Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stevie moore

vCash

stevie moore

the force should sign him up, on the strength of tonights performance, good ball carrying, safe pair of hands, good line-outs. just look at the reds first ( dodgy as ) try he took the line out throw and joined the maul straight away for extra push..........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    both hookers had good games tonight

vCash
    I like Steve Moore, but if we had him would one of our boys dropped?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I like Steve Moore, but if we had him would one of our boys dropped?
    yip, i think mcissacs got a year left.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    the force should sign him up, on the strength of tonights performance, good ball carrying, safe pair of hands, good line-outs. just look at the reds first ( dodgy as ) try he took the line out throw and joined the maul straight away for extra push..........
    We have enough Reds in the team thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    We have enough Reds in the team thank you
    if their good enough it doesn't matter where you come from.......

vCash
    if their good enough it doesn't matter where you come from.......
    thats the difference between the force and NSW/QLD.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Unless I misunderstand what you mean how is that the difference between the Force and NSW/QLD? You guys recruit from each other ALL the time. Latham used to be a Waratah, so did Turinui and Leroy Houston (in fact there are so many I don't have the time to name them all). And in the Waratahs: They recruited Wendell from the Reds and Josh Valentine and Tuqiri was originally a Queensland Leaguie.

The only interpretation that makes sense is that we try to recruit good players and you guys always seem to end up with a fair bit of deadwood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Unless I misunderstand what you mean how is that the difference between the Force and NSW/QLD? You guys recruit from each other ALL the time. Latham used to be a Waratah, so did Turinui and Leroy Houston (in fact there are so many I don't have the time to name them all). And in the Waratahs: They recruited Wendell from the Reds and Josh Valentine and Tuqiri was originally a Queensland Leaguie.
    hey im not arguing that these states recruit from other states, rather that these states would rather develope there own talent where possible. You cant replace the experience that Turinui brought to the team, Eddie Jones left a legacy of interstate recruits that i think most qlders would consider not needed.

The only interpretation that makes sense is that we try to recruit good players and you guys always seem to end up with a fair bit of deadwood.
    haha so thats why the force lost to both NSW and QLD?

vCash
    hey im not arguing that these states recruit from other states, rather that these states would rather develope there own talent where possible. You cant replace the experience that Turinui brought to the team, Eddie Jones left a legacy of interstate recruits that i think most qlders would consider not needed.

We have gone from having a pretty low key amateur scene to having a professional rugby team, we need time to develop to make the changes...the WARU has a long history but have been in a strong Aussie Rules supporting state, plus the distance from the hotbeds of the Eastern states have stunted our development up to the point where we are at the moment...give us a few years, we are developing our own talent and speaking as a person who grew up in a state where there was no real pathway to go in rugby, the motivation will be ten fold to kids coming through the ranks.....you've had 100+ years of top level rugby, we've had 3...give us time...

vCash
    WA is a AFL state, believe it or not. So WA is more reknown for producing good AFL players.

In terms of rugby, yes, i admit we lack the players to play Super 14. yet, we have produced some players eg John Welborn, Adam Wallace Harrison, and James Stannard(though i dont rate him too highly).
    Correct me if im wrong, but the WA Argonaut Gold team has been a dominant force in the inter state championships and have been winning for the past few years, until it was shut down due to the now defunct ARC. But WA does have a growing and developing pool of players. And many of it is thanks to the force. They have increased involvement in rugby and have been great in transforming footy player kids to rugby plaing kids. I can vouch for it myself with the team i coach, with about 3/4 of it never having played rugby before but giving it a shot. So give it some time, and we'll start producing more players. hey, we've already thrown in Dane H-P and Keiran longbottom. There'll be a couple more in soon i think. I hear Barry mansfield has been awarded a level 2 academy contract, so there's another wa player coming up the ranks.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That really doesn't have much to do with it at all. There is at least 30 players in a squad but only 22 needed for a game. Phil Mooney admitted it himself that there is deadwood in the Reds team that were recruited by his predecessors that he didn't want. As for the Waratahs you don't need to go far past Tahu to see a monumental waste of time and money.

vCash
    its a global game nowadays mate and the mighty dollar rules, if a player is offered a good enough financial deal and first team rugby most players will take it.......if youre team was to sign the best 15 available players in the world, win every game that season, would you really turn round and say " i don't want them because they aint from around here!!"

vCash
    its a global game nowadays mate and the mighty dollar rules, if a player is offered a good enough financial deal and first team rugby most players will take it.......if youre team was to sign the best 15 available players in the world, win every game that season, would you really turn round and say " i don't want them because they aint from around here!!"
    thats true, i would probaly be as happy as pie, though on the other hand i would still rather see the talent developed rather then poached. Considering QLD is sitting on top of the 2nd biggest talent pool in the country there should be no need to poach from other states. In saying that, i do have no problem with poaching a player who was originally a queenslander.

Though i suppose in professional rugby there really isnt much room for the whole sentiment value to be kept, its either sink or swim.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I would argue that QLD is sitting on the biggest talent pool in Australia. The best I think the Force could have hoped, and I'm sorry if anyone disagrees, for bringing professional rugby to WA was to start producing our own talent in 3 years. Fact is that the only local young players who would be up to standard are the ones who have spent time with the Force program in the academy. We have a handful of teenage guys who will start playing soon (including two props- fingered crossed hey?) and we won't need to rely as much on importing players.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast