Thread: ARU Announces Test ticket prices for Brisbane

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

ARU Announces Test ticket prices for Brisbane

ARU Announces Test ticket prices for Brisbane

January 18, 2008 - 4:22pm
    Story by: ARU

Tickets for the Qantas Wallabies clash against France on July 5 and the All Blacks on September 13 go on sale 14 May.

The Australian Rugby Union has refused to increase prices for the “best seats in the house” at this year’s Bledisloe Cup Test between the Qantas Wallabies and the All Blacks at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

Top-end platinum, gold and silver category tickets for the 13 September blockbuster – one of the highlights of the 2008 Bundaberg Rum Rugby Series – have been maintained at the prices charged for the same match at the same ground two years ago.

Platinum tickets will go on sale at $189, gold tickets at $159 and silver tickets at $119.

Bronze category tickets are $84 – a $5 increase on the $79 charged for the 2006 Bledisloe Cup Test involving the Qantas Wallabies and New Zealand in Brisbane.

Family packages in the silver and bronze categories have also been subject to minor price increases.

But for the 5 July Test in Brisbane where the Qantas Wallabies will play France, the ARU is offering a series of price-busting options.

Platinum tickets have been set at $104 and gold tickets at $84 – the cheapest on offer in those categories for a Brisbane Test in the past five years.

Meantime, silver category tickets at $69 are at the same price as 2005 when France last played the Wallabies in Brisbane.

The Test against the World Cup semi-finalists will be the first for the Qantas Wallabies in Brisbane under new coach Robbie Deans.

Tickets for the Brisbane Tests go on sale to the general public through Ticketek from 9am on Wednesday, 14 May.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    More expensive than Sydney!!!

vCash
    we always have shocking prices for the tests. Last year was the first time in 6 years that i didnt go to the test and neither did my dad it is beyond ridiculous, specially the way they classify the seats.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Might just about work out cheaper to fly to Perth for you AS

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    or just not go at all. I do believe last year was the first time in years that the brisbane test didnt sell out. If it keeps happening you would hope the ARU would do something about it. The only problem is that the all blacks test will almost certainly sell out.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It is an inevitable temptation when it is a popular game and seats are limited - it is one of the few advantages of an oversized stadium.

vCash
    It is ridiculous though when i could feed my 3 person family for 2 months with the money they are charging for a "platinum" seat at an 80 minute game.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Three people for two months on $189 - what do you do, photosynthesise??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlcoholicStalker View Post
    It is ridiculous though when i could feed my 3 person family for 2 months with the money they are charging for a "platinum" seat at an 80 minute game.
    and alcohol???....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Three people for two months on $189 - what do you do, photosynthesise??
    Well it helps that one is not yet on solids, although that is only 2 weeks away now. And Jason isnt home to eat 3 or 4 nights a week so he eats free at work. And then you have this wonderful and ethical thing called farmers markets that are a whole lot cheaper then supermarkets thats how. Oh and the in laws have meat coming out there ears but even without that it isnt that hard to feed us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    and alcohol???....
    Thats another thing that annoys me, all the people that pay the fortune to see a game only to spend it getting up and down from their seats pissing everyone else off around them to go to the bar and back. Surely it would be a whole lot cheaper and easier to stay at home with a carton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlcoholicStalker View Post
    Thats another thing that annoys me, all the people that pay the fortune to see a game only to spend it getting up and down from their seats pissing everyone else off around them to go to the bar and back. Surely it would be a whole lot cheaper and easier to stay at home with a carton.
    I never got that either, 90 bucks to see a game, 5 bucks a middy for the beer and 3/4 of the game spent at the bar, surely watching at home is competition for the atmosphere of that.

If you're desperate for that type of atmosphere, save yourself 90 bucks and watch it at a pub!

C'mon the