Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How about a sevens world cup and invite league

vCash
    I woluldn't mind seeing it, but it will never happen, like shasta said the selections would be pretty intesting to see.

I dunno prop, the fact that Rugby is seen only on Free to air TV 5 or 6 times a year definately needs fixing. I know that Pay TV dollars drive the game here in Australia but the game cannot to be expected to grow beyond it's traditonal areas without more exposure.

League is the dominant of the two rugby codes nationally thats for sure, it might not neccesarily have the support of the whole country but it definately owns NSW and QLD and there alot of people in those 2 states. It's on both free to air and Pay TV, the crowds arent great but their not s**house either. I don't think League needs help though thats for sure

The game itself doesnt need fixing, sure the new ELV add some spice but the game essentially is the same, i'm not saying this to have a go, just presenting an alternative opinion

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prop53 View Post
    Two codes two different ways of playing. Thats why their was a split to start with.
    Not really. Rugby league started purely as a breakaway rugby union competition - the rule changes only started coming later as they were looking for ways to differentiate the product and get more people through the gate. (For example, play-the-balls took over a decade to come in to the game...)

vCash
    Willie mason would be a stumbling wreck after 4 minutes in a sevens game!
    but then again so would players like Dunning and Rodzilla... I like sevens for its entertainment value but prefer the 15 man game for its varied play.

that being said i prefer playing sevens because of my slight build... never enjoyed being crash tackled by a 120 kg monster!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2