Thread: Pastor claims Fiji rugby been cursed

vCash

Question Pastor claims Fiji rugby been cursed

A curse has been placed on Fiji's rugby sevens side because they dropped their long time star Waisale Serevi, a leading Methodist pastor claims.

But the curse may disappear with the naming of a new captain, Marika Vunibaka, the Fiji Times reports.

Methodist Church Reverend Apete Toko said the people of Fiji's Lomaiviti district had been hurt by Serevi's loss. The team has not been winning either.

"For a while now many rugby fans were depressed about what happened to Serevi and because of this curses followed the team from the beginning of the series."

Toko told an Easter Service that rugby needs now to seek the forgiveness of Serevi and the people of his district, Lomaiviti. The curse was now a burden.

"I told the boys that they need confession, to ask for forgiveness from Serevi, the people of Lomaiviti and the many fans who have rugby at heart," he said.

"The boys could feel the intensity of the curse that had followed them throughout the series.

"I believe Serevi wouldn't have personally cursed the team but many others cursed the team. The heart of this nation was no longer with them and they didn't have any blessing.

"Hurting someone's feelings can be powerful as you're hurting one's spirit and I'm not only talking about Fijians.

"We asked the team to stand at the altar and we offered a prayer of confession, asking God to release and forgive the players of all that transpired."

Players in the team before had to endure the guilt of management dropping Serevi.

"If they can release themselves from the loop, they will be liberated to play their hearts out, with the blessing of the people."

Toko told the Fiji Times everybody was happy that Vunibaka * who used to play for the Canterbury Crusaders * was now captain.

"It was indeed a wise decision that lifted the spirit of the people of Lomaiviti and the many hearts that were hurt when Waisale Serevi was dropped from the team."

He said Vunibaka had strong traditional ties with the sevens wizard.

Serevi and Vunibaka are both sons of Gau who have skippered the national sevens side.

"Marika's selection as captain is the icing on the cake before he hangs his boot," Toko said.

"Fiji needs this win for the unity of this nation."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brother Gallagher I hear you

Apprentice
    vCash
    Serevi should have hung up his boots years ago,it was like watching an aged boxer trying over and over to recapture his youth,actually he eroded his legendary reputation quite a bit toward the end there.

vCash
    True Speedball, but try telling a Fijiian that!

I would suggest you check how fast the Fijiian can run first!

C'mon the