Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
Force lose Hardy for a month

March 11, 2008 WESTERN Force prop Gareth Hardy is expected to be out of Super 14 action for at least four weeks after being diagnosed with ankle ligament damage.

Hardy was replaced in the 65th minute after twisting his ankle in a scrum during the loss to the Crusaders at Subiaco Oval.

An MRI scan has confirmed the 27-year-old suffered ligament damage and he'll miss the team's two-match tour of New Zealand for games against the Blues and the Highlanders.

Force team doctor Peter Steele said it was hard to pinpoint recovery time for injuries like Hardy's.

"Gareth's injury is very similar to a Syndesmosis sprain which can be difficult to assess at the early stages as to how long his recovery period will be," said Steele.

"He will wear a supportive boot for about ten days and he'll hopefully be back running in three weeks."

AAP
I suffered a grade 2 or grade 3 ankle sprain in July last year... partially to fully torn ligaments across the top of my ankle and it is still giving me problems now.

I was barely able to walk for 3 weeks. Bloody hospital just said it was a 'bad' sprain and didnt even bother to send me off for xrays or a scan. And they didnt even give me crutches to hobble around on

Hopefully Hardy's is nowhere near that bad...