Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why do you love the Force...?

vCash

Smile Why do you love the Force...?

Now that the season is over and we have a couple of weeks until the Wallabies start up, wht better way to pass the time than talk about what it is that you love about the Force.

A few reasons:

-They are our WA team! They made Rugby more well-known in Perth and brought Union fasn together and are the reason behind TWF.

-I love that the players are all so friendly. With other sports and teams, when the game is over they all just walk straight to the change rooms but with the Force they walk around and talk to the fans and sign stuff and have photos and its as though nothing is too much an ask for them.

-I also love that despite what people say, they get down to business and try their little hearts out every week. Whether something is missing or not they give a whole-hearted effort.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by laura; 02-06-08 at 14:19. Reason: more

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    And here was I thinking it was a territorial thing...

vCash
    i love that they always sign anything, take photos, talk to you. Especially Brown and Sharpe

i love that they are soo much better than AFL and that there is much more access to them (trainings, meet players)

i love the blue, its a lovely blue

and as laura said, they give it their best shot and try hard to get the 'sea of blue' happy and jumpin around and keep the majority of the crowd still there at full time

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    i love the force because:

they are my team! i never really liked s14 til the force came along, and i only think i will as long as they are around... not that they will ever leave!

the players are nice, like laura said. and when they sign stuff, they dont just write their name and walk off, i had drew for 10 minutes after the brumbies game, and he was just standing there talking until there was a queue of players behind him waiting to get past. (brownie got a bit annoyed with me, coz i held him up for so long)

they play some INCREDIBLE rugby

... just because

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    These topics make me die a little inside...should we all hug a little because we support the Force?

vCash
    I love the force because ive never had the chance to live in the same city as a super14 team and never been to a live match before they came along.

I love the force because they are a realisation of a dream for WA rugby fans

I love the force because next year is THE year we bring it home!

vCash
    Refer to my signature

vCash
    Fan girls...where would we be without them?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    These topics make me die a little inside...
    Mate, Lord knows I can be as cynical as they come, but what possible harm is there in saying "We love the and here's why". The thread title pretty much explains what it's about, so you knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    should we all hug a little because we support the Force?
    Wouldn't be the first time- I think I'd been involved with TWF about 3 weeks before my first "post-winning-after-the-siren-everyone-jump-around-and-hug-each-other" moment, so yeah, maybe we should

I love the because:

They're my team- they came to WA the same year I did. After a few years out in the wilderness of Queensland I could watch live Super 14 again!
    They've done alot in increasing the profile of Rugby over here and I hope will continue to do so.
    While I don't know the guys personally, whenever I've spoken to them at open training or after the game they're always generally happy to have a chat- they strike me as nice, down to earth guys.

And finally- supporting the Force means I have free reign to pay out on Tah Man as much as I want

vCash
    I love the Force because:

For some reason it's a lot easier to convince a girl to go to a Force game than a club game

vCash
    I love the Force because they're not the Waratahs .....

And the fact that they are creating a great RUGBY club in an AFL town against the fact we don't even have a true home STADIUM and despite what certain people and newspapers do to try to unsettle it ..... its succeeding
    Great players, Great fans aswell......

And having carpet on the floor at my diamond seats to spill beer on when i jump out of my seat when we score a try ......

And having a rugby team to teach mates about the rules and strategies and convert new fans to union .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    I love the Force because they're not the Waratahs .....

And the fact that they are creating a great RUGBY club in an AFL town against the fact we don't even have a true home STADIUM and despite what certain people and newspapers do to try to unsettle it ..... its succeeding
    Great players, Great fans aswell......

And having carpet on the floor at my diamond seats to spill beer on when i jump out of my seat when we score a try ......

And having a rugby team to teach mates about the rules and strategies and convert new fans to union .....
    Dude, you would look great in a skirt.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Dude, you would look great in a skirt.
    i don't have the legs for it anymore but 10 years ago ......

vCash
    i love the force because:
    they are all NICE!
    they love to chat
    they sign stuff for you and always have pics with you!
    they are my home team ( even though i was born in chiefs country)
    I CALL THEM MY HOME TEAM NOW!
    they are all fantastic rugby players!
    I JUST LOVE THEM!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    I love the force because their end-of-season shenanigans over here on Rotto make life interesting.

I mean, Quokka-soccer is ok. But I'd never played hammer-throw until the Force came here. Hammer throw rocks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast