Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: force moves to replace henjak......possibly with chris o'young

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    I think if they can get Chrisso he will be better than any of the other options available but i do think his defensive game is lacking - it was very evident against the Saders last year.

bit harsh there Zim?, cant complain about a half who had little game time behind yak being a bit lacking in defense against the crusaders? Iv always loved waching ChrisO at halfback because the way he playes that lovely forward oriented game, and when yak was running up to shite in 06 everone was begging for O'Young to get out there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    <>

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I think if they can get Chrisso he will be better than any of the other options available but i do think his defensive game is lacking - it was very evident against the Saders last year.
    im hoping he has been working on that & has bulked up a bit since then.
    Definitely harsh - not a single player demonstrated much defensively that night.

vCash
    fair call guys but i say how i saw it and i saw a big hole next to the scrum that their No 8 exploited every single scrum. Yes defensively the whole team was lacking but i believe this was due to the fact that there was an instant overlap and players began playing out of formation to try to cover..
    Hey i love Chrisso's Attacking game in many ways its more inventive than Henners but he was just not rock solid enough for my liking.

like i said he is a better option than anyone else right now, but i do prefer Henjak.
    sorry if you see this as harsh.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Tuiali'i would have been MOM that night if they hadn't taken him off, but it wasn't our scrum half who failed to stop him, it was our back row.

As an aside, I reckon Tuiali'i that night and the encore performance the following week from Lauaki are the main reason Horua was recruited. They were bravura performances of No.8 play and it would make such a difference if we had someone who could make those hard yards. Our lads are good players, but they are ultimately flankers.

vCash
    backward steps oyoung as signed so they say

vCash
    fair call guys but i say how i saw it and i saw a big hole next to the scrum that their No 8 exploited every single scrum. Yes defensively the whole team was lacking but i believe this was due to the fact that there was an instant overlap and players began playing out of formation to try to cover..
    Hey i love Chrisso's Attacking game in many ways its more inventive than Henners but he was just not rock solid enough for my liking.

like i said he is a better option than anyone else right now, but i do prefer Henjak.
    sorry if you see this as harsh.
    Not disagreeing with you Zim, but I remember Brendan Leonard pulling out a MOM against us last year when Henners was covering that channel....it can (and does) happen to anyone. For the record I think Henners is definitely the better option....no doubt, but if we cut him, O'Young is a good experienced option who'll come up to speed in the team quicker than anyone else. He might not have the variation at the base of the ruck that Henners offers, but that might turn out to be Chucky's bit....he seems to be pretty good at that!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Not disagreeing with you Zim, but I remember Brendan Leonard pulling out a MOM against us last year when Henners was covering that channel....it can (and does) happen to anyone. For the record I think Henners is definitely the better option....no doubt, but if we cut him, O'Young is a good experienced option who'll come up to speed in the team quicker than anyone else. He might not have the variation at the base of the ruck that Henners offers, but that might turn out to be Chucky's bit....he seems to be pretty good at that!
    Sorry to pull you up there GIGST but Henjak was still out against the Chiefs. O'Young and Kelleher started and both went off around the same time and it was Jon McGrath who was run 6 ways from sunday by Brendan Leonard.

George Gregan was always a powerful little fellow as a scrum-half and that was handy because for the last 4 years the Wallabies scrum has always gone backwards. For the Force as our pack gets better and playing a faster No. 8 (In Brown over Fava) we don't need as strong a 9 to compensate.

vCash
    Ooops sorry! Nobody's perfect I guess....I was sure that was Henners!

C'mon the

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3