Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Subi lease deadlock hits plans for stadium

vCash

Subi lease deadlock hits plans for stadium

Subi lease deadlock hits plans for stadium

29th May 2008, 9:00 WST

Fresh doubts have emerged over Perth’s proposed $1.1 billion stadium because of a new deadlock in talks between the AFL and the WA Football Commission over the terms for the surrender of the lease of Subiaco Oval. Read more..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    The WAFL have been caught holding the ball.

Free kick to a Rectangular Stadium

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    The Government has the power to legislate this problem out of existence. The WAFL got its undeserved special position for nothing. What the Lord giveth...

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    The Government don't have the balls to stand up to the WAFL/AFL.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    These meetings between Kobelke, Alexander, Demetriou and the WAFC are the main factor that raised doubts about the process for me in the first place. The WAFC obviously has a great lever with that ridiculously generous lease and that raised concerns at what they have already squeezed from the Government. Alarm bells should be ringing louder than ever now if they are still being allowed to squeeze a bit more.

Maybe I'm paranoid about it, but why are the details secret? What details of the negotiations have been available to other interested parties?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    the Lord giveth...

Does the Lord have a lisp?

At then end of the day - Australian Rules Football is the number 1 sport in WA by a long country mile - of course there will be a deal. I just dont understand why it needs to be secret.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    At then end of the day - Australian Rules Football is the number 1 sport in WA by a long country mile - of course there will be a deal. I just dont understand why it needs to be secret.
    Because the AFL are evil buggers.

vCash
    Whats wrong with AFL?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Whats wrong with AFL?
    Thier imperialistic way of doing things, I mean, they are looking to crush league in West Sydney, you'll be affected by that.

As for over here the WAFC have basically derailed our promise from the government for a rectangular stadium to get thier own stadium build, and now they refuse to allow it to be done unless they pretty much have 100% control with financial incentives so that they continue thier saturation of WA sport...let them rot I say.

(And don't be surprised the AFL will begin to kick up a fuss if the government doesn't give the WAFC huge concessions)

On a side note, why are AFL doing the negotiation with the WAFC while the government sit back and watch? Who's the ones making the decisions here? Absolute muppets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post

(And don't be surprised the AFL will begin to kick up a fuss if the government doesn't give the WAFC huge concessions)
    They already have huge concessions- underwriting any potential losses incurred by having to relinquish the lease for one! Biggest sport in the state (by a long way) and they still go crying, cap in hand, to a government that clearly has the backbone of a jellyfish.

vCash
    There is nothing wrong with AFL. What is wrong is the favourable treatment they receive from Government, the cosy secret deals, the nepotism, the direct access to the very top of government to the exclusion of others, the conspiracy of Government and media to conceal AFL's abuse of its priviledged position as controller of a taxpayer owned asset, the very existence of this ability to control, and the obscenity of the Government expending further funds to support and indeed expand this disgusting situation into the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    They already have huge concessions
    They want complete ownership with the ability to claim rent, like at Subi.
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    There is nothing wrong with AFL.
    You say there is nothing wrong with AFL then go onto list all the things that they do which are very wrong things to do.

I am of the opinion since the government folded over the stadium issue that the AFL knows EXACTLY what they are doing and all these government concessions come from significant pressure from the AFL and AFL related bodies.

I think it was the Sweeney report that said that last year or whatever 57% of Australians were AFL supporters while 51% were Football supporters. You can't argue that newspapers and governments follow what the people want, it's where the money and pressure comes from, and that is from the AFL.

Look at thier bid to buy Aussie stadium, obviously for thier West Sydney bid and so they could bleed NRL dry, they are a bunch of leeches, the lot of them.

vCash
    I think he meant AFL, the game, BLT....

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Thanks, chook. Yes, people can chose to play or support whatever football code they want. But no sport should be able to have an unfair advantage or control over any other.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    I think he meant AFL, the game, BLT....
    Oh, I meant the administration of it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast