Thread: Chat Report 05-03-08

vCash

Chat Report 05-03-08

Wednesday kicked off my first chat night experience….so forgive me if this turns out a little different to usual.

Chat wasn’t busy this week, it began before the sun even started to set of our much loved non-rectangular stadium, Subi Oval.

So I was going to say not many made it to chat this week, but the list seems to be longer than I thought;
    Mtbeaver
    Flamethrower
    Blueandblack
    Jargan
    Badger
    Oxleymoron
    Thequeerone
    Swee
    Pruc
    Neogirl
    Benny
    Jess
    GIGS
    TLH
    Coach
    Slomo
    Kenya Quin
    Qld Supporter
    Travelling Gerry
    Daisy
    Jazza
    NewsBot
    Bread
    Laura
    Force Addict
    Exile

Chat started when blueandblack checked the tyres and wheeled the drinks trolley around. A little bit of election talk thrown in at the beginning, before MtBeaver left blueandblack in charge and expecting a topic on his return….the ‘TWF “We don’t know what’s happening” Chat’. This soon turned to discussion on blueandblack’s homebrew and Oxley’s upcoming Perth visit.

Next came the ice-cream cart which soon turned to a cake cart before the topic of discussion turned to the petition and Sunday’s pre-game drinks. More people began to roll on it to the chat at a pretty steady rate, including Jess who is sick…get well soon Jess .Again topic back to alcohol and the Rivervale hotel, as blueandblack put it ‘do you like blonde Swedish chicks serving you? They have a couple, who may be sisters’.
    Again comes the cart, this time with mud cake. Slomo then joins the chatroom and gets a ‘special mention as our beloved TWF Tipping Competition Benefactor’ and neogirl continues eating mud cake and chocolate.
    Conversation moves to the legendary tipping competition prize…a signed Western Force jersey, kindly donated by Slomo and including signatures from Brendan Cannon and Matt Henjak. The TWF/6PR competition is mentioned….don‘t enter now, phones lines are NOT open yet…and the 6PR interview with Sharpie that was instead a 6PR interview with John Stephenson.

John O’Neil’s proposal for a Japanese Super14 team gets a mention…and a laugh or two. Beware John O’Neil, don’t poach our players!!!! We have just signed Sharpie and hoping to get Gits’ pen to our paper.

Back to our all time favourite issue…Subi Oval seating. Where is everyone sitting for the game? If you’re wondering check out Western Force Rugby Supporters Site Crowd of about 30,000 expected for Sunday’s game and apparently Gold seating will be available to the public.

Next topic to chew the fat on…food! Raffle tickets will be on sale, at the pre-game bbq, so buy up big and you could win a meat tray! Everyone seems to be having steak for dinner tonight so I’m sure a meat tray wouldn’t go a stray.

Next comes autokick….Daisy and GIGS can’t figure out if autokick is on…GIGS uses this as an opportunity to insult Daisy...turns out autokick is off.
    Coach decides to email all TWF members and Jazza so eloquently words it but is soon autokicked for his suggestion, which is apparently working again.

I finally manage to get into the chatroom next and the barrage of questions begins….what does this do, what’s that for? Thanks to all who answered my persistent questions. I soon learnt that not much Rugby actually gets talked about in the TWF chat room and soon enough around comes the drinks cart. Not too much longer and another newbie Force Addict joins the chat. I soon learn the art of how to assault people…what a skill to have in the chatroom…and I soon get the nickname of ‘Gordon Freeman’ from blueandblack.

So from here chat night slowly ended, with Flamethrower and I leaving Badger to lock up at 11:23pm.

Thanks to all who made it to chat night & see you on Sunday!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great report Laura, better than my unusually wordy attempts!

C'mon the

vCash
    yours is longer than that??? Thats crazy!

Oh and apologies for not including memorable quotes!

vCash
    Great stuff laura, classy chat report

vCash
    You're an absolute lifesaver Laura. A thanks for your efforts.

I was pretty crook Wednesday night so spent most of the night curled up in bed feeling sorry for myself and couldn't manage more than a mere one hour at chat. I hate missing chat. Since then I've pretty much been working or studying 24-7 and Matty kindly asked Laura to do the report and she's done a ripper of a job. Careful, might become a permanent thing.

Looks like I missed a good night too. Will load up on vitamins before next Wednesday so I'm right as rain.

Thanks again Laura. Top work!!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    good report all round.......

vCash
    Thanks Laura.

Almost feels like I was there.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Great job Laura

Whose idea was it to put chat night, the same night as students night at the pubs anyway?

vCash
    wonderful job. well done.

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography