Thread: 'Gutted' Evans to seek early release

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

'Gutted' Evans to seek early release

'Gutted' Evans to seek early release
    By MARC HINTON - RugbyHeaven | Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Dumped All Black first five Nick Evans says he's "gutted" about his omission from Graham Henry's wider training squad and is now looking to negotiate a release from his NZRU contract to head to the UK early.

Evans has signed a deal to play with Harlequins in the English Premiership through until 2011, but was committed to staying and seeing out his New Zealand commitments this year.

For more: 'Gutted' Evans to seek early release - Rugby news & coverage - Stuff.co.nz

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Whats with all these hissy fits? It must be catching from all these Force fans on the web getting their panties in a knot caused by an alcoholic Tahs supporter. Shitza!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    I don't know how he has the gall to complain. He's heading off overseas for the big cash -- why on earth would the All Black selectors tie up a place on the team for him when he's not going to put anything back into New Zealand rugby? Let some young bloke have a chance who is going to be available for the All Blakcs over the coming seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd View Post
    I don't know how he has the gall to complain. .................................? Let some young bloke have a chance who is going to be available for the All Blakcs over the coming seasons.
    Couldn't agree more, Rick. Some here have reservations about that attitude and it's possible effect on the S14/Tri Nations. I think the SANZAR unions, well at least NZ & ZA, have enough depth to get past this issue. Providing that the up & comers, should they perform, are not dumped when the other players return to try and claim back their spots for RWC 2011. In any event they don't have the money to match the NH so why worry about what you can't control. Just get on with the business.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David