Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force 16, Cheetahs 15!!!

vCash
    Good Game - watched it on Sky Sports tonight in Glasgow's pouring rain and hail stones with a nice glass of Aussie White in my hand.

Well Done

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There is no such thing as a Good Girl gone bad...only a Bad Girl found out

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=686635905]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    God it was like falling out of a burning 747 and landing in a hot tub in the playboy mansion!

Has to be quote of the year so far, bravo.....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    They played well and did not let up for the 80 mins Cheetahs defence was 110 % but it all comes down to the final kick.
    Well done lads You will learn from this and advance forward

Great entertaining game all players contributed well and chucky got a bit lost at times but gave it his all No negatives from this game and they will take it well anf head for the lions den and hopefully show them what us West Aussies are made of

vCash
    The backs had a good game and drew mitchell did great in his 50th game.

the forwards rotating thing didnt work, the force got smashed in the forwards. Sharpe made a big difference i think the force missed him alot last week.

They controlled territory and possesion and they can take alot away from that but the dissipline in the last 5 minutes almost cost them like it did last week.

Great kick Gits!!!!!

vCash
    yeah there was one point early in the second half it was when I thought we were going to have another rolling maul try scored against us and at that point I was yelling at the television. Luckily our boys held their own there much better than last week.

Our scrums weren't crash hot last night but could that be attributed to changing up the forward pack a bit from last week? Pek started this week didn't he but not last week and AJ didn't start and I think maybe Tai was the only one who started both weeks. Not sure. If we get a bit of continuity there with player selections I'm sure we'll get on top of that no worries. At least our lineouts were better! Never ever eat dodgy pizza again sharpie. We need you too much.

I thought Chuckie was the goods! High pressure, the whole world watching him knowing he's the 'henjak replacement' and so to be able to play like that under pressure was pretty impressive in my books. He's not really as high flair as henners was but I liked that. Just got stuck in and did his job and the pace of his clearence passes was pretty bloody good I thought! Kept the pace up and allowed the build up of multiple phases and gave our attack an overall consistent pace.
    Plus he's a lovely lovely guy and I wish him all the success in the world just on that face alone.

Big Sam Wykes played out of his skin too I thought. That break he made... brilliant! Would have loved to have seen him go all the way and end up with a try but still he should feel pretty good about himself today! But please... can you and Pek arrange to wear your hair differently if you're both playing? Confusing! Standing next to eachother... I can tell you apart... running around as a blur on the field... not so easy! So please, one go afro, one go cornrows. Much appreciated.

But while I'm bloody stoked to come away with a win... 1 point doesn't justify the effort we put in in our attack. To have 65% of the possession and be down when the final whistle blew... I just couldn't get it! It was like the score board and the stats sheet were from different games. Major credit to the Cheetahs defence though. It really was something special and to make that many tackles and still be as strong in their defensive plays as they were in the last 20 mins... well that's incredible fitness and determination. Top effort Gits for slotting over that kick but I didn't think for a minute you'd miss it from there.

How was that guy getting pinged for coming onto the field before he was allowed and conceding a penalty. Bet him and their lock are feeling pretty lousy today. Gotta feel for them but gotta feel better about us winning!!

WOOOOO!!! Crazy happy. But so crazy tired. Can't wait for the tour of south africa ends so I can start getting a good amount of sleep before work.

But... Bring on the Lions!!!

I made Happy sad...

Rookie
    vCash
    Recovering at the Sirromet winery today...I'll be strutting around like an old rooster , god I'm proud!!

vCash
    That's the spirit!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    ps. Horua... no more late conceeding of penalties please. nearly gave me a heart attack!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by qld supporter View Post
    Recovering at the Sirromet winery today...I'll be strutting around like an old rooster , god I'm proud!!

And rightly so mate, your boy played well by all accounts, i still haven't seen the game but will be watching it next week to put my votes in for TWF player of year, so i will be keen to see him in action...Good work chucky...And go strut some more qld supporter...

And as Jess pointed out, the stats showed us as the dominant team just like last weeks stats, only this time we got away with the win...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    I was on my way to bed when they were lining up their kick, but thankfully whilst brushing my teeth i noticed we had the ball on the fifty!
    Haha go Gits! I had my heart in my mouth!

vCash
    I was almost with ya Leck, desperately needed a piss and when the penalty was blown , I thought it was the time. but formailites for me are.....don't leave until the final whistle's blown, so I was on the edge of my seat (for one reason) while they were lining up the kick, and then when they started driving up the field I was on the edge of my seat for another reason.

James, You said the Loosies were a bit quiet this week...I'd suggest that they were contained by a very good bunch of loosies on the other side of the ledger. Those buggers seemed to be everywhere.....Most of the time, when our attack was snuffed out it was one of their backrowers heavily involved, either with the pilfer or just a massive hit!

I thought the Ref was a bit dodgy at ruck time, with allowing entry from pretty much anywhere, but can't complain because he was faultlessly consistent in it, and the scrum call was crap! he held them for a bloody week, and their Tighthead was going Henners on Takiari's shoulder in the touch....Is Kieran on tour? He might get a call up next week!

C'mon the

vCash
    SAAAH-WEEEET!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Stannard was great again....Drew played well, especially since he knew they were going to target him with the high ball, also thought Brown played pretty solidly....couldn't believe the tackles made (last time i saw it was 108-42 in favour of the Cheetahs), we had good phases and possession but didn't have much to show for it in terms of the scoreboard.

Thanks Gits for saving us with your kick (and the Cheetahs guy who failed to kick the ball dead and the one who gave away the penalty )

Last edited by Skiza; 23-02-08 at 10:31.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Thoughts after watching the game:

My god its late, I can't believe I drank that much.

Cheetahs defensive effort was amazing.

SAF commentary team was excellent and surprisingly (for SAF) neutral in their call.

Chuckie had a great game and should be looking forward to his second start at Halfback next week.

Drew Mitchell had a great game.

Cross should not play at Wing, he was caught out of position to let the ball bounce too many times.

BamBam had an unusually quiet game.

Sam Wykes run in the second half was phenomenal.

Stanniforths game was good but I think he is better at Inside Centre.

5 Points after 2 games in South Africa is a fantastic effort, and is a good indicator of things to come.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Yea i thought the commentary team this week was great too, very informative and objective....loved the line about Pusey being a graduate of the Jason Eaton School of Hair

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast