Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Nation in Mourning

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash

A Nation in Mourning

We know how they feel,a few comments from punters across the ditch.

Your say: All Blacks' World Cup dream over
    Stuff.co.nz | Sunday, 7 October 2007

Once again a complete lack of tactical awareness and leadership on the field. Very amusing that AB coaches are always talking up doing the basics right yet the most basic thing of all (retain the football) seems to be a major failing with AB rugby. At least the Wallabies won't win their 3rd cup(nor your 2nd). Would like to see Robbie Deans get a go, scary prospect him coaching the Aussies!
    Mike Poole

Just reading the feedback posted about ABs v France match. I am saddened that so many people find it necessary to blame the ref. The fact of the matter is the ABs and all of NZ had the cup won even before they left NZ and now find it hard to admit that they played badly on the day! They will win the world cup when they learn a little humility.
    Sue Parker

In memory of NZ Rugby: died suddenly with the realisation that it was only good when no one else played. Died 7 October 2007. RIP

We've lost games like this before and I'm sure we'll lose games like this again in the future. When the Ref's been paid off you're buggered no matter what.
    GT Kinghorn

We played a great game as did France, However, the ref is a cheat and should never be allowed to ref another game in his lifetime. France's last try was awarded after a forward pass was allowed to go ahead, basically pom ref did not want NZ to play England so he made sure we wouldn't.
    Trish

When it matters they haven't got the ticker. Hope Graham Henry is held to account for setting back NZ Rugby years and devaluing the black jersey. Please don't critisise Northern Hemisphere rugby. ENGLAND V FRANCE in semi. Long flight home Richie and boys, hope you will fly economy!
    Peter

What a disgrace - Coaching staff should be sacked immediately. How much longer does the NZ rugby public have to put up with the hype, then the excuses. The PC police will cry foul but is obvious at National anthem time - there was no pride or effort to be witnessed with the singing by the AB's as usual and this is particularly evident with the players of Polynesian descent. These same players have also shown again, that they do not have the mental capacity to cope with the tough games. I hope the media rip into them - they deserve nothing less!
    VM

Get the impression they are not keen on Mr Barnes? The last statement sums it up beautifully.

My mum didn't let me bet on the French
    Beth Newbold (age 33)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Why on earth should the coaching staff be sacked immediately!?! It was a close game and at the end of the day it's the players than didn't play well enough, not the coach that didn't coach hard enough.

I really really don't like the way the Kiwis play the blame game and give the coaches the boot. (though in saying that I'm quite happy we have Mitchell now so maybe it's not all bad. )

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Why on earth should the coaching staff be sacked immediately!?! It was a close game and at the end of the day it's the players than didn't play well enough, not the coach that didn't coach hard enough.
    But it's tradition: Hart, Mitchell, Henry??

vCash
    Maybe Henry'll go back to Wales!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Bloody hell...who'd want to be a NZ rugby player right now...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    I suddenly felt so much better after watching the AB game. Anyone else?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    When I woke to the news I definitly was happier....was dreading hearing from my boss otherwise......he probably doesnt want to hear from me now though..

vCash
    oh its great to be English!

i wont be logging on again so need for anyone to reply coz i just wont read it

see sth africa in the final

SWING LOW

SWEET CHARIOT

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    funny how shit rises to the top of the barrel

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    funny how shit rises to the top of the barrel

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_the_pom
    oh its great to be English!

i wont be logging on again so need for anyone to reply coz i just wont read it

see sth africa in the final

SWING LOW

SWEET CHARIOT
    hahahahahahaha....

that is all

vCash
    it was the rifs fault

vCash
    yeah bro

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea

What a disgrace - Coaching staff should be sacked immediately. How much longer does the NZ rugby public have to put up with the hype, then the excuses. The PC police will cry foul but is obvious at National anthem time - there was no pride or effort to be witnessed with the singing by the AB's as usual and this is particularly evident with the players of Polynesian descent. These same players have also shown again, that they do not have the mental capacity to cope with the tough games. I hope the media rip into them - they deserve nothing less!
    VM
    I have to say i disagree a lot with this statement.
    a) I do not feel that the loss was a reflection on the Coach and his staff, as i believe was the case with John Mitchell.
    b) Good point, but with their last comment it appears that the media is responsible for the hype and the gross amount of pressure. The reality is only two teams can make it to the final and you win some, you lose some...the AB's just happen to lose them at RWC finals time
    c) I find most national anthems to be bland and subsequently do not feel that singing it or not singing it reflects on my pride for my two countries.
    d) Their comment on the players of Polynesian descent is quite frankly disgusting...i have found that all the AB's players seem to put the same amount of effort into the national anthem and frankly if they don't want to sing, then that is their choice and i don't think its a reflection on their heritage nor that they love their country any less.
    e) I agree that some players need a big glass of HTFU and the team needs to stop making the same errors e.g. silly passes over and over again.
    f) What good will the media ripping into them do? The media tend to over-sensationalise almost everything and i will continue to support the AB's and the Wallabies...they know what they have lost and will be feeling even worse then anyone outside their respective teams will be feeling.

And at the end of the day, what is rugby? A game...there are people in the world just struggling to survive and i have just delievered a rant of pure bs on the RWC and some person i don't even know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkizaWWE
    i have just delievered a rant of pure bs on the RWC and some person i don't even know
    Don't worry, TLH's a lovable rogue and as harmless as a thistle up your kilt!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast