Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Part 3: The Mis-adventures of the committed.who.should.have.stayed.in.exile

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Part 3: The Mis-adventures of the committed.who.should.have.stayed.in.exile

Part 3.

First up let me start this Final chapter of my trip to Perth with a couple of apologies. First up I am sorry for not writing this chapter sooner and secondly I will like to apologise for the lack of “humour” in this chapter. This is a conclusion, and I guess that this will show that I am not a complete klutz, Contrary to belief of both this site, and my friends and family. So read on my faithful and patient readers. This is the beginning of the end.

I managed to make it on to my flight. The re-booked flight, not the original one eventually having made a few emergency purchases at the Newsagent to try and stave off the boredom of sitting in the one spot for 5 and a half hours. After reading 3 magazines and half the Biography of Eminem (don’t ask me why, it was the best I could find) I managed to drink 2 Bundy and Colas and 4 Crownies to arrive in Perth pleasantly pleased with both myself and the world in general.

I waited for my Dad to drive past the front door of the Airport because he refused to pay for parking, and we went past my little brothers work for me to say Gday to him as I haven’t seen the Teagle Turkey (a nick name he has had since he was 3) for about 2 years. I invited him to the Leederville Hotel that night so we could have a drink and he would have the pleasure and honour of chauffeuring me around Perth as I was in no state or mood to take a bus and a train to get the Pub to meet the members of TheWholeForce.

After arriving at my Dads house in Sorrento and throwing another 3 beers down my head the Teagle arrived to ferry me across to the Leederville Hotel. Upon arrival a quick call to Burgs to check where to meet and what we both looked like. Its sort of like a blind date only this time Burgs wasn’t going to get lucky at the end of the night. Tho, I must say I am not the one to receive a phone number from a lovely lady. I am not the one to tell stories out of school. The old rule applies; “What happens on Rugby trips, stays on Rugby trips!”

After meeting Burgs, Coach, No.8 and a little guy with a crazy accent (I find out later it was TEF, I think) I settled in, with another beer in hand to watch the world go by, to listen to the entertainment organised by TheCommitted and to try and figure out what the hell TEF was saying.

Overall the function was a very well organised event I had the opportunity to meet some great people and the members of TheCommitted should be congratulated on a job well done.

This is the part of the story that Burgs hinted to in posts on TheWholeForce.com and this is the same part that has had Sagerian bouncing off the walls. So pay attention Sage this is your bit.

Burgs and I having solved some of the worlds problems and having watched the Great and Mighty “Budda” Handy skol a Pint of Bundy and water no handed (seriously impressive sight) cornered Budda is he was making his way from the Leederville. The conversation went something like this;

TCIE: Excuse me Mr Handy, could we just have a second?
    Mr Handy: Certainly boys.
    TCIE: We just wanted to thank you for coming along tonight, it means a lot to us. Thank you.
    MR Handy: Boys, it was my pleasure.
    Burgs: Mr Handy if we could give you this card, it has the web address of a Western Force fan site on it, if you are interested.
    Mr Handy: Yes, I have heard about this, my boys were telling me about it.
    Burgs: It has some pretty good characters on it, even this crazy guy from Sydney Sage…
    Mr Handy (interrupting): Oh yes, the great Saaaage. (A laugh and a shake of the head).

And off he walked in to the sunset. A great man who gave up his time for the little people. (see Burgs I told you we aren’t fat, we are little people too!)

The end of the night saw a couple of things happen, Burgs, Coach and I spent a great deal of time being introduced to Western Force officials by No.8. Its at this time I should apologise to No.8. I was asked a couple of times by No.8 to do a little interview on stage, me being the subject of the interview. I am a little worried that as the night got later my refusals may have got a little too adamant, and for that I apologise. No.8 I am nothing special I am just a guy that loves rugby, and I am fortunate enough to have a wife that says yes to crazy ideas.

The end of the night also saw the Main Bar of the Leederville a place for souvenir hunters as Tooheys New Bar towels were claimed by all and sundry. I have no knowledge of what happened, but how one ended up in my bag after I got the washing out for the wife after the weekend still baffles me.

A short drive home saw me fumbling around in the dark at my dads house trying to figure out where the hell. Including 10 minutes spent trying to use my mobile phone as a key to get in the front door.

After a good recovery sleep I awoke, at 10am to the realisation that the match was tonite and I still didn’t have any tickets. A short call to Members Services of the Western Force had me calling Ticketmaster7 begging and pleading for their assistance. After explaining my situation to the staff and be greeted with giggles which I thoroughly deserved I was told that it was no problem and for a fee I would have the tickets replaced and they could be collected prior to the match. How much was the fee you ask? $7.00. that’s right friends Seven Bucks. A quick mopping of the brow, and an extended period of profusely thanking the wonderful staff of Ticketmaster7 including the promising of my naming my first born son after them had me bouncing up and down till my hangover slapped my between the eyeballs again. I needed another lie down.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is basically the end of my story. I made it to the game, I had a ball at the game with my Dad and my cousin. The rest of the weekend consisted of me and my Dad and brother drinking and talking. Not really much fun. So I will end it here. Thank you for indulging me, and thanks for your comments of support.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Ahhh, much like the Star Wars saga, very long to complete and some might say the finale was a little anti-climactic.

I'm just happy there's no jar-jar binks.

vCash
    Did you call her Burgs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ
    Did you call her Burgs?
    What goes on tour, stays on tour.

No talking out of class!!!!

We are TheWholeForce kin (try saying this really fast)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Don't know what you are talking about........
    Actually no, I was convinced I could find someone a couple of generations closer to mine.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    After meeting Burgs, Coach, No.8 and a little guy with a crazy accent (I find out later it was TEF, I think) I settled in, with another beer in hand to watch the world go by, to listen to the entertainment organised by TheCommitted and to try and figure out what the hell TEF was saying.

Aye bigyin, a take exception to the accent bit it's yus lot who have the fricken accents.

Just happy to be here

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    Aye bigyin, a take exception to the accent bit it's yus lot who have the fricken accents.

Can someone translate this for me???

Exile
    Sydney

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It says,
    "Ah yes, bakedbeans, I enjoy them often so the smell you smell is also the smell I smell and it is awful!"
    Hope that helps tcie?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    THanks for that Burgs - I thought he was trying to get romantic with me

Exile
    Sydney

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    That WAS romance

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Wow... There's alot of love on the forum tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontyboy
    What goes on tour, stays on tour.

No talking out of class!!!!
    Well isn't TWF part of the tour?

Or is that only the contributor section?

vCash
    Are you not commited anymore? Just in exile?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He's had his yearly jaunt across the nation now so I guess his committed rating has gone down as well.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    English lessons can be provided call freephone G.O. G.O. G.G.O.
    (I think that's it)

Anyway, a very fine story from TCIE much enjoyment was had.

In case you are interested, the purest form of the English language is spoken in Inverness Scotland, just up the road from where I was born. It's a fact mate.

Just happy to be here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast