Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Town of Vincent to upgrade MES?

vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm with EX, 25000 is OK at the moment, that doesn't mean we should ignore the future, because we will need more at some stage, but a staged expansion is the go. Our average crowd is about 25000 we need 25000... I personally believe that membership will spike at that point to pretty much fill the stadium, since there will no longer be a guarantee of good seats...Future expansion must be based upon demand (if you have 10K on a waiting list, then build 10K seats....that ain't hard is it?

C'mon the

vCash
    I would like the MES upgrade please.

vCash
    I guess at the moment its anything but Subiaco..a packed out MES at 25k would create a helluva atmosphere. The issue for RWA seems to be corporate boxes and unless the upgrade satisfies that particular matter, Subiaco will still be the preferred option. Will be interesting to see what $25 million can buy..not alot is my guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaag View Post
    I would like the MES upgrade please.
    What this guy says!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    My only concern is, build for 25,000 and that is all we will ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    do you think you can forecast a growth in popularity in line with a growth in perths population?
    Agreed, but at the same time where does all of Perths growth come from? For mine, it is disproportionately NZ, SA, NSW and Britain - all places that follow sports on rectangular grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by no.8 View Post
    Also, in a short period of time the call will go out that you can't get a ticket for a Western Force game. Pressure will be put on to expand in due course.
    Or, they'll say "Well done on the membership front! Best you use the new stadium" which, as they were the only tenant, is operated by the WAFC (Sound familiar? Where were we originally going to play except rugby was surprisingly popular?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Or, they'll say "Well done on the membership front! Best you use the new stadium" which, as they were the only tenant, is operated by the WAFC (Sound familiar? Where were we originally going to play except rugby was surprisingly popular?)
    And that's when No 8's riot plan comes into force...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    25000, 30000, 20000 or 10000

what ever the capacity is irrelevant. The Sponsor who give us the dollars to let us have such a great team have to be taken care of. Until the Corporate Facilities at MES are fixed to the standard and capacity ALL of our sponsors expect - there no way that RugbyWA would consider moving from Subiaco oval.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    25000, 30000, 20000 or 10000

what ever the capacity is irrelevant. The Sponsor who give us the dollars to let us have such a great team have to be taken care of. Until the Corporate Facilities at MES are fixed to the standard and capacity ALL of our sponsors expect - there no way that RugbyWA would consider moving from Subiaco oval.

dead right,this is the crux of the matter

vCash
    The Vincent proposal does include some upgrades to corporate facilities- one would hope they would consult with RugbyWA about the needs for hosting Super 14 matches- surely it would be in thier interests to attract those games if at all possible.

vCash
    this sounds great and is a good idea, i would rather ME 25000 then subi.

i would like to see a stadium accually being built or something being done, the last few months have been all talk of new stadiums and upgrades. If this is going to go ahead then they should start now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8 View Post
    After a very short study and having ask nobody the only solution is
    TO RIOT until we get what we want!
    After all of your calls to riot and to wage urban warfare in general (and i'm all for it should diplomacy fail) i think you should change your siganture to

"Violance isn't the answer.......I got it wrong on purpose"

vCash
    Here is the article for the few that haven't read it yet

Members Equity $35m revamp to lure Super 14

Western Force would consider taking Super 14 games from Subiaco Oval to Members Equity Stadium under a Town of Vincent proposal to develop the rectangular venue.

The Town is preparing a business case to present to the State Government in the hope of securing $35 million to build new corporate facilities and increase the capacity by about 7000 to 25,000 to cater for both rugby codes and soccer during construction of the Subiaco Oval multi-purpose facility at Kitchener Park.

Vincent mayor Nick Catania said even after the State Government’s new 60,000-seat oval at Subiaco was built, there would still be a need for a smaller rectangular venue. “Blockbusters, big shows and football can make the new stadium viable,” Mr Catania said.

“Events that will attract 15,000 to 25,000 people must go to Members Equity.

“You can only guarantee the super stadium will be filled (regularly) for AFL. Isn’t it better (for other sports) to have a boutique venue like Members Equity Stadium where people can see and feel the action?”

Vincent wants to build a new grandstand with more corporate boxes opposite the existing grandstand, and to increase capacity with temporary seating.

It is understood that construction would take between nine and 12 months under one plan, that would reduce disruption to the venue’s main tenant, A-League soccer club Perth Glory.

Mr Catania said a business case would be completed in the next two months.

RugbyWA chairman Geoff Stooke said rugby would consider switching to the stadium if the development went ahead. “The reality is, a large percentage of our fans are unhappy with the viewing situation at Subi, so we are looking at a possible interim step for us,” Mr Stooke said. “It’s a long bow, but at the end of the day we think it may be something that can provide us with a bridge until the new stadium is ready.”

Minister for Sport and Recreation John Kobelke said the Government would welcome any viable business proposal after a previous $25 million allocation was put on hold pending a decision on Subiaco Oval.

“The fact that the new stadium will cater for rectangular sports means the State Government will now reassess any contribution and the extent of any changes to Members Equity Stadium,” Mr Kobelke said.

JONATHAN COOK

vCash
    We won't even have 15,000 members if we don't get a decent stadium. I agree with Jargs I would much rather be at members equity than Subi. There is more than enough room there for a couple of upgrades at MES making an ideal home for the force as we grow the facilities can grow with us.

Last edited by Badger; 25-02-08 at 19:59.
    War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    Let us see how many people go to the Force home games then add a good 20% to that figure for the guys that just doesn't like going to subi. This will tell you how many seats we need at the MES for a start

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast