Poll: How many Force players should be in Deans' first (starting 15) Wallabies squad?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many Force Players *should* make up Dean's first Wallabies Squad?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

How many Force Players *should* make up Dean's first Wallabies Squad?

I was going to add a more cynical "How many Force players "will" make up Dean's Wallabies squad but thought we shouldn't give him a hard time until he deserves it (apart from being teh Crusaders coach that is)....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    OK to explain the ten.....I looked at the certainties

That'd be Sharpie, Gits, Drew and Shep (Assuming they're fit of course)

Then I looked Positionally
    At least one front rower should get there because no other front row can fight their way out of a wet paper bag ATM
    We've got one lock, and Tom's a bit young yet
    Two Back Rowers at least (Bamm Bamm and Scotty Fava on form, bur Brownie is way up there, geez there's so many there!
    Chuckie is BY A MILE the best Aussie halfback out there, I counted him (He SHOULD be ther, but probably won't)
    Gits was counted at 10
    We've got ALL the good centres in Oz we'll get both of them
    and Two of Three outside backs are already there

Maybe optimistic that Shep will beat Latho, but I reckon with Latho leaving, and Shep being ready it's time

That's ten!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it'll be much more clear on Monday. If/when the boys flog the Saders then Deans will be ticking boxes.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OK to explain the ten.....I looked at the certainties
    That'd be Sharpie, Gits, Drew and Shep (Assuming they're fit of course)
    Then I looked Positionally
    At least one front rower should get there because no other front row can fight their way out of a wet paper bag ATM
    We've got one lock, and Tom's a bit young yet
    Two Back Rowers at least (Bamm Bamm and Scotty Fava on form, bur Brownie is way up there, geez there's so many there!
    Chuckie is BY A MILE the best Aussie halfback out there, I counted him (He SHOULD be ther, but probably won't)
    Gits was counted at 10
    We've got ALL the good centres in Oz we'll get both of them
    and Two of Three outside backs are already there

Maybe optimistic that Shep will beat Latho, but I reckon with Latho leaving, and Shep being ready it's time
    That's ten!
    Assuming we are talking about a 30 man squad....

Yeah I think you can count Sharpie, Gits, Drew and Shepherd as definites. Given a lack of quality inside centres Scotty Staniforth is hard to look past which makes about 5. Cross is a strong possiblity depending on Mortlock's fitness. I think Gareth Hardy and at least one of Tai McIsaac or Luke Holmes will get brought in. I think George Smith and Phil Waugh are too entrenched in the Wallabies for Pocock until say the Spring tour but I think he'll get a good run in Australia A (unless Laurie Fisher runs it again and picks only Brumbies, boo!). I have a feeling that Horua will hit some red hot form soon (how good was he against the Lions in only his second Super 14 match in about 4 years and given he was a little unfit) and out do Stephen Hoiles (who is a little light of frame) and Wycliff Palu (who is great when he's good but useless when he's not). I'm sorry to disagree with you GIGS20 but Chucky while having done great for us so far hasn't shown much in terms of a kicking or running game. I don't know if he has the dynamism for international rugby but having said that I wasn't sure if he would cope in the Super 14 and he made me eat my words. Perhaps if Chris O'Young has a great back end of the season he'll get a call up. So I make 8 out. And you can bet your sweet ass that Laurie Fisher aside the Force will make up some serious numbers in the Australia A squad.

Ohh starting XV... well hmm I'm going to go with 4.

Last edited by James; 06-03-08 at 06:46. Reason: Misread the poll

vCash
    Just as an aside what is it with Deans and his new Chopper Read facial hair?

Has he decided to relate a bit more with the Aussie crowd by turning into a bogan?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Just as an aside what is it with Deans and his new Chopper Read facial hair?

Has he decided to relate a bit more with the Aussie crowd by turning into a bogan?
    Aussie crowd yes, but more specifically the NSW contingent of the Aussie crowd. Maybe he's trying to win some cred with Kurtley Beale.

vCash
    I hear you with Chucky James, I do think he's just passed the ball to Gits and let it happen, once he gets the confidence to threaten at the Ruck base, we'll see the finishing pick up a lot more...however I wasn't saying he'd be competitive in International rugby, I was saying he's the best out of what's on offer in Oz.....Look at what he's competing with! the only possible contender is Burgess, and he's got less experience!

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Purely based on the money the ARU have spent on them at least 5 or 6 Tahs will be in the starting lineup. then a lot from the Brumbies (cause its really part of NSW in the selectors minds, then 4 Force players and 2 from Qld to keep them happy.
    Only after the first half will it dawn on Deans that "shit, these guys are over paid toss pots - get me the reserves list"

vCash
    The poll said SHOULD hopep not WILL

My answer would've been three for a will Sharpie (Contract renewed and ARU say he's vital), Gits (best player in Oz at the moment, Drew (If they haven't realised the stupid error they made leaving him out of the RWC Quarter final by now they're dumber than even I give them credit for)

Shep will miss out in favour of Latham, Our backrow will be ignored in favour of Smith, Waugh and Hoiles or Palu, Our Front row will be passed over in favour of a combination selection from either NSW or QLD regardless of performance....there is an outside chance of a brumby front rower cracking a slot if there is a single stand out player.

As for the centres, 'the evil wizard Stirlock Mortling' has a mortgage on 13 and the selectors will pick someone in poofy blue at 12, probably justifying TimTams salary before he's ready for international rugby!

Have I missed anything?

C'mon the

vCash
    I'm heading for 7:
    Gits, Sheps, Mitch, and Sharpie as probables.

BamBam, Cross and Brown as possibles.

vCash
    In Grumble's article this morning the names Takiari and Whalley actually made an appearence vis-a-vie the future of the Wallabies scrum/front row (can't remember). Before you all die of shock, he was quoting Michael Foley, not expressing his own opinion

New Dawn for Wallabies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    In Grumble's article this morning the names Takiari and Whalley actually made an appearence vis-a-vie the future of the Wallabies scrum/front row (can't remember). Before you all die of shock, he was quoting Michael Foley, not expressing his own opinion
    I agree with Whalley, Takiari I don't rate....he collapses too often and seems a bit weak...a true graduate of the Tah school of scrummaging

vCash
    Beat me to the punch there BLR, I think AJ is by far our best performed front rower, even better than the hookers IMHO. He certainly deserves consideration, his scrummaging is the most consistently strong and agressive of pretty much the entirety of the country, he's also getting around the park well, defending strongly at the breakdown and has made some threatening runs.

Takiari is probably our third prop, not our second, I'm a bit surprised to her his name. Did Boof not get a mention because it was talking about up and comers?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    1. Gits
    2. Sharpe
    3. Shep
    4. Drew
    5. Crossy
    6. Fava
    7. AJ

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Takiari is probably our third prop, not our second, I'm a bit surprised to her his name. Did Boof not get a mention because it was talking about up and comers?
    Presumably, but I think AJs only about 2 years younger, not sure about Takiari. I was just excited to see someone thinking beyond the Baxter-Dunning prop combination

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast