Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: bristol refuse to release barbarians captain Mark Regan

vCash
    hopep, my last paragraph was a last minute addition...it should clearly have contained some sort of smiley face to depict my poor effort at humour...Bath v Bristol is one of the most seriously contested local derbies, the two cities being only 10 miles or so apart and many players over their careers having worn the shirt of both clubs. Mark Regan is no different in that he once played for Bath and I have the utmost respect for him as a man and a professional...while he is in the Bristol shirt and on the park I reserve the right to sledge him relentlessly!

Your anology of what you would do if asked to play in a representative team doesn't acurately reflect what is happening here. The selectors know exactly what the situation is with these players before they choose the squad and their commitments to their clubs yet they still decided to cause unrest by picking those who cannot play...I am not arguing that the club contract/loyalty/etc is right or wrong, simply that it is how it is and only a very stupid person or one who is intent in causing trouble would ignore that fact and blindly select the squad anyway.

Haven't been on here for a while and possibly missed other threads on the subject but a friend of mine recently returned from Perth just sent me a link to the Force adverts "keep it for the game", they are just class.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Flat-top; 29-11-07 at 16:48.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2