Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wilkinson boots England into the finals!

vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    damn it...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hehehhehehehe what do you make of that aussies? hehehe

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Not much - I'm neither French nor english

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Not much - I'm neither French nor english
    Exactly At least they scored a try this time...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Pretty much, hell i didnt even stay up for it (well i tried but was comatose not long into the channel 10 pre match show)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregan123
    Hehehhehehehe what do you make of that aussies? hehehe
    36-0

vCash
    Poop. Glad I didn't stay up for it. What a grind.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Good example of winning ugly. A great attribute to have, wish we did. Again, classy backs of the Froggelandians made some breaks but no reward, Pomlandians didn't ever look like scoring a try other than that gift to them in the first minutes. Its amazing really that a team that looks least like scoring a try is in the final. Pomlandian 03 version at least looked like scoring points. How would they go playing under some (or all) of the ARC ELV conditions?

Another amazing thing is that Jonny is not kicking the ball terribly well but he's getting the Pomlandians over the line.

Winning ugly, damn I wish we could do it!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook
    Good example of winning ugly. A great attribute to have, wish we did. Again, classy backs of the Froggelandians made some breaks but no reward, Pomlandians didn't ever look like scoring a try other than that gift to them in the first minutes. Its amazing really that a team that looks least like scoring a try is in the final. Pomlandian 03 version at least looked like scoring points. How would they go playing under some (or all) of the ARC ELV conditions?

Another amazing thing is that Jonny is not kicking the ball terribly well but he's getting the Pomlandians over the line.

Winning ugly, damn I wish we could do it!
    Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see them score some ( any ) tries but the poor old sods haven't got the legs. Plenty of heart and guts but no speed. This squad is at the end of it's shelf life. They play the game to suit their squad. The Wallabies strength has always been in their backs, at this time England's is their forwards. Oh! and Jonny. Pretty or Ugly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Quasimodo's are in the final. Argentina to win?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko
    The Quasimodo's are in the final. Argentina to win?
    Been a RWC of 'upsets'....so...why not? Have the saffas been really tested yet?

Argies may lack the pace to beat the saffas out wide though. Match them in the forwards but big game experience might tell out in the end for the Boks.

Saffas v Pomlandians in the final, probable.

Australia won't be able to use the tag '' twice winners of the RWC'' then, and TIF will need to change his sig. Poor lad.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Lets get a few things covered right now should the unthinkable happen. and England win the RWC.

First up, their own media wrote them off.
    Next. Their own fans wrote them off. (otherwise our good buddy Luke_the_Pom) would have been telling us all about it for the last 6 months.
    Next. By the look of their results in the pool matches, their own playing squad wrote themselves off.
    Finally. If they do win - good luck to them. They have found a way to win ugly - as Chook said, I wish we could do that.

Personally I think that if England do win the RWC it will destroy what we know as the Running Game - it will become the kicking game, and that is not something worth watching.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Some of those ELVs might sort out the massive forward pack and all the penalty kick opportunities though. I wonder how many will filter through S14 etc to international rugby?

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    Lets get a few things covered right now should the unthinkable happen. and England win the RWC.

First up, their own media wrote them off.
    Next. Their own fans wrote them off. (otherwise our good buddy Luke_the_Pom) would have been telling us all about it for the last 6 months.
    Next. By the look of their results in the pool matches, their own playing squad wrote themselves off.
    Finally. If they do win - good luck to them. They have found a way to win ugly - as Chook said, I wish we could do that.

Personally I think that if England do win the RWC it will destroy what we know as the Running Game - it will become the kicking game, and that is not something worth watching.
    I'm a Pomssie ( still in the conversion stage ) and on paper there is no way England should have got the final, but who'd have put money on the AB's and the Wallabies going out in the quarters. I think the Argies will be there with England. Should be a good game either way. If England do win I wonder if TIF will add England to his Slogan or just scrub it. . " England and Australia the only two teams to win the WRC twice - yes twice" it could work..

I don't think the kicking game will be over if England win. I'm old enough to have seen the game tactics cycle several times over the years. Somtimes it's a running game, sometimes it's a forwards game, sometimes it's a kicking game it's how you deal with the other team on the day.

vCash
    If TIF adds England to his sig after the crap they've shovelled up this year, he's off my buddy list..... OK, OK I don't actually maintain a buddy list at the moment, but I'll start one out of principle.

Last week, I thought discretion was the better part of valour since the Wallabies were well and truly picked apart by the Pomlanders. This week is a totally different story, the frogs really only lost this match due to a mistake,the poms were only ever in it due to a lucky bounce on a freak play.

With regards to the ELVs I think they're dead in the water for international competition already, the poms have enough power in the IRB to be able to block a vote and there's noway they want the ELVs to come through with their current mindset on the game. They'd give it a go if what they were doing wasn't working, but that is obviously not the case.

Fluff up your pillows boys, I'm predicting a tough 4 years of pedestrian rugby with us getting smashed until we find a pack who can drive the old enemy away from our football.

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast