLAND...

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Well they used the excuse that ACC has much better defense then Mitchell. Don't know why that should be much of a factor when deciding on wings, but we all know Connolly is an idiot.

The problem is a decision like this would not come back to hurt the coach. Even if the Wallabies lose, it would be really hard to blame it on a decision about wingers. Rugby is one of the hardest sports to blame someone and say that another guy would have done better. That's what is keeping Mitchell out. Connolly seems to think that if Mitchell and Tuqiri had traded jumpers it would be Tuqiri with 7 tries and Mitchell 0. To get blamed for a loss a winger would probably have to drop 3 or 4 balls when he was in the clear. If they don't score it's always "the ball never came to me in a good spot" and if they give up tries it's always "there were 14 other guys that got beat before their winger beat me one on one."

vCash
    thats just plain stupid.
    lote should not be in the side after he has been playing that bad and for his selfish display in last weeks game

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    Can someone out there please advise me why Shepherd isn't in the top 22 players for the nations team ??
    Because they need Huxley to cover #10.

They already have Mitchell covering wings and fullback so they didn't need Shepherd who plays the same spots.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    My consipracy theory is that Lote has a clause in his contract saying he must play. By Knuckles firing up the poms so much, they'll probably play a physical game (at least until they get carded) Lote gets injured, contract clause can't be enforced, Knuckles gets to play who he wants...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    I still have a gut feeling that Lote has one big game to come. I have been hoping so for the last two years, since during that time he has been crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    My consipracy theory is that Lote has a clause in his contract saying he must play. By Knuckles firing up the poms so much, they'll probably play a physical game (at least until they get carded) Lote gets injured, contract clause can't be enforced, Knuckles gets to play who he wants...
    Oh man....i would love to see Lote's contract....hats off to the lawyer that drafted that piece of gold for him. But aside from conspiracy clauses I wouldn't mind betting that they want him to play to justify how much they pay him. I mean fancy paying someone that much if he's not even on the field...

I don't get why Drew isn't in the starting line either except that history would show that knuckles has a habit of having his favourites who can do no wrong. I think Coops and Tuqiri are def on that list and its a little hard to upset that. On a different note, someone pointed out in another thread that it may not be such a stupid idea to start Drew from the bench because with him 100% fit and playing against a winger who’s not, he’d def have the advantage particularly in defence if they think he is weaker there…though when he spear tackled a hooker I didn’t see too much weakness…except maybe that part where its illegal…

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    The days of wingers simply being finishers are long gone.

Personally, I think the wing selections are as they should be with Drew on the bench. He may have proved himself to be a finisher but to be honest he is no "try creator". Defensive-wise, Lote and ACC are more reliable. In a potentially tight contest, such as this, Mitchell is probably best to run on as an impact player once the England defence has been run down and is at its weakest. His fresh legs and speed would probably then be quite handy.

vCash
    Lote is clearly the best. O why must you people continue to live with your heads buried in the sands of rugby ignominy? Drew is at best a bench player. He should be content with the scraps thrown to him from Lote, the Mighty One.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    maybe lote is only there to hurt wilkinson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by |jono|
    maybe lote is only there to hurt wilkinson?
    I like the cut of your jib ||!!!

Lote to break Wilko on his shoulder of righteousness and smite him with his forearm of justice.

And he will score 2 tries. I'm absolutely positive this time. Really!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    i was thinking more along the lines of a leg tackle because hes just broke through our lines. lote runs from the other side of the field and gets him about 15m from the try line.
    anyway this leg tackle breaks his tibula and fibula. which is extremley painful... also it would have to be his kicking leg just for the irony.

vCash
    It would be ironic if he broke his non preferred kicking foot/leg, thereby preventing him from kicking at all due to his not being able to stand up.

Not that I would wish harm upon anyone.

Gigsa made me do it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast