Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chat report - 19 Dec 07 (and my 1000th post)

vCash

Chat report - 19 Dec 07 (and my 1000th post)

Chat Report 19 December – A quiet night in!

Honour Roll
    Chook
    Exile
    Flamethrower
    Travelling_Gerry
    Evie
    The Boss
    Frontrow
    TLH
    Skiza
    MTBeaver
    Jargan83
    Josie
    the Cadet for the SMH

We make an early start this evening, with the usual reprobates occupying their seats (and talking about pretty much nothing)

The Chooksta shares his admiration of all things Scarlett….who can blame him? Apparently, she’s not universally worshipped on facebook (WTF)

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!

Apologies to our female members

Just for the girls! …

Anyway, back to the real stuff!

We spend some time SPITTING CHIPS about the ARC, OK Fulv, we know how you feel, and you are entitled to your opinion, but there is pretty universal disappointment shared around the chatroom tonight, people generally think it’s a crappy, gutless idea but don’t see much hope of it changing, regardless of how hard Tony Dempsey thinks he can push the issue.

I guess there’s some light at the end of the tunnel in the form of some financial restructuring of club rugby. Now I’m not terribly well acquainted with the finances of WA club rugby, but it sure looks like Rocky runs on the smell of an oily rag, and I can only assume that clubs over here get very little funding from the ARU. So Randwick might have to tighten the belt where we don’t lose much (round of applause from FT for that) the other positive is the promise of a third tier replacement competition being implemented for 2008 that is ‘fiscally responsible’ (anyone willing to hold their breath?)

Chook must be on shift work, because he toddles off early tonight after hitting me up for some tips on how to get around his dodgy computer’s security system. We decide upon an Ax and the famous chook makes his farewells.

With the demise of Chook, Ex decides that the Christmas bug should bite, and changes the chat title to the longest title since the big bang, that being

‘TWF Chat - On behalf of Coach, Mrs Coach and the little assistants. The Mods; Jehna, Burgs and Travelling Gerry, The old and cranky Bookie The_Lone_Hydrangea, to all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2008. GO THE FORCE, love Exile’

No….I’m not kidding.

Everyone shares wishes of Merry Christmas, and we move on…

The topic of Members pack comes up (Mine arrived FINALLY) and the hat looks AWESOME!!!!) Everyone who has the hat agrees, everyone who doesn’t gets more depressed!

Ex shares that the Members’ Manager was never about to make the mistake of sending a visor again…we all laugh!

The Kind and Generous bookie calls in, along with Evie. Ex (as with every female visitor) passes on a rose and a kiss on the cheek.

Christmas greetings are shared, along with stories of ‘festering’ (Ask Gerry)
    Evie hates Christmas Shoppers and the hell that is working retail at this time of year. Thanks heaps for putting in the hard yards and catching up Evie! Only 3 weeks to go B4 a break!

A pregnant pause is interrupted by discussion of Mrs Ex’s Chrissy Pressie. Gerry votes for a parachute jump! I say jewelery!

And we’re back to members’ packs (Gerry’s is here, and he likes the hat) Flamethrower is still depressed tho!

The Bald boss man rocks in, to explain…that….he….might…….talk……like……this……for……a ……while on account of just arriving home from Toowoomba.

We all hang some crap on Queenslanders in general, to Evie‘s dismay (good friends there)

Frontrow and TLH lob….Christmas Greetings and more talk about…generally nothing, Frontrow’s Pub Crawl is the hot topic

And Skiza makes an appearance. Ex (as with every female visitor) passes on a rose and a kiss on the cheek.

…….general Christmas greetings, followed by Matty Beaver’s arrival. Ex (as with every female visitor) passes on a rose and a kiss on the cheek.
    And we do the whole lot over again.

We all quiz Beav about his cranky boss and various plant names…..he hasn’t got any smarter TLH!

Evie takes the opportunity to prepare for Christmas shoppers and hits the hay!

