Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The game's almost up for Firepower

vCash
    Gits will leave! you all know he will! why would he want to waste the best years of his rugby playing life playing in a b grade side! he wants to play finals football and you cant balme him for that!

i mean, he is bored, he has nothing to do this weekend! if he played for the tahs he would at least have a bench to sit and watch beale play!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    WJ, go jack yourself off somewhere else.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    would but its far more entertaining here!

vCash
    Dude, I think you are getting to people here. Tsk tsk tsk, why are people so sensitive?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    waratahjesus thinks GTT is dull and boring and TWF rocks.

vCash
    I think Gits is getting ready for the international season, where Gits can play and Beale can, (no, not sit on the bench, he's not gonna make it) run water out to Gits when Gits takes the kicks.

vCash
    TWF would be an asset to GTT.

vCash
    i think norton knight would be in the wallabys ahead of gits! ive got a phto of gits bowing down to his awesomeness!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    Gits will leave! you all know he will!
    Firstly, what makes you think that this will encourage Gits to leave? Did you miss the part of the article which said...and i quote "if the Firepower money was not paid it 'would have a significant effect on the financial bottom line of the franchise but would not cause major distress'". Firepower is hardly the only sponsor throwing money at the Force. Have you forgotten that our sponsorship includes corporate powers such as emirates, ISC, MCF, Tooheys New, Vodafone, Woordside, Thrifty, Integrated Group etc. just to name a few. Not to mention that RugbyWA have been in negotiations to secure further sponsorship since the beginning of the season. I can assure you that given the current economic boom in WA (which i might add is funding your state right now) there is no shortage of corporate sponsors willing to throw money at the Force. Players will not leave for fear that WA cannot provide nice salary tops up, even if that is there prime interest.

Secondly, from a legal perspective, if Firepower are as doomed as the SMH are trying to make out, then in a worse case scenario where Firepower are forced to liquidate, secured contracts to third parties will be the first to be paid out. We can't predict the exact financial position of Firepower but it would be safe to assume that the Force would be in a reasonable position to lay claim on any funds available. If not, the slack is picked up elsewhere. If Gits and Sheps and Stanners etc were that worried about these payments those that have resigned would not have, and in Gits' case he would have walked out last season given how long SMH claims this has been going on for.

apology accepted! told you so! and al the other things i should be saying right now! but instead i will just go with, you can have kurtley and we will have gits! that should even things out!
    if he played for the tahs he would at least have a bench to sit and watch beale play!
    Make up your mind WJ. How can you say in one breath that your willing to give us kurtley in return for Gits, and then claim that if Gits did play for the Tahs he'd be on the bench? On this it would seem that you are arguing that you are prepared to give us someone you believe is an A grade player in favour of taking someone you believe is a B grade player. If that's your intention then suits me fine....it is nice to know you've finally recognised that the Force is a better team than the Tahs and consequently far more appealing for elite players...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Great write up Jehna, but I think you would have lost WJ after the first sentance.

Maybe you could use smaller words and spread it out over 5 or 6 posts. Then he might get some of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    I can assure you that given the current economic boom in WA (which i might add is funding your state right now) there is no shortage of corporate sponsors willing to throw money at the Force.
    Forgot to thank you for your mining boom that's "funding" NSW. Perhaps you can now pay your share of GST revenue rather than continue to have your services be funded by NSW and VIC.

NSW contribute 34% and recoup 28% of the nations GST. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
    http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2006/s1581623.htm

vCash
    C'mon Moses, not sure we want to head down this path, we get enough of that in the papers and telly. Lets get back to the rugby.

vCash
    i would take gits over beale, but beale aint going to want to go to a club that cant pay him! and gits does his best work lying down anyway, so i would only have him around for moral support! say someone got hurt he could do his michael jackson impersonation to cheer them up!

as far as recognising the force is a better team!!!! what the f......(sorry forgot were in kiddiwinks land for a second!) what did you finish? who did you beat? ohhhhhh sorry!

i'm just here to give you guys a differant perspective on rugby! a winning one, one day if your lucky they might expand the finals to 8 or 9 teams and you guys might scrape in and get to play a round of the post season and then knowing what i know will come in handy for preparing yourselves!

you see, this weekend im going to watch my team play in the grand final! what are you doing? lodging papers to recoup money from firepower? well that sounds like fun to! have a good one!

vCash
    Good point KQ, don't want to turn into politicians. Just when I hear the 'we fund your state' bollocks, well..

Anyways, to the rugby.. can't wait to get over the Christchurch and get some fush n chups

vCash
    You see, this weekend im going to watch my team play in the grand final! what are you doing? lodging papers to recoup money from firepower? well that sounds like fun to! have a good one!
    Correction:
    You see, this weekend im going to watch my team getting humiliated in the grand final!
    ...and you know what they say about 2nd place.......1st LOOOSER!!!

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast