Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force snatch victory at the death

vCash
    offical Man of the Match was Gitts wrong according to TLH it was Habana

Edge of the Seat thing all the way - can't be a game at Subi unless we get a result in the dying minutes - the crowd was wonderful tonight we were all there for the Lads -
    EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE RULE AT SUBI AGAIN

no more Hoodoo talk - think the only hoodoo the Journos have now is beating the Stormers

Asked Scotty Fava how it felt to be sent off for nothing - he laughed and said it was for nothing - looking forward to the rerun to see Stanners and Mitchell go into the scrum again - bet the front row will be suggesting some drills for the backs this week

On the 6pr commentry when AJ went off for blood bin - Jimmy Hilgendorf started taking the mick saying that AJ doesn't do contact very funny - we are lucky with our lads hope we can keep em all

Can't wait for next week

CARN the

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Thequeerone; 05-04-08 at 18:27.
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Am so proud to see the young players in the Force that Mitchell has put his faith in standing up and making the most out of each opportunity.

As far as Gits goes he was (and still is) worth every cent!

Overcoming the Bull @ Subi was a huge psychological win for the Force - you beauty!

vCash
    Unfortunately a few people left near where i was sitting

suck s**t loosers, that will teach you for leaving before the end

reminds me of the game against the Hurricanes when people started leaving

Last edited by jargan83; 05-04-08 at 08:42.

vCash
    awesome!!! well done boys!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Unfortunately a few people left near where i was sitting

suck s**t loosers, that will teach you for leaving before the end

reminds me of the game against the Hurricanes when people started leaving
    our first home game much? my whole section left, and then we won, and the next week the guy was like, IM NEVER LEAVING AGAIN

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    I thought Pocock had a MASSIVE game. especially when he chased down Ngungane the wing, just as he was racing off to score a try, and bascially made a try-saver. And i swore my heart stopped when i saw Holmes lose control of the ball before Cross cleaned it up. Well Done Lads.

A pity we didnt see Dane Haylett-Petty make his debut yesterday.

vCash
    pocock was great! i thought cummins was good too, his catching is terrific!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Champion
    vCash
    Hope we can keep Pocock. I asked him if he was staying or going and he said it should be sorted sometime next week. I told him he would never find a place as good as perth and he laughed, but with Salvi deciding to stay with the Brumbies the Reds are going even harder for Pocock and I get the feeling he will go which will be a huge lose for us with the way he has been playing. I put him on a level with Gits in his importance to the Force.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Force boss pleased with attitude

from Sportal > Rugby Union > News

The skill and execution may not have been tip top but Western Force coach John Mitchell was as pleased as punch with his charges' attitude following the Force's thrilling 15-14 win over the Bulls at Subiaco Oval on Friday night.

The Bulls led 14-3 at half-time, but a Matt Giteau try in the 42nd minute and a five-pointer to winger Ryan Cross with just 95 seconds left on the clock lifted the Force to their fifth win of the season and their first triumph at home in 2008.

Mitchell was scathing following last week's dismal 32-16 loss to the Stormers but, despite another somewhat scrappy contest, the coach said he was pleased with the response shown against the Bulls.

"We won ugly tonight but in saying that we started off with the right tempo in the game," he said.

"Things didn't fall our way. We gave them some free ball which allowed them to lead. But the attitude was terrific."

"We just needed to mount pressure and we did it together tonight, whereas last week we were disjointed dealing with the arm-wrestle."

Despite the Force trailing for the majority of the match, skipper Nathan Sharpe was confident his team would prevail.

"Both of their (the Bulls') tries were pretty opportunistic. Apart from the bounce of the ball they didn't really look like scoring against us," he said.

"We knew how to grind that one out in the second half and I think with 30 minutes to go, we had them on the ropes, it was just a matter of finishing them off."

"We played ugly but the pleasing thing was there was no panic. We still made mistakes but the guys dealt with it. The attitude was right tonight."

Sharpe admitted last week's loss to the Stormers had burned deep in the players' minds.

"The guys were nervous before the game tonight . . . last week we were very disappointing so the guys were keen to get back on track," he said.

"We had a young team and I think they probably started reading the press during the week talking about the (home ground) hoodoo and all the rest of it."

"But at the end of the day, it's about performing well and we performed well with attitude tonight - maybe not so much (in terms of) skill and execution - but if the attitude's right that's 99 per cent of the battle."

"We're a team that plays for 80 minutes and we certainly showed that tonight."

The Bulls' fourth loss on the trot leaves the defending champions with just 10 points to their name after eight rounds.

Although the Bulls play four of their final five matches at home, coach Frans Ludeke conceded his team's chances of earning a semi-finals berth were over.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    "We're a team that plays for 80 minutes and we certainly showed that tonight."

DAMN STRAIGHT! What a heart-stopper!
    Much praise to the lads for playing every. last. second!
    And I'm with jargs - PPPPPBBBBBTTTTT to the early leavers. You suck.

And -

WOOHOO!!!!!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    I can not understand how that tosser from the bulls didn't get sent of for the tackle on Crossy...I heard that tackle and when he hit the floor...yet Fava got sent off What a crock but didnt seem to affect our WIN too much.

And has anyone else noticed the pitch moving, in the first home game my seat was level with the try-line and this week it was level with the dead-ball line. Our WIN certainly made up for that though, here's to many more!

vCash
    When you think about it, it was exactly like our first home win... Except at the other end of the ground.

Drews two on one try saving tackle last night was brilliant too.

Go The Force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I can not understand how that tosser from the bulls didn't get sent of for the tackle on Crossy...
    The Referee was a ..... (all ready said before)

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    And has anyone else noticed the pitch moving, in the first home game my seat was level with the try-line and this week it was level with the dead-ball line.
    I think it was because they had already marked out their goal square for the western derby today.

Go The Force!

vCash
    Who cares about football. Mark out another goal square, I'll mark out the stupid thing if it means I get my try line back.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast