Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nick Taylor reviews Western Force's 2008 season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Fulv speaks the truth. Listen to him.

Shame on you Zim, don't you know by now that i'm really not that serious? I am merely the mirror that illuminates the ridiculousness of reality.

I should work that 'constructive criticism will be appreciated' into a sig somehow...sort of like a public announcement for all and sundry on TWF. Any suggestions?
    i thought my refering you to moses' site would indicate that i was merely taking it to another level... i guess im not that good at piss taking

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Seems Gordon Ramsay knows you too Chook..just said something about headless chicken..made me smile..I like the idea of a headless Chook..

vCash
    NTP, champunisher is a good thing. You are a champunisher. And provider of much internet entertainment. Which is what we are here for.

Sorry about misquoting you but the opening was there and I took it. Hope you understand.
    i understand ...... ooooooo yes i understand

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You guys have the advantage of never having to travel huge distances like the SA / Kiwi teams do.
    Yes but we do have the disadvantage of having to travel a minimum of 3-4 hours to play any form of away game. You guys have Brisbane and Canberra at 1 hour or less away and you could make it to practically anywhere in NZ in 2 hours.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    i thought my refering you to moses' site would indicate that i was merely taking it to another level... i guess im not that good at piss taking
    Dare I say it...piss poor

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Force finished worse than last year
    You can keep chucking that bait out all you like, chooky. IF you can explain how a 7-6 (and a better percentage) record is worse than a 6-6 record. Don't bother to explain ladder standings. I understand how they come about.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yes but we do have the disadvantage of having to travel a minimum of 3-4 hours to play any form of away game. You guys have Brisbane and Canberra at 1 hour or less away and you could make it to practically anywhere in NZ in 2 hours.
    I suppose that's a point that you're not close to anywhere.. though they seem to group the away legs as tours - ie you'll only go to SA once and play three local games there, the a few at home followed by a Eastern Oz / Kiwi trip.

My point is that apart from the 6 home games which happens every second year, your draw wasn't that bad. I certainly wouldn't call it a HORROR draw. Starting a team in Perth you'd have to take on board that you're not close to anywhere.

Personally I reckon the hardest done by teams in terms of travel are the ones without a proper International airport like Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Durban, Pretoria, Canberra, Waikato and Dunedin.

--
    Sydney to Christchurch: 3:15
    Sydney to Wellington: 2:50

vCash
    Thanks for the feedback from the NSW boys, but don't forget - I was an avid Tahs supporter until the EWF came along. I lived in Sydney until I was 27, and I can assure you, I have flown to all the major NZ cities more than once, as well as Brisbane, Canberra and of course Perth many times over. The three eastern states sides have a far better run as far as flying to and fro between them and NZ. It is only an hour and a bit flight to Brisbane, even less to Canberra. The longest flight to NZ is Dunedin - 3.5 hours at worst.
    Every flight out of Perth is a 4 hour plus flight. Yes we had a 3 week home stretch, which we botched - but that 3 week home run was after 6 weeks away. Only 1 home game in the first 7 weeks of the comp. Hardly seems fair and equitable. Especially against the Crusaders. Be real Tah people. You have had a great year, ours started well and went pear shaped. My comments were put up as a general view of why things went pear shaped. Obviously great teams can overcome any obstacle. But it's amazing how little positive media the EWF receives from any traditional rugby commentators (Rugby Heaven, Inside Rugby etc), yet in only our third year, we have established ourselves as the number two rugby franchise in Australia. We are pushing through local talent. I look forward to the crowing again from Tahs and Reds next year when their "talent" pool evaporates. I would love to see all four sides in the finals, but it isn't going to happen for some time.
    So for our very vocal Tah's fans here, remember, what goes around comes around, and be well prepared to take the hits on the chin when your season next year has the potential for disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You can keep chucking that bait out all you like, chooky. IF you can explain how a 7-6 (and a better percentage) record is worse than a 6-6 record. Don't bother to explain ladder standings. I understand how they come about.
    You still finished worse than last year.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Does repeating the same crap with religious devotion have some kind of beneficial psychological effect for you chook????

See shasta's comment- last year we won 6 games, this year we won 7. It's been a while since I studied maths but I'm pretty sure the latter is a BIGGER number than the former.

vCash
    in 2007, you finished the season in 7th place.
    in 2008, you finished the season in 8th place.

As 8 is a BIGGER number than 7, you finished worse than last year.

It's not that hard.

vCash

It's not that hard.
    Ah well, at least we played some exciting rugby...the rest will come with time.....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

It's not that hard.
    That's just one of many metrics that could used to judge how well a team finishes in comparison to previous seasons. The fact that we had players who had worked through the local comps all the way up to Super 14 for the first time this year says to me that the franchise finished in a healthier position than previous years.

Rugby is alive and well in Western Australia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Rugby is alive and well in Western Australia.

vCash

It's not that hard.
    It ain't where we finished but how and guess what we finished with a win!!!!

that will be more than what you tahs supporters will be able to say after the weekend

The Sharks are going to eat you alive

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast