Thread: Cheats don't prosper: McCaw

vCash

Cheats don't prosper: McCaw

Richie McCaw has dismissed talk of the Experimental Law Variations (ELVs) allowing breakdown cheats to prosper. Under the ELVs rugby referees can now award free-kicks instead of penalties at the post-tackle melee.

The practice can be open to abuse because it encourages players to keep infringing if they know they are not going to be penalised.

Crusaders skipper and openside flanker McCaw, however, says anything that attempts to produce clean ball and speed up possession is a bonus, reports Rugby Heaven.

Read more here:Cheats don't prosper

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Why am I laughing

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Let's face it the new laws are making McCaw on of the most deadliest weapons in Union Rugby

Pieter

vCash
    I don't know TQ1... but I'm laughing too.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Richie you make me laugh!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Richie will try and find a way.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Of course the biggest cheat is gonna say that, to deflect the fact that it is now easier to get away with infringing in the ruck...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Note well, he didn't mention that his favourite tactic of sliding in from the side is still available to those who have the world conned that they play an error free game!

C'mon the

vCash

loves the new laws..

Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Let's face it the new laws are making McCaw on of the most deadliest weapons in Union Rugby

Pieter
    i hope so pieter.. he's my fox fantacy capt...

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash

Cheater

Well yeah McCaw is probably the worlds biggest infringer in the world game, but don't the new EVLs also allow the ref to upgrade a free-kick infringment if he same play keeps infringing over and over? I saw that happen in the APC, so I thought it would be the same in the S14!

The only thing here is that in both the Froce games so far the RSA teams seem to just lay all over the ball once they have tackled and really don't try and move away at all, the "Cheaters" found that out the hard way, and it didn't seem like the refs don't give two S**ts about it at all!!

I guess only time will tell!!!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    I reckon you are onto something there...I noticed in the first game of the Tahs that the Sth African ref was always cautioning the players to roll away and in the end reverted to freekicks and then penalties in pretty good time...Since then i haven't seen any games other than the first round force match, so no real comparison to make, maybe need to get all refs to agree on what constitutes short-arm and long arm penalties( although i thought they had already)...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Champion
    vCash
    i just hope that the umpiries aren't "whistle happy" and play the game with stop start rugby, otherwise we can cross the border and watch league if we want stop start football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow View Post
    I reckon you are onto something there...I noticed in the first game of the Tahs that the Sth African ref was always cautioning the players to roll away and in the end reverted to freekicks and then penalties in pretty good time...Since then i haven't seen any games other than the first round force match, so no real comparison to make, maybe need to get all refs to agree on what constitutes short-arm and long arm penalties( although i thought they had already)...
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    i just hope that the umpiries aren't "whistle happy" and play the game with stop start rugby, otherwise we can cross the border and watch league if we want stop start football.
    OK, from a referee's perspective - including based on meetings we've had already:

For a start we are referees, not 'umpiries' benny.

Secondly, and more importantly, there are only a few infringements that draw a penalty (long arm). These include (i) offside and (ii) Law 10 Foul Play. Now, if a McCaw type continually infringes by not rolling away, whatever the original sanction is, repeated infringements is foul play and shall attract a penalty kick.

Bear in mind that not entering the tackle "through the gate" is not a new ELV and is considered to be offside, so it's a penalty (long arm). Always has been. The #6s and #7s have always pushed the envelope on this one and seem not to have mastered it yet. Also, one's entire body has to come throough the gate, including feet, legs, torso and head. This is where the McCaws and Burgers (when not suspended!) may come undone. They often do not actually move their upper body from the tackled player, or other players on the deck, and just shift their feet/legs through that gate. That's not good enough and we are likely to see them being pinged for that.

Well, I'd ping them for it when I finally get to S14 level from here in the west. In the meantime I'll keep shouting at the TV like everyone else....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Well, I'd ping them for it when I finally get to S14 level from here in the west. In the meantime I'll keep shouting at the TV like everyone else....
    ... we are so looking forward to you qualifying - in the meantime in this house the baby barrier stays to protect the TV when Richie McCaw plays

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    If that gets you shouting at the TV, I bet your missus doesn't let you watch late night Crusaders games!

C'mon the