We critique the new Hilltop Hoods album, universally liked by those who’ve heard it. Matty spruiks its praises for a while.

Jargan pops in to say gudday….Christmas….Yada Yada Yada

Jargan has spent a day at the WACA and asks (again) for opinions about the ARC canning. We all hate it! ..... Again!

Josie rocks in Ex (as with every female visitor) passes on a rose and a kiss on the cheek.

We have a whinge about the new stadium deal where the AFL and WAFC conspire to do nothing, while Kobelke rolls over and gives them everything they ever wanted.

We’re not happy tonight at all!

Back to Chrissy Pressies…..Christmas greetings….whingeing about the ARC and the stadium….it’s all sounding a bit familiar isn’t it?

Frontrow has had enough…he’s off!

Josie goes to bed (who can blame)

TLH gets the pressure on, It appears that he needs to ‘appreciate’ the Beaver more (a fire engine and a toasted sanger at should do it mate!

We work on getting TLH a bookie moniker (yes it IS a slow night) not much pops up on the radar, (possibly a good topic for one of those opt-in polls there Boss) out of respect for the missus, I won’t share any of the suggestions here TLH!

We talk about beer (and Magners)……as usual, Skiza has had a taste of ambrosia (I’ve gotta get around to that!) and she thinks it’s OK!

Is that a 100% batting average at the moment?

Jargan takes off, while Beaver is writing his letter to the North Pole (fast computer)

Flame returns from …..farmer’s duties….we all discuss disposal methods for foxes.

TLH takes his leave, and Coach pumps Beaver for information on his boss. It appears Beaver’s loyalty can’t be bought (or perhaps he’s already been pumped?)

TLH appears not to have even got off his A$$ and taken the Beaver to yet. Lift ya game mate!!!

Gerry considers it’s time to rock off (the bottle’s empty?) sparking a mass exodus

We’re out of there about 10 o’clock (early)

So …. In Summary

The ARC Decision Sucks
    Beaver will not dish the dirt on TLH
    People still have Christmas shopping to do
    Merry Christmas to you and yours on behalf of myself and all the other psychotic reprobates who find a second home in the asylum that is twf.com.au.

We all hope you score big off a jolly fat man in a red suit, and if not, you score off whomever you’d prefer. and of course have a very Christmas

I have it on good authority that chat will be on next week, so hopefully the hangover should be pretty much done by then and we’ll see you there. Otherwise, see you in the New Year!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Nice 1000th post, great report.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Good stuff Gigs on a tough night

My Member Pack rolled in via camel today. Agree the Cap is much better.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    *sigh* looks like I'm the ONLY person in the whole of WA that was disappointed when a cap arrived instead of a visor.

Great report GIGST and good stuff for reaching 1000!

Sorry I couldn't make it gang... had a family christmas dinner and didn't get anywhere near a computer until everyone would have been in bed.

Next week I hope! No wait... boxing day...

Wednesday after!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Nice work. I applaud your appreciation of Scarlett J. Is there a finer female form....?..... I think, not.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Hey even I would totally go there. She's hot as!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Thanks guys. Particularly Chook (anyone who gives me an excuse to look at pictures of Scarlett is OK in my books)

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Nice Job GIGS - looks like you have yourself a permanent gig for the rest of the year at least.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Top job GIGS20..feels like I was there..

vCash
    Loved it gigs20, wish i was there, oh i was....Nice effort for the 1000th post too...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Happy ten ton GIGS
    Was otherwise detained in Geraldton on the night but echo the consensus sentiments on the topics...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow View Post
    Loved it gigs20, wish i was there, oh i was....Nice effort for the 1000th post too...
    no stress FR, everyone felt a bit 'absent' Wednesday night didn't they?

C'mon the

vCash
    Top job GIGS20 Congrats on the milestone too!

vCash
    Great report GIGS20

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    i agree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast