Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cordingley may motor off to Grenoble

vCash
    thats why i said hummer.
    it would satisfy his small man complex.
    "they cant overlook a hasbeen for the wallabies if i rock up to a training session in this!"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, but the aura is lost if you have to ask for a leg up or pull out the kiddie chair to get in.

vCash
    nah man. i could see him pimpin' it out, with hydraulic side steps that fold out when he opens the door.
    and tahman in the back seat lying suggestivley for when he gets back in

Champion
    vCash
    pimp cordingley's car.. next segment on foxsports rugby show...

vCash
    MTV would pick it up as well.
    xibit comming to W.A and knocking on his door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    MTV would pick it up as well.
    xibit comming to W.A and knocking on his door.
    ....did the Force contract Cordingley?

On a side note I don't think jumping around like a madman yelling 'oh snaps! It's X-zibit, I can't believe it dawg!' as they do on Pimp my Ride will be good for Cordingleys knees...

vCash
    Cordingley signs with Grenoble
    By Daniel Pace
    April 30, 2008 IN a "bittersweet" day for the Queensland Reds, the Super 14 franchise lost their skipper Sam Cordingley but re-signed in-form winger Peter Hynes for an additional two years.

Cordingley, who is battling a lingering calf injury, will join French second division club Grenoble on a two-and-a-half year deal.

The Australia halfback has informed club officials of his decision, leaving a gaping hole in the Queensland leadership ranks for next season.

“It is disappointing,” Reds coach Phil Mooney said. “He is a senior player in what is a pretty young side. It was disappointing that we lose experience there.

“It's been one of those bittersweet days. Peter Hynes re-signed with us (until the end of 2010), so that was good news, but that's been soured to a degree by Sam going overseas.”

It's a big blow for the 10th-placed Reds, who will lose fullback Chris Latham and hooker Stephen Moore and possibly winger Clinton Schifcofske at the end of this season.

“We knew Chris was leaving so we started to put measures in place to groom the next generation of leaders within the team,” Mooney pointed out.

“With Sam being injured this year, that process was accelerated.

“I guess the French offer was pretty enticing to Sam and being his last contract and having a young family, it did come down to the best financial package.”

Cordingley's decision effectively ends the 32-year-old's Test career after 14 appearances for the Wallabies, mainly off the bench.

“The conversations I've had with him, he's got a pretty strong desire to play for the Wallabies and I know it's not something he took for granted,” Mooney said.

“I'm sure that would've made the decision (to play in France) even tougher.”

Mooney expects youngsters James Horwill, Berrick Barnes and Quade Cooper to fill the leadership void about to be left by the departures of Cordingley and Latham.

It is hoped Cordingley can make a comeback for Queensland's penultimate match against the Crusaders on May 10 while Latham is aiming to return the following week for the interstate grudge match against New South Wales.

“I guess we might get a little more out of those two because they've got such a short time left in the (Reds) jersey,” Mooney said.

Hynes, who made his Queensland debut in 2003, has scored 10 tries in 52 Super 14 appearances for the Reds, who take on the Blues at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

“I'm really enjoying my rugby with the Reds,” said Hynes. “Our backline is creating a lot of space which is tremendous for me as a winger.”

AAP

vCash
    shame .... id been thinking about buying shares in a QLD medical supplies business ......

vCash
    yeah dissapointing news, but great news that hynes signed for another 2 years, i think he has had a fantastic year, unfortunately in previous years he has being on the end of a reds backline that looked like a car crash, now with some decent players around him he is starting to show his potential.

vCash
    the boy said it from the start Oh What A Feeling

vCash
    Cordingley to leave Reds for France
    ABC - April 30, 2008, 8:42 pm

Queensland captain Sam Cordingley will leave the Reds at the end of the Super 14 season.

Cordingley has told the Queensland Rugby Union he wants to rejoin French club Grenoble.

The 32-year-old agreed to a two-and-a-half year deal that starts later this year, joining the exodus of southern hemisphere players moving to Europe.

"I guess the French offer was pretty enticing to Sam and being his last contract and having a young family, it did come down to the best financial package," Queensland coach Phil Mooney told Australian Associated Press.

Cordingley has played 14 tests for Australia, mostly off the bench, but was one of the leading candidates to take over the full-time role vacated by George Gregan, who retired from international rugby after last year's World Cup.

The Reds skipper has been ruled out of this week's Super 14 match against the Blues with a calf injury.

-*ABC/Reuters*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    "I guess the French offer was pretty enticing to Sam..."

nooo.. you just didn't give him a car

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    i for one back sammy 100%
    i recently turned my back on the waratahs cos they didnt give me a car!
    sam, dont look back, take the road less traveled and do it in a brand new car!
    viva le france!
    f@#k the waratahs!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Good to see you have seen the light WJ.

Now get rid of the poofy blue and come over to the REAL Blue.

vCash
    looking for a purple top as we speak, go the force! go the reds, go the actors!!!!!! lets make sure that a real aussie team wins the super 14 and not those bunch of cheating bastards in nsw!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast