Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Australia re-lives nightmare

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seaofgrey
    After reading the frankly childish and sometimes offensive comments that this forum has had prior to the England game. Add to that O'neills outrageous comments (How can he sit on the IRB board now without looking like a fool) and all I can say is we deserved to get beaten.

Well done England, you deserved it as you played the better game,

Just to let any poms out there know we are not all the same
    Its an open forum Seaofgrey - expect offensive and sometimes radical comments.
    As for JO'N - Many on this forum have been moaning about his running off at the mouth.

And NO - I disagree! England did not play the better game - they barely played a game plan at all. They made fewer mistakes. given the number of Australian errors England should have won by more.
    Still - they won and they go through. In RWC - thats all that counts.
    Congratulations to all their supporters.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Now this whole World Cup isn't right, No Kiwis and No Aussies, I think the kiwis struggled last night because they didn't have a tough enough work out in the pool stages.
    GO FIJI!!!!!

vCash
    ... gutted, crushed and hung-over, and it was not a pretty game to watch... aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh ...

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic
    ... gutted, crushed and hung-over, and it was not a pretty game to watch... aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh ...
    I feel you tragic! We'll i'm not so hungover as i thought which is a bonus...

Is it wrong that i feel so much better now because NZ lost? Man..they need to move countries...perhaps to Oz...we'll forgive them..

I'm all for a fiji vs argentina final! (Sorry Jedi!) Although it'd be more fitting probably if Scotland get through...

I seriously can't believe this hey! And they want to get rid of the minnow nations...yeah...i can totally see why now!

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    I don't if I'm happy about the AB's loss or not. On one hand, no bleating. On the other, there's zero chance of watching them beat England. Anyway, I'm with Rugby191 - GO FIJI!!!!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Yeah but my theory tragic is that if england go onto win the cup then it makes i more acceptable that that beat us. If they get kicked out then it will make us wonder how we couldn't beat them because I honestly thought we were capable of beating everyone but the All Blacks.

What annoys me the most about England's win is that they didn't score any tries...didn't really even come close. Their entire score line came from the boot of one man....that's not rugby, that's just bullshit (not trying to take anything away from Jonny because clearly he is a phenomenal player...)

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 07-10-07 at 10:27.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    I kinda think this sums it up....

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Highly p'd off with my adopted team. To be honest their loss was very much down to their own poor play, where as the AB's loss was down to the French playing an amazing defensive game with heaps of passion thrown in.

Australia's forwards were destroyed but we still had the potential to win against not a great side but with the management decision to play AAC rather than Mitchel from the start (still shaking my head about that call) we we're not giving ourselves the best chance. AAC proved what he has shown before...he's not ready for the big stage! I don't like to pick on one player but man he made some real costly mistakes.

Congratualtios to england but I can't see that they have enough in the bag to win again....although I have said that before.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Yeah but my theory tragic is that if england go onto win the cup then it makes i more acceptable that that beat us. If they get kicked out then it will make us wonder how we couldn't beat them because I honestly thought we were capable of beating everyone but the All Blacks.
    ???? we beat the AB's in Melbourne .. it all comes down to how you play on the day, the AB result proves that, any team can beat any other if they get the mix just right on the day!

And no it won't help me sleep if Eng get beaten by France, last nights result hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    What annoys me the most about England's win is that they didn't score any tries...didn't really even come close. Their entire score line came from the boot of one man....that's not rugby, that's just bullshit (not trying to take anything away from Jonny because clearly he is a phenomenal player...)
    So what, they won without a try ... they've done it before and will do it again, it isn't bullshit it is just more of a reflection on us that we gave away too many penalties within kicking range! More of a sad indicment on the Wallabies than England I would suggest!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    I'll just acknowledge the superiority of the England forwards. Our guys were much better but still not up to that standard. I don't think it was only the scrum where they beat us. They were just far quicker and more agressive at the breakdown winning quick ball for an experienced 10.

When we won ruck ball Gregan was too slow releasing it to the backline a lot of the time. Barnes never got quick ball going forward all day. I saw quite a few opportunities when we had overs where, with quick ball, we might have scored a couple of tries possibly sealed the game.

All in all the boys saved one of their worst performances in a long time for QF day. England saved one of their best and thoroughly deserved to win.

Moving right along; how many days 'till the first Force match and the start of the build-up to RWC 2011?

I hope Fiji, Scotland or Argentina win.

vCash
    Congratulations to the English and their supporters.
    I was disappointed in our performance. It seems the old enemy were up for a game whilst our forwards thought they were just out for a trot.

Goodbye George and Bernie, thanks for your tireless efforts over the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep
    And NO - I disagree! England did not play the better game - they barely played a game plan at all. They made fewer mistakes. given the number of Australian errors England should have won by more.

England obviously played the better game because they won! However, it was as much due to Australia's errors as very strange form from the English (I can't remember the last time they played that well).

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Man, this has got to be the worst 24 hrs ever. First the Perth Spirit, then the Australians, then the All Blacks.

I reckon the English forwards dominated, but Australia should have won. Somehow, the Aussie forwards didn't play as if it was their last match there. They never really got a start on, thus, allowing the english to counter ruck almost every ruck. And on the other hand, John Connolly made the wrong decision of putting AAC and Tuquiri on. I don't care if Tuquiri scored the try, we needed speed on the wing when there was space and somehow Tuquiri didn't provide. I say Mitchell should have been given the spot ahead of AAC and possibly Shepherd on the wing as well. Mitchell's first touch of ball saw him make a line break and i think that justifies it. I'm all with jonh Connolly leaving the wallabies.

And with new Zealand, that was a shock. AB's were dominating throughout the game but i think the turning point was when both Dan Carter and Nic Evans came off injured. McAlister is an awesome center, but not so much a fly half. They should have gone for a field goal when they had the chance. I'm gonna go for Argentina now to kick scotland out.

A sad day for rugby indeed.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I think this sums up the way Australia played last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecSqa0Qh4U

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce
    I'm gonna go for Argentina now to kick scotland out.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast