Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Channel Ten

vCash

Thumbs down Channel Ten

I need to vent...

I am so unbelievably disappointed by channel ten's coverage tonight. Firstly I was upset that they got the rights and thus Fox weren't allowed to show the game live which put me in a filthy mood before the game started.

Secondly, I HATE adverts about cars and stupid channel ten programs being shown every single time there is a millisecond of an opportunity to cram in some lame ad during a tiny break in play. I don't want to buy a new plasma screen tv mr shirvington.. I want to watch the rugby!!

Thirdly... Bill Woods I have now concluded has much less personality than a potato but Tuney redeemed himself a bit. Much less (if any) talk of his knowledge of cheese and wine which was a bonus. And Ben Darwin got to talk a lot more than usual... kudos for that too.

But my MAJOR complaint is their footage from after the game. It was as if Australia just didn't matter anymore. So many shots of the English celebrating it up around the field (and rightly so for them) but where were the shots of the great aussies who have just retired? One shot of Bernie! About two shots of George.

Fair enough that there wasn't more shots of them huddling around straight after the game because frier told the camera man to bugger off but they did a victory lap and channel ten showed barely any of it!!

We're never going to see George or Bernie play for Australia again. Give them the credit they deserve channel ten!

If you can't handle it, let Fox show the game live as well. They've proved they know how to do it in a good and respectful manner.

I'm so disappointed. I wanted to see them go all out to pay tribute to these two absolutely wonderful players. But instead they showed the interviews with the coaches and captains then cut as soon as they could so they could put on this adam sandler crap that is on in front of me at the moment. I don't want to watch Bulletproof! I want to say goodbye to two of my all time favourite players.

*sigh* my rant is over for now but I am so angry... Need a good night's sleep!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i hear you jess.. i'm not buying one of those ****ings tv's out of principle
    !!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Jess - I don't think there were Ch10 cameras at the ground so they were taking the feed from whichever camera crew was there and therefore not able to dictate which team was being filmed.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    yea i got sick of there adds all the time and i the commentators were talking crap the whole game.

vCash
    They did have channel ten Cameras down there because they had one on the rugby pitch before the game when Ben Darwin and Ben Tune were speaking.
    Those ads annoyed me too

vCash
    Yeah Ben Tune is not a commentator, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jazza93
    yea i got sick of there adds all the time and i the commentators were talking crap the whole game.

vCash
    I really hope you're right Jedi.... there is no excuse for channel ten otherwise.

I made Happy sad...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby191
    They did have channel ten Cameras down there because they had one on the rugby pitch before the game when Ben Darwin and Ben Tune were speaking.
    Those ads annoyed me too

or they overlaid the ch 10 logo over whichever camera was down there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    I really hope you're right Jedi.... there is no excuse for channel ten otherwise.
    I usually am!

However, it appears on this occasion that there may have been a lone Ch10 camera down there.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    meh .. today is the day you should all be watching channel 7 anyway lol

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I thought the commentators on 10 and fox have been very poor, from what Ive seen.

vCash
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Ch10 commentators are truly crap.

And I'm right behind Jess with the fkn advertising! Who the fck is the director who decides we've got time to squeeze in an advert between someone dotting the ball down and the drop-out being taken?

vCash
    There should be a new TV regulation that states there are no adverts during each half of a game of rugby - although with the poor commentating sometimes the adverts are a welcome relief from the drivel being spouted by the men with dodgy microphones attached to their cheeks.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I was watching the NZ vs France game on iTV and it was really funny listening to Murray Mexted and Sean Fitzpatrick when McAlister was yellow carded and at numerous other parts of the game- they were dark.

vCash
    I turned off the commentary on ITV yesterday for the France NZ match, and listened to Radio 5 (BBC Sport channel) - a VAST improvement! I lasted about 10 mins with the TV commentary but it was Murray Mexted and he had verbal diarrhoea, it was doing my head in. But at least they only show ads at half-time...

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast