Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tough call but maybe Latham should go?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    He has had his day. No time for sentiment in the Wallabies camp. All games should be geared towards developing a team for Bledisloe and RWC glory so that means experimenting with young blood.
    As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with you on this Chook

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Its hard to look good in a shitzen team though, unless you are Gits. That rule applies to all teams except the Waratahs, who pretty much rock in all positions and are the best team in the universe.
    Ahh well, at least we are still a financially beneficial team, unlike a certain powder puff team.(clutching at straws but that's all I have at the moment. )

As for the previous quote about having his time in the sun....can Dunning be a part of that too please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Mods can you fix the title please...it is meant to say 'go' on the end.

Thanks
    Yup no worries. Done

On latho...it pains me to say it too but games should be orientated to focus on a new team. Having said that, I don't think Latho is passed his use by date. I think if his knee holds up then he will make it to the next world cup. But that is a big if...I don't see any reason to exclude him entirely but it may be worthwhile beginning in some new blood as well. he will still be essential in the short term in training these new recruits

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    latho, if fully fit should be picked no questions asked.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    On latho...it pains me to say it too but games should be orientated to focus on a new team. Having said that, I don't think Latho is passed his use by date. I think if his knee holds up then he will make it to the next world cup. But that is a big if...I don't see any reason to exclude him entirely but it may be worthwhile beginning in some new blood as well. he will still be essential in the short term in training these new recruits
    ....we don't want Latham to turn into another Gregan....better for him to leave with his legacy in tact...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    ....we don't want Latham to turn into another Gregan....better for him to leave with his legacy in tact...
    Nothing wrong with GG's legacy if you're implying otherwise. As for Latham, its the selectors and Coach's decision. While I support the idea that Sheps and Gerrard should fight it out, it should not be a given. There's still a few weeks to go of S14 as well as weeks of training, let them prove they are not the best of the rest but really the best there is.

vCash
    As far as i'm concerned Gregan was still the best scrum half in the comp when he was playing last year.... Consequently I wanted him there and I feel the same way about Latho

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Nothing wrong with GG's legacy if you're implying otherwise. As for Latham, its the selectors and Coach's decision. While I support the idea that Sheps and Gerrard should fight it out, it should not be a given. There's still a few weeks to go of S14 as well as weeks of training, let them prove they are not the best of the rest but really the best there is.
    I'm just saying he would have been better to leave a few years earlier...would have spared himself alot of criticism and it would have been better to remember him forever as he was a few year ago, not the player who was slowing down and losing his edge...

vCash
    I'm just saying he would have been better to leave a few years earlier...would have spared himself alot of criticism and it would have been better to remember him forever as he was a few year ago, not the player who was slowing down and losing his edge...
    i agree with that. my dad said that greegs was much better about 3 or 4 years ago, and he was slower and older in the last few years and at the last RWC. but still a great player

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR
    Gregan was still the best halfback in australia last year and he deserved his spot.

latham is still the best fullback in the world so it will be hard to leave him out, im sure deans will do the right thing.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The answer Ella is seeking is the name of whatever Fullback is on his management books.

That person may be playing Thirds for Randwick but without a doubt he is the best person for the job.

vCash
    I struggle to see how Latham can honestly be included in a test team now. Past performance is just that. How many games as he played in the last 18 months. Sadly, as good as he is, he is an injury prone player, and can be hot and cold like most players.
    The Wallabies have been in a continuous "rebuilding" phase for way too long. We have an established fullback in Sheps, there are plenty of utility backs that can cover if required, and this holding on to players like Latho for posterity has got to stop. Gregan was NOT the best 9 we had, and it showed. Let's learn the lesson and get new blood in now.

vCash
    i think maybe put latham on the bench? he can have time, he's still got incredible skill, but, yea, we DONT want another gregan and shep and gerrad need to play as well. WHAT THE HELL HOW CAN YOU PUT LACHLAN TURNER ON THE WING AHEAD OF DREW! drew had SUCH a great world cup, he's been pretty good this season, a few uncertain moments, but on the whole he's been great! why would you put lachlan turner on the wing instead of drew! one tah on the wing is enough!

vCash
    everything needs to be in balance. If there is one Tah on the wing then the other wing needs to be a Tah as well. If there were no Tahs on the wings then things would be out of balance. Better to have the backline as Tah players and a few on the bench, just to be safe.

DrewShmoo can be on the call up list after the the kid who plays Randwick 3rd Grade.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkpapa View Post
    I struggle to see how Latham can honestly be included in a test team now. Past performance is just that. How many games as he played in the last 18 months. Sadly, as good as he is, he is an injury prone player, and can be hot and cold like most players.
    The Wallabies have been in a continuous "rebuilding" phase for way too long. We have an established fullback in Sheps, there are plenty of utility backs that can cover if required, and this holding on to players like Latho for posterity has got to stop. Gregan was NOT the best 9 we had, and it showed. Let's learn the lesson and get new blood in now.
    shep was injured for a large part of last season, but he was included in the test team....on his past performances...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast