they are talking about privatising the teams, but overall the ARU would still be in control of who would be elegible, i think it is inevitible that import marquee players will be brought into australia S14 teams, hopefully to conicide with the addition of a 5th aussie team.

I agree that this should be limited to around 2 players in various positions. Also private equity does not mean that player development is going to be halted, alternatively we could see more money poured into securing the talented younger players before rugby league tries to sign them.

Also as someone said previously, most sport team owners do not buy them to make a profit, it is generally accepted that the team will run at a loss regardless of how well they go. Some owners just love the teams/sport so much they want to support it by buying a team, others see it as a status symbol and others see it as a good advertising avenue as well.

On top of that, i think most of the heirachy in australia(excluding the force) need a shake up, the state unions and the ARU need to have more restructures and reforms to make them most sucessful, similar to how good the WARU are. The best way to do this, is have a private equity inclusion into the organisation, they will tie up loose ends and cut away dead wood